March 20th, 2013
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Taylor from North Carolina

Today we have our first 3rd time Bombshell. Her style continues to evolve, so I figured, why not? She first debuted in October, 2010, then was featured again in January, 2012. Check out Taylor from North Carolina’s latest submission:
Fashion Bombshell Of The Day-0320-Taylor from North Carolina
She says, “It’s me…Taylor, again! You might remember me from having two submissions before on the website and I’m back to inquire about a third (the third time’s a charm, right?)”

_00-taylor-from-north-carol
“I’ve cleaned up my style a bit, having a more clear view of who I am and I am now a freshman college student! Time passes by so fast.”

_0-taylor-from-north-caroli
“To be honest, I really don’t have a set genre for my style.”

_04-taylor-from-north-carol
” One day I can be grungy and the next day I can be extremely girly.”

_02-taylor-from-north-carol
” What I wear is decided by my mood and what my mind state is for that day.”

_06-taylor-from-north-carol
” I’m inspired by a lot of old school things and most of my inspiration comes from films from the 80′s and 90′s. Right now, I attend an HBCU where my choice of outfits sometimes get the disapproving stares, but never has that altered my perception of myself.”

_05-taylor-from-north-carol
” People are used to ‘the norm’…”
_0000-taylor-from-north-car
“… so when they see something quite different, they tend to not understand it.”

_08-taylor-from-north-carol
” One things for sure, I will always stick to who I am.”
_001-taylor-from-north-caro
“… Right now I am a freshman in college studying Apparel Design…”
_005-taylor-from-north-caro
“… and hopefully one day I will find my way to New York City.”

_006-taylor-from-north-caro
“My blog is Theskinnyfashionista.blogspot.com.”

_003-taylor-from-north-caro
Wow! Your style has changed so much in the past few years! I like what I see.
What do you think, Bombers and Bombshells? Was the third time a charm for Taylor?

Posted In
74 comments

74 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Taylor from North Carolina”

1. Dion says:

Oh I LOVE her! LOVEEEE!!!!

2. Choco aka Hipppie says:

She pulls it off quite well! Miss me on the CUNT Tee tho!

3. I love her style. So different.

4. Natasha says:

After looking at her series, I don’t think her style has evolved: she’s right there in the 80s for all three submissions. Not a bad thing, I suppose. However now that she’s in “Apparel Design” perhaps an it’ll help her consider occasionally drawing on other sources of inspiration.

Liked the green pants outfit most (along the pics coming before and after it).

5. Lindsey says:

I gave her a bombshell vote although her style isnt my cup of tea at all I admire the fact that she is owning who she is. Her confidence is shown is every outfit and that helped my decision.

6. terilili says:

I can’t believe this girl is a college freshman! She has such a well-defined sense of style!

7. RHONYC says:

1st thought: “now that’s tough!”

now that’s baaaadazz chick. ;-)

8. mi manning says:

there’s a lot going on…just keepin’ up w/ the current trends, and I’m not THAT impressed. However, I like the green pants and denim short with the heels look…tres chic!

9. mi manning says:

*denim shirt

10. darla says:

I think she has a great sense of style. Definitely a bombshell, however I am not feeling the “Cunt” shirt.

11. Dom says:

Haven’t looked at the past submissions, but I think this is solid. It’s not my style for sure, and I don’t think most could pull it off. But she wears it and looks confident.

Also, high five for continuing your education and using it to pursue your passion! The fact that its an HBCU earns you double points in my book!

12. iQgraphics says:

dope
    sans the cunt.

13. ebby says:

you have really evolved. i love your current style. your previous submissions were giving me a very urban outfitters vibe. this time around, it looks like you’re really bringing your own unique style. i think you could def lose the baseball caps, that’s just my humble and quite frankly disposable opinion.

14. Nahila says:

Yes GIRL !!! All the looks go in for the kill !

15. The SPS says:

I have a thing against the same person submitting a gazillion times.

16. lola says:

WERK WERQ WOKK WORK BISH WOOOOORK *two snaps and a neck roll*

17. mamareese says:

Huh…maybe I don’t get it. But I have always HATED those clunky chunky shoes that everybody seems to wear…does nothing for a ladies figure. I guess…do you chile…do you.

18. KBS says:

I hate every single shoe choice except the ankle strapies, and I subsequently want to do a drive by on Jeffrey Campbell, but I think Ms. Taylor is still a FB. This is her look, not mines, and she pulls it off well.

19. mamareese says:

I guess if this is what fashion has come to…wearing stuff to stick out like a sore thumb….then I’m tapping out. Clearly I must not know fashion……my statment is dripping with sarcasm…Imma beast ok.

20. Jei says:

@mamareese Thought I was the only one..to each’s own. Ok style. I liked the look with the green pants the most.

