Sorry for delay, but this post is worth the wait! As promised, today is the day for the Bomb Anniversary contest. Itâ€™s been exactly one year since I wrote the following:
Welcome to my humble, humble blogâ€¦
I’m a twenty-something year old in a city and an industry where fabulosity is EXTREMELY important. I love to write (ask my friends who receive my e-mail novellas everday), hang out with my buddies, and…SHOP! I’m absolutely, positively addicted. I’m the type of person who’d rather have a cute dress than a balanced meal, would rather spend a Saturday in Soho stores than sunning, and would take shoes over security. When people are carrying shopping bags full of clothes, all I want to do is ask them ‘What’d you buy???’ I get excited over fashion magazines like Lucky (just clothes, no talkie), and watch TLC’s ‘What Not To Wear’ religiously (and have written TLC letters many times asking to have reruns during the week, not just Friday nights!). Anyway, I’ve always been a connoisseur of fashion if I may opine…since the days of my plaid skirt suits, knee highs, and Mary Janes in Junior High to Satin Tops and Bootcut Jeans in High School…
I babbled on and on, but you get the point. Thankfully, a lot has changed since then. Time to really celebrate!
So, I have some amazing gift bags (two to be exact) to give to the Fashion Bomb readers who display the most knowledge of topics covered by The Fashion Bomb (and me by default).
Some questions are a little difficult, but the prizes are dope, dope, dope.
The first person to respond correctly will receive the following:
1. Textured Matanzas Metallic Gold Bracelet, Cubannie Links, post forthcoming. 2. Enamel Wing Earrings, Out of Hand Boutique, an online boutique I wrote about here. 3. Dark Blue Paisley Dress, Seasoned to Perfection, a vintage resale company mentioned here. 4. Copy of Fabulosity, mentioned everywhere! 5. Electric Blue Patent Leather Shoes, Seasoned to Perfection, whose owners I pictured here. 6. Fashion Notebooks, Sui Generis Boutique, an online boutique highlighted here. 7. Belt, Harrietâ€™s Alter Ego boutique , a cool Brooklyn shop profiled here. 8. Octopus Necklace, Out of Hand Boutique.
The second person to respond correctly will get the following:
1.Denise Bangle, Sui Generis Boutique. 2. Satellite Kimono Scarf, Starlet Accessories, an accessories company profiled here. 3. Bird Earrings, Stars and Infinite Darkness, an emerging designer website I wrote about here. 4. Copy of Fabulosity (the runner up should not be denied). 5. Egypt Cuff, Boutique Finesse, which I first wrote about here. 6. Mystery item, Pieces Boutique, featured here. 7. Sophie Slingbacks, Dru New York, whose designer I interviewed here. 8. Textured Matanzas Patent White Gold Bracelet, Cubannie Links, post to come!
So how will I determine the winner? Leave your answers, along with your first name and e-mail in the comments section. Good luck!
2. What fashion editor recently won the Eugenia Sheppard Award for journalistic excellence from the Council of Fashion Designers of America?
3. What black designer was the first American ever to be elected to the Chambre Syndicale, France’s prestigious organization of designers?
5. What Chinese â€˜souvenirâ€™ caused a snooty stranger to cry ‘fake’?
6. Where’s my hometown? (hint: It’s in Georgia, but not Atlanta) Had to change the wording of that question because the answer was murky…
8. What are the names of my former interns?
10. What shows did I see during my first fashion week?
Alright…get to searching those archives! And the technorati search box on the right should helpâ€¦
PS Special thanks to Sui Generis, Pieces Boutique, Cubannie Links, Boutique Finesse, Starlet Accessories, Harrietâ€™s Alter Ego, Dru New York, Out of Hand, Seasoned to Perfection, and Stars and Infinite Darkness for donating!! Youâ€™re the bomb!
PSS Have you RSVPâ€™d for my Anniversary Bash?? Really?
You better get on it!
RSVP to email@example.com.
PSSS Special thanks to Elsa! You’re the best!