Brandon Maxwell is officially one of our Fashion Week favorites! Not only do we love the work he does with Lady Gaga as her stylist—hello Super Bowl—but he always has one of the most diverse catwalks of the entire season.
“The hair is over the top glamour,” stated stylist James Pecis of the tresses that accompanied the fabulous runway ensembles. “The key to this is to not try to make someone something they’re not. Everyone’s hair should be their own.” And though the below steps outline how to get one particular ‘do from the show, some of our favorite models sported their natural curls and coils on the catwalk.
1. Saturate your hair with a thickening spray from roots to ends before blowing it out. Direct your tresses away from your face when you blow dry.
2. Complete a second application of the spray on the hair around your face.
3. Add extensions to your hair and make sure you apply them horizontally from the back.
4. Set your hair with a one-inch curling iron and alternate the waves.
5. Pull your hair back—away from your face, but close to your head.
7. Finish with hairspray at the top and sides.
What do you think of the hair at Brandon Maxwell?
Images: Lisa Richov