January 16th, 2012
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Taylor from North Carolina

Happy MLK Day!
I’m about to enjoy the holiday, but first, I give you second time Bombshell, Taylor from North Carolina:

Taylor was first featured in 2010, and it seems her style has changed quite a bit.

She says, “I would describe my style as casual, glam-rock, and androgynous.”

” I love simplicity…”

“… but I also don’t mind thinking outside of the box!”

” I’m an eighteen-year-old senior in high school.”

“… and although we have to wear uniforms, I refuse to just stick to the regular ol’ collar shirt and khaki’s.”

” I am also a big fan of grunge fashion and I don’t believe in dressing straight off the mannequin.”

” Bargain shopping and thrift shopping excite me and I have even made my own pieces (like this black dress).”

“I am currently striving to be a fashion stylist for both runway and for celebrities.”

Well, you’ve certainly changed a lot over the years! You definitely have a more unique look, from your hair down to your shoe choices.

What do you guys think of Taylor’s new steeze? See her first Bombshell post here.

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 2-6 picture(s) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted may be featured on Facebook or Twitter. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game!

Posted In
37 comments

37 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Taylor from North Carolina”

1. Raishawn says:

Love it! Her style is very unique and fits no mold and true to who she is!

2. goldie says:

I love it, esp the lipstick.

3. Godiva says:

love it! Not everyone can get away with those looks. Its all about finding what works for you and adding “sass”…the way one dresses is their own personal artwork..

4. goldie says:

I like her style. Very appropriate for her age. Love her lipstick. She def looks like a NYC girl.

5. TT says:

I actually like her style…but I gotta wonder, WHERE do people wear these outfits to?

6. African Mami says:

she definitely has evolved. I’m loving this right hurr!!!! It’s edgy but not in a forced manner. Definitely a bombshell! and she is a cutie pie too!

7. Sassncurlz says:

Loving it! You can tell she feels comfortable and confident with her personal style…fits her perfectly!

8. Jules says:

LOVE HER STYLE

9. Trisha Renee says:

I actually like her style. A lot of ppl wouldn’t be able to pull it off (including myself) but she does is seamlessly.

10. Miss Understood says:

@TT, I was thinking the same thing! Where could you possibly wear these outfits?! Cute girl though.

11. Cee Lo says:

Yesss! Thank you for the inspiration blog!

12. Brittany says:

I’ll pass. It all looks extremely cliche and forced to me.

13. Whowhatandwhere says:

I love love love her! She’s edgy and it does NOT look like she’s trying too hard. She is so young but she is already fierce and props to her for making that cute black dress! Her looks are not what I myself would wear because I’m tres simple but I would trust her to style me when I want to sass it up.

Good luck in the future girl!

14. Whowhatandwhere says:

Had to say, just checked out your last submission and you have changed a lot! Keep it up, I think you’ll just keep getting better and better :D

15. Tricia says:

im so over the half shaved head but she’s a cute girl as are some of her ensembles.

16. Brandon says:

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee her, to those asking where the looks can be worn, I feel like they can be worn pretty much anywhere besides work or formal occassions, maybe its the LA in me.

17. sun.kissed says:

Based on her last submission, this look seems very true to her and she does it well, but I think she’s misinformed on her style. She’s not ‘simple’ or ‘androgynous.’

18. Shawn says:

loves individuality

19. NikkiBellaRay says:

Her style is far from simple first off and secondly what a transformation!! but some how she still stayed true to herself, she just stepped it up 10 notches.

20. Brittany Renae says:

I love it!

21. Brianna Iniko Christine says:

Very unique and put together.She will go far in life.

22. showmethecake says:

imma be nice cause when I submit my pics for this I’m not gonna want to see all this hating. Y’all be brave as shite.

23. lanenabuena says:

She really has swag must say, I don’t even like any of the pieces however she sure pulls them off and I love how she is so confident and she is only 18yrs can’t wait to see lil mama style at 25.

24. S says:

Lmao. Simplicity?? No she didn’t.

25. shardae says:

not feeling any of it. the hair the clothes nothing. and her style is not glam rock or androgynous to me at all. but to each it’s own

26. ci ci says:

LMAO seriously???? WTF. this shit is ugly, her style is HORRIBLE and her HAIR is ugly too. and before anybody attack me this is MY OPINION. but if that floats her boat so be it

27. Jazzy Poo says:

SHE DRESSES LIKE A OLD ASS HOOKER. MY MAW MAW GOT MORE STYLE THEN HER. SMH PEOPLE WILL HOP ON DA BANDWAGON OF ANYBODY I SEE. YALL ALL DICKRIDING HER LIKE SHE REALLY CAN DRESS. WHY CAUSE SHE FROM BBS? FUCK OUTTA HERE

28. Maryse says:

This jazzy poo here needs to het her(his?) pc fixed ’cause the caps lock is stuck. Anyway, I find her description from the last time more befitting of what she’s wearing here then what she had on last time. She also has on more colours and she looks much better in this. Instead of all black. The black dress she made is also very pretty.

29. dayuum_chelz says:

@jazzypoo and @ci ci no one is hating on you because you have an opinion but if you don’t like what she is wearing a simple ” this is not for me” or “i do not like her style” would suffice. All the other comments are irrelevant and unnecessary. We get you don’t like her style. that’s your prerogative. but you don’t have to be nasty and mean about it.

30. llehsal says:

hmmm…

31. Mona L says:

Whats with these bull nose piercings shit looks dumb AF!

32. The HPDL says:

she looks good looks like she has fun…
    Like we say
    “Follow your heart not trends”

33. Dameion says:

YESSSSSS I need to find her she gives me everything I love all her looks she owns it and its not common I LIVE!

34. Dameion says:

Love the improvement this is it!

35. perkypeach says:

Congrats, Taylor. You definitely stepped up your style. Best wishes for the future.

36. She looks great! Kind of reminds me of Dawn from Diddy’s group. And a big improvement from the last time around.