February 14th, 2013
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Alicia from Oakland

Today’ s Bombshell is Alicia from Oakland:

20130214-125008.jpg
She says, “My name is Alicia Jay. I am 6’6″ and live in Oakland, CA.”

20130214-125313.jpg
“… I have a website called TallSWAG.com.”

20130214-125337.jpg
“… It’s a site for fabulous and fierce tall women.”

20130214-125402.jpg
“I created it because it’s hard to find clothes and shoes in our size.”

20130214-125436.jpg

” I never knew there were so many options out there because I never thought fashion was for me.”

20130214-125934.jpg
” As a tall woman, I went through a lot and never knew I had a fashion voice.”

20130214-140212.jpg
“… Once I found it, I wanted everyone to hear it…boom…TallSWAG.com.”

20130214-130015.jpg
“How would I define my style? I wouldn’t. I believe when you define something, you put a box around it and NOBODIES fashion should be in a box.”

20130214-130418.jpg
“…You should wear what you want, when you want and how you want. No questions asked and no critiques considered.”

20130214-130500.jpg
“I also created T SWAG. It’s my TALL t-shirt line. An expression of how amazing we are and how amazing tall is.”

20130214-130525.jpg
Gorgeous! You are sleek and sophisticated, and a beauty to boot!
What do you think?

Posted In
59 comments

59 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Alicia from Oakland”

1. A beautiful amazon so chic and well put together bravo

2. Jlynn719 says:

Love her! I follow her on twitter, I love that she is proud of her height and not afraid to rock a heel

3. BEAUTIFUL aMAZON well put together BRAVO

4. skeys says:

Wow! I’m blown away! She could be the poster child for tall girls!

I’m only 5’2, but I never judge tall girls when their pants are too short. My legs are too “long” to wear petite and too short for regular length pants; thus, my pant legs are often scrubbing the floor.

5. Michelle says:

I love this post. She reminds me a lot of myself. I am 5’11″ and I have recently found my niche in fashion. I wear high heels just like any other girl and they make me feel confident, not like a tower. I am so happy to see a tall woman represent for the rest of us. I look forward to checking out her website!

6. Soul Touch says:

Thanks for sharing the site…I’m 5’10 but have legs fit for 6’1 and can never find pants that are long enough, so I stick to skirts. Thanks for sharing the info.

You look lovely!

7. smv says:

Yes, im getting an im grown, no fuss vibe and i love it.

8. AMH says:

She is gorgeous and 6’6 whattt? She better work

9. jeda says:

6’6??? Woah! I love your looks!
    Blessings

10. Leimom says:

WOW 6’6, she is tall, I definetly would not want my 5’2 frame beside her. She is a beauty and her style fits her.

Thank You for submitting. Iam 5’9 and I wear flats daily because I hate the attention I get when I wear heels. She most certainly made my day. Happy Vday

12. BlueIvy says:

damnnnn 6’6 does that exist?

13. ShellBell says:

She is a beauty. Love her looks and the way she puts simple things together to create a sophisticated yet stylish look.

14. KandiSTYLE says:

Yes ma’am go tall or go home!! I love Alicia and T Swag, she always looks great. #Bombshell

15. Dee says:

Miss A. J. you are the “bomb”. Your style is classy, feminine and effortlessly chic.

16. libby17 says:

the multi color dress with gray t-strap shoes is my fave.

17. phoenixXII says:

GORGEOUS! Style, sophistication, confidence!!!

Hail to the tall girls!! I’m 5’10″ and didn’t come into my own until my late twenties– fashion has definitely become more accessible (with regards to length/fit) for tall women-

Awesome post!

18. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Tami from BBW? Is that you?!?!? lol Not really feeling her style but she is well put together and a pretty girl.

19. mi manning says:

6’6”….whoa!!! still elegantly chic, nonetheless.

20. cheriemