Taraji P. Henson kept it classic and sexy at last night’s 2016 American Music Awards, slipping on a Céline shirt dress and black lacy bra. She kept her hair timeless as well—choosing a sleek, waist-long ponytail for the night. “When thinking about Taraji’s AMAs look, we wanted to do a style she has never done on the carpet,” revealed hairstylist Tym Wallace. “Three feet of hair was the perfect choice!” Rapunzel vibes for real.
Here’s a step-by-step guide of how to recreate Taraji’s hair:
1. Stock up on some extensions that match your natural texture: Tym chose True Indian’s True Signature in Indian Wavy for Taraji. The longer, the better—obviously! 36 inches was on the agenda for Ms. Cookie Lyon herself. Then cleanse both your hair and your faux tresses.
2. Let your extensions air dry to bring out their natural texture: without frizz or flyaways.
3. Blow dry your hair, then silken using a 3/4 inch flat iron.
4. Create a strong center part and slick your hair into a low ponytail.
5. Wrap the extensions around your natural hair and secure with bobby pins.
6. Add your favorite frizz serum to make sure your waves are in place and flawless all night long.
Are you feeling Taraji’s hair?