21. This style works for her, but she hasn’t evolved. She’s gotten a bit older and changed her hair. That’s about it.

22. Taylor! says:

Thanks for the positive comments guys!

23. Taylor! says:

Thanks for the positive comments! Stay beautiful Queens and Kings! Good vibes. xx

24. nike says:

Do you Boo!! Love it all.

25. Meme says:

i guess its just not my cup of tea…and that shirt with that disgusting word on it?…..just no

DEATH to those chunky shoes

27. RHONYC says:

@ Meme

my daughter is the same age & freshman in college…she has a t-shirt that literally reads ‘F*CK RACISM’.

i wouldn’t wear it, but i feel like for them its about freedom of expression…especially since high school had so many dress code restraints. ;-)

28. Soul Touch says:

Okay, I am not a fan of the clunky chunky heels. I know they’re in but all I can think is Olive Oil (Popeye).

That said, I think you are adorable. People comment on the 80s style, but I get it…it’s what’s in for the younger crowd these days. I lived it and not in the mood to live it again, lol, but I get it.

I think you are a doll, and for your age, your style is awesome. You seem comfortable and at ease with it. You own it my dear.

29. Ari says:

Is she really wearing a shirt that says “cunt”?! Ehhh.

30. YAS YAS YAS!!!! SUPER DOPE!!!

31. justme says:

I really like the twist, the fact that you’re comfortable being you is great, but I don’t see bombshell just yet. But I wish you the best with your education.

32. Sylkismooth says:

Love her, keep doing you young Lady, anything outside the normal trend will always get stares, for you to be this conscious at such a young age speaks volumes of who you are! Take you self to NY after you graduate and continue to excel! ;-)

33. COTN says:

Gorgeous bombshell!

I am so over jeffrey campbell and his alien shoes….. I want them to go away !!! lol

35. Resopym7@verizon.net says:

You attend a HBCU and you wear cunt T. Take a history class before you wear it again.

36. EatStylePlay says:

Resp…she might know all that she needs to know about the word.

Anyway, go girl! Just smile!! I love your style, I’m too old for it, but I love it, and you’re in your years where it just gets better from there. You remind me of a friend who dressed like this she was so badass and still is to this day.

37. MsG says:

I loved everything but the shoes threw a few fits off for me… I too am bored with the JC, superchunky styles!! So much so that it made me say hit or miss because it doesn’t go with everything! i.e. it was so cute with “cunt” tee,,, but with the last pic I wasn’t feeling it… sigh!

38. CNotes says:

I like it when someone pulls off fashions that I’m not necessarily a fan of (e.g. clunky shoes). On me…..never…..on her….fierce! There is something about her and her look that impresses me. Love it!

39. endESQ says:

This submission put a smile on my face. Love her fierce individuality and strong sense of self. Her personality shines through in her outfit choices, and that’s what really makes a fashion bombshell a bombshell! She has a je ne sais quoi…#amirite?

EAGLE PRIDE!!!!!!

41. Nellie says:

I like how she reused her cardigan and her shoes over again with different outfits. She’s a winner and she’s young confident and talented !!!

42. Most of the bombshells featured don’t really do anything for me. I feel like everyone is dressing in the exact styles because of fast fashion brands. I can see nearly the same outfits all over twitter, instagram, and tumblr. There is no such thing as dressing with originality because we all shop at the same brands.

43. omgfantastic says:

i was there until i got to the cunt shirt.

i mean, really? people nowadays always want to try to shock or be ironic or clever. it just comes across as trite, dumb and generally uninteresting.

weren’t we just offended that a little black girl was called a cunt?

oh. she’s grown. she can be a cunt. lol. silly and childish.

44. Deirdre says:

she embraces her own style she isnt afraid to push the envelope thats what i am so intrigued by. Love her :) Ive been following her tumblr for quite some time now her new blog.

45. Genie says:

Not feeling the Cunt t-shirt, but she knows herself, and looks cute.

46. tt says:

NOPE! that cunt shirt ain’t it & i HATE those ugly ass, clunky, frankenstein
    club kid shoes, BUT i am so feeling the green harem sweat pants & denim shirt. loose the earrings & pair the outfit w/another heel & that ensemble, hair, & pose are everything!

47. miss nyc says:

She went from playing it safe to allowing herself to feel with colors and the heels. I do ser a big difference.

48. miss nyc says:

She evolved!

49. I love her style I just hate Jeffery Campbell litas

50. MCYBW says:

I called Bombshell… She is KILLING it. I especially love seeing her grow into herself. I don’t really care for the Cunt shirt, but It makes me think of Karl L. and her confidence reads all through it. She’s got some funky stuff but she wears it versus being worn buy it. Keep it up Doll KEEP IT UP!