March 5th, 2013
Claire's Life, Fashion Week, Paris, Real Style, Style Diary
Style Diary: Paris Fashion Week Fall 2013

So I’m in Paris!
claire sulmers kenzo spring 2013 jumpsuit jungle printed proenza schouler ps11
My European fashion week adventure is coming to a close, and I fly home on Thursday. It’s been a lot of fun, but also very tiring, and there are many Mail Bombs and What to Wear requests that need solving (and my full attention!). Over the weekend, I attended the Kenzo show (see my review here), and since I love Kenzo so much, decided to wear a jumpsuit from their Spring 2013 collection.
claire sulmers kenzo spring 2013 france jungle jumpsuit
It’s been pretty warm and sunny à Paris, so I slipped on a denim jacket (and my J.Crew coat over that–not pictured). I accessorized with my mirrored Proenza Schouler PS11 for a pop of color.
plum proenza schouler metallic ps11
If only I had known, I would’ve packed a pair of white pumps! But with few options, I simply wore my DSquared Raso Boots.
claire sulmers the fashion bomb blog kenzo spring 2013 jumpsuit printed
I’m so ready for Spring (aren’t you?). The great thing about this jumpsuit is that you can unzip the leg to make it into a short suit/romper.
look how my kenzo spring 2013 jumpsuit unzips
Please believe you’ll be seeing me in this again when the weather truly warms up!
claire sulmers fashion bomb daily kenzo paris jumpsuit ps 11 proenza schouler jungle theme prada baroque sunglasses
kenzo spring 2013 rtw jumpsuit blogger fashion blog claire sulmers fashion bomb daily
Fashion Week is always a humbling experience for a blogger, especially for a blogger of color. The blog has come super far in almost 7 years, but we still have a ways to go. I try my best to stay positive, put on a smile, wear cheery colors, and keep plugging.
claire sulmers kenzo paris spring 2013 printed jumpsuit pierre balmain jean jacket proenza schouler ps11
Shout out to Cliché, Faith, and Jihan who hold it down big time as I do the Fashion Week Circuit.
Also, thanks for your support guys, you make it all worth it.
Smootches!
Photos by Guillaume Landry
*Just for fun, check the jumpsuit on the runway:
claire sulmers fashion bomb daily jumpsuit Kenzo+Spring+2013+wsuEgXlx0Zql
Seeing an item on a model who looks like me certainly encourages me to buy. What about you?

61 Responses to “Style Diary: Paris Fashion Week Fall 2013”

1. BeBe Jones says:

very cute, claire!!!

2. Savage says:

Um…..how about it looks was better on you than the model Claire! U look great! Love the blog!

3. Faith says:

Yes Claire! That waist is SNATCHED. And the diversity on the runway at PFW this year has been quite disappointing.

4. terilili says:

You look amaze as always. I can’t believe how well that jumper suits you! Here I was thinking jumpers didn’t go well with curves.

5. Thanks for bringing us to Paris with you!!!!!! You LOOK like you have been working hard at both the blog and staying healthy.
    Awsome look!!

6. Empress says:

Loveeeeeee

7. Tami says:

You betta werk! You look very pretty!

8. Diversity says:

“Seeing an item on a model who looks like me certainly encourages me to buy.”

100% agree!

9. NIKKIE says:

Good job Claire! You look so good. I need to hit the gym ASAP. Who designed the jumpsuit?

10. Eloise says:

@ Nikkie: reading is knowledge…smh

I think the jumpsuit looks freasher, more easy-breezy, less stuffed on the model.

11. Choco aka Hipppie says:

Great fit and look!

12. Pretty Haute says:

I love it! You;ve been looking pretty youthful these days. Love the diversity you giving for Fashion Week

13. The Truth says:

I don’t understand how Claire always get all kinds of positive compleaments on her style! And she never looked right to me. She has nice legs and get outfits but she doesn’t know how to put it together. For example that jump suite is HOT but weraing that with a denim jackaet? with that bag and shoe? really? This is just an example but I have seen it too many times to not say anything about it. Lets keep it realllllllllllll

14. Kitty B. says:

That jumpsuit I love!! I NEEEEEEED IT :’(

15. Genie says:

Cute look Claire. And may I say, your outfit is far more flattering on you, than the model!

16. Dion says:

Damn haters are gonna HATE thats how they survive! :(

Claire you look beautiful.

17. smv says:

eeeh@the truth you went all in lol. i think everyone has their style and its not going to please everyone. What i do appreciate about claire is that she DOES put herself out there too. its not just the bombshells getting scrutinized lol

18. I agree with truth teller to an extent. I’m not really feeling what the jumpsuit is paired with. If y’all saw this outfit on a bombshell of the day y’all would be getting on her hard.

I think I’d like the jumper as a romper definitely so I can’t wait to see how Claire wears it in the spring!

19. yusufswifee says:

love it…looking good. blonde locks are my weakness

Give that itty bitty purse away immediately – trustme…

20. Camillia says:

I like it better w/ out the jacket. Cute look Claire!! Keep up the good work with the blog. It’s a daily obsession for me:)

21. Sher Sher says:

Claire, whatever diet you’re on, I want deets…STAT! Love the jumper on you, much better than on the model. I’d have preferred to see it with a blazer rather than the denim jacket but it’s haute nonetheless.

22. Liz says:

Yeah… this looks fab sans the jacket.

@The Truth… I thought I was the only one.

23. You look fab, love the suit.

24. Miss White says:

Fab! I’m from BK and I’m an 80 ‘s baby…I felt the denim jacket *shrugs*

25. dyshaun says:

Claire you have just BLOOMED in the last two years! Embrace your set! You are the new Fashion Sect dear!

Your waist is Yasssss. Kenzo is SERIOUS about fit I see. Your HAIR IS LOVE. With the casual coolness of the label, I was thinking you couldve probably done a parka and call me crazy, a metallic shoe!

SN: Our nails match! Im wearing OPIs cream of crete!

26. Erica says:

Personally, the jumpsuit on the model is too big. She looks like a sanitation worker! But on Claire it is VERY flattering. I must disagree with you nay sayers….

And I’m feeling the denim jacket as well. {¯\_(ツ)_/¯}

27. Dee Dee says:

Claire, that jumpsuit is TRES CHIC!! So fun, i love it!

28. FashionOne says:

Claire you look cute… love the blond locks!

29. Nice! Love the look and your smile is infectious Claire.

30. Tifani says:

@The Truth: You said what alot of people were probably thinking , but were too afraid to say! #bravegirl

31. binks says:

that jumpsuit is all kinds of HOTTT! I’ sm not usually a fan of jumpsuits but I want that one…lol Claire when are you going to do a travel post, I would love to hear and get tips about traveling aboard and your experience with it!

32. Ang says:

Damn, girl!
    You betta werk!

33. DomDom says:

Love the jumpsuit, not here for the denim jacket though, it cheapens the look.

34. Izhause says:

Wow you are a Vision! Just Purely Gorgeous and you wore it Better than the model!!!!!

35. Bronze says:

I want the whole outfit!

36. Eloise says:

@The truth: back to say I agree with everything. Claire owns the blog after all so maybe people prefer to stay politically-correct and considerate.

37. AJ says:

Claire, you look amazing in that jumpsuit & I absolutely love the jumpsuit!

38. I’d much more prefer this as a romper… As a jump suit it is giving me garbage collecter chic 0_0

39. Rebecca says:

Hmmm… idk this Is giving me garbage collecter chic?

40. Thank you for giving us your BEST! We know it’s not easy, but we’ve all got your back!

41. Nunya says:

LOVE IT. And I’m sure Truth Teller and Eloise are those ratchets wearing $2 weave and shopping at Rainbow. Wouldn’t know style if it smacked ‘em. You look young and vibrant. Fab!

42. Rese C says:

Claire, you and your body are amazing! I have been on this site for over 5 years and you encourage me to live my dream. You have come super far in 7 years but I know this only the beginning. May God continue to bless you.

43. Andie says:

You look great to me! And for the record zclarie didnt bribe me with her fab blog to get my opinion.

44. The Truth says:

LOL @ Nunya I was really telling u guys how I felt. I have been noticing this stuff for years and I couldn’t take it anymore. I like Claire and the blog so I was not trying to be mean.

I understand we all have different style and not all of us will like her style but her style is way off most of the time and she gets all kinds of complaints. I am starting to think most of u work for her or something lol

45. MsMingas says:

- The Truth – You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. And it’s your opinion against the majority. It is a matter of taste, and style, and Claire has her own. I do agree with her that white shoes would look better, but consider that it is warm in Paris but not warm enough to wear the jumpsuit on its own, therefore she paired it with what she had, a denim jacket and I think it made the look more edgy. Again – matter of opinion.

Claire you look stunning, you are my motivation indeed. I’m happy for you for the growth you are experiencing, and I hope you accomplish what you have planned for life.

46. ddsweet says:

I really don’t like it with the denim jacket, but alone its super cute. Maybe with a diff belt idk. In any case I love how you experiment with your style, its not always my taste, but cute none the less. I wish we could see more everyday looks as opposed to events/fashion week looks. Ootd?

47. Yashi says:

the model’s bones structure is killer…#gladtobeofcolor

48. Oops!! sorry, Didn’t mean to post so much. Thought my comments weren’t showing up. X_x

49. KBS says:

Groupthink!

I am still loving the locs, I kinda miss mines :(
    Is the belt removable on the jumpsuit? Maybe rock it with a skinny belt? The length on Claire is perfect; right to the bottom of her shoe.