February 20th, 2013
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Bonang from South Africa

Today we’re getting a bit of international flair with Bonang from South Africa:

FBDO-022013-Bonang from South Africa
She was submitted by reader Chazzy, who wrote, “I am submitting this fabulous fashionista as a Fashion Bombshell.”

bonang matheba3
“…She is building a name for herself as a successful entrepreneur.”

bonang matheba
” I love her looks and she is an inspiration to many young African ladies.”

bonang matheba2
” She just goes to show that Africa is not just veld and animals, but has so much beauty.”

bonang matheba4
“Her style is vibrant…”

bonana matheba fashion bombshell of the day fashion bomb daily
“Classy…”

bonang matheba from south africa
“… and fun.”

bonang matheba fashion bomb daily

“… Cheers to the queen B, miss Bonang Matheba from South Africa.”
bonang from south african 4
“… [See more at] Bonangmatheba.com.”
bonang matheba5
Hot! She is indeed a beauty, with a sweet, chic style to boot. Might we have another Queen B on our hands?

Posted In
91 comments

91 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Bonang from South Africa”

1. jumelle12 says:

I F*****G LOVE IT! Bombshell indeed :)

2. Chic Therapy says:

My favorite look was the white top and statement necklace.Talk about keeping it classy!

3. Empress says:

I like the last four outfits. That feather skirt is hawwwt!

4. PINKY says:

Luving her style && shes gorgeous

5. Soul Touch says:

Bombshell indead! I love the glitter blazer, the green slacks and top, and when I saw the necklace with jeans and white top I just about died and went to heaven.

6. Larissa says:

That girl bomb !

7. jasmine says:

the green pant outfit…..cute girl, well put together, just not my personal taste.
    but overall she worked it.

8. sTYLE IS BASIC BUT SHE IS BEAUTIFUL

9. ggggiiirrl says:

please explain to mean what basic is? it’s always the same females screaming basic. This girl is anything but basic, this girl has style and would stand out in any crowd! Period!

10. KBS says:

Pics got better towards the end. Definite BS.
    The individual that wrote the commentary about Africa not being just veld and animals, now that’s just insulting. Anyone with just half a brain knows Africa has more going on than that.

11. Taneica says:

She’s GORGEOUS! I like her shoes :-).

12. bebe says:

She looks gorge with that lace and feather dress!

13. LGZ says:

I was worried at first and almost didnt open this post but the pictures became nicer at the end, and were very stylish!

14. @ggggiiirrl…the term “basic” was not used to be insulting..I spend alot of time NY and Ive seenmost her looks time and time again..yes they are fly but IMO basic…smH..always the same females screaming basic???Okay

15. mi manning says:

first couple pics were a bit blah-zay…the rest was def a bombshell. she’s a pretty girl, too.

16. TMaryMack says:

cute! Her style is very nice without being over-the-top. I think to some, wearable translates to “basic” but its just something the everyday FBD reader can be inspired by/ recreate. Nothing wrong with that :)

17. Martinique_Fr says:

I checked out her website… this chick is FABULOUS!

18. lola says:

WOOORK!!

19. J. Nicole says:

Everything is great. Don’t change a thing!

20. FYI says:

Well Bonang is a celebrity(Dj, tv host, up and coming designer) and has a stylist, gets dressed by local designers so its no wonder she looks this good.

21. confused says:

I’m confused if someone submitted lala anthony’s or rosci diaz pictures for example would she be considered a bombshell?

22. Olwethu says:

I almost died, I thought B! submitted her pics herself. She has great style. @ FYI, I am sorry but Bonang uses her team for award season not errday work. I am next * hides*

23. FYI says:

Lol @Olwethu I almost died myself. Maybe Jeanie D, Minnie Dlamini or maybe Dineo Ranaka will be submitted by well meaning fans

24. Yes Ma'am says:

This year I started shooting Clash Of The Choirs SA and Top Billing, shot my first Destiny Magazine cover, was on the October cover of Elle Magazine, won a Glamour Award, was on the Forbe’s List, won a Feather Award, had my 1st tv production under my company BME (Bonang Matheba Entertainment) and bought myself a brand spanking new car, lol!
    The statement above was taken from her website; Forbes, Elle and Glamour award very impressive!

25. Liz says:

Love her!

26. Jamesy says:

Love everything– except for the jean short outfit. Everything else is above par, she’s a bombshell. The green trouser ensemble is my favorite; it makes her look like Kerry Washington.

27. LawyerLady says:

BOOM & WOW is right!!! Girl you betta do that!

28. DannielleS says:

I like it and her makeup is great

29. Hehe says:

So pretty! Her style is cute.

30. Deb says:

OMG!!
    the pic with green pants is my fav…for a minute there she looks like Kerry Washington
    Bananas!!! Amazing!!!

31. florida girl says:

she looked really great.

32. lmonroedivine says:

I love that statement necklace!

33. smv says:

There is no denying that she is a Bombshell, i just for some reason like to see a little representation of peoples roots in their style. i wanted to see a little bit of South Africa here. *only my opion*

34. smv says:

*opinion* lol

35. Candace says:

yes, Yes, YES!

36. mirage says:

PLEASE TAKE BONANG DOWN!! She is an uber celebrity who has South Africa’s top designers on speed dial and she just wona Glamour Woman of the Year Award and countless style awards, presents hit shows and even her makeup artist and go to designer aren’t for regular folk. If Beyonce and co don’t count for bombshell of the day neither should Bonang it is not fair, I thought bombshell of the day was for regular women not women who have teams that make them look this good!!!

37. Choco aka Hipppie says:

LOVESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

38. Choco aka Hipppie says:

@Mirage
    Wouldn’t Bonang have to submit herself to be considered for a fashion bombshell????

39. mirage says:

And PS some of the above pics are actually from a Glamour magazine article in which she has a monthly column entitled Bonang’s World detailing her favourite things of the month, style tips etc.

40. mirage says:

She shouldn’t even be considered and we have had sisters, brothers and friends submit other for bombshell of the day before, my point is if we had Kelly Rowland or Solange or Lala or Rihanna submitted as bombshells would that be fair? Last time I checked bombshell wasn’t about celebrities we have hot or hmm, this week in chic, splurge for that.

41. Shan B says:

She’s my new idol…I’m kidding, but she’s got the fashion game down!

42. Hmmm. Before I even began to read the comments I was thinking how weird it was for someone to nominate a someone who is not their friend of family member for Fashion Bombshell of the Day. Like, do these people even know that their pics are being published here? Even in the past where people (other than Claire) have nominated well known bloggers as Bombshells– is kind of weird to me. I haven’t even gone to her site yet and it is clear that this young woman is very well known in the fashion industry in Africa. Nonetheless, I voted ok style. The pics definitely got better toward the end.

43. Meme says:

that feather dress took me to fashion heaven! love it!

44. smv says:

if i were to guess i would say she styled herself in the first set and the rest were styled.. based on what claims are being made here. there is a big difference in the level of styling and even the quality of pictures..and still not enough africa

45. Shakira L. says:

AMAZING!!!! Beautiful and vibrant!!! I love it

46. FYI says:

@mirage I’m with you. Tomorow submitting Lalaz pictures or maybe Emily B for FBOTD.

47. kanimeni maqela? says:

What exactly is ‘enough africa’?

48. She looks so good. Love her pictures the one with white tee and jeans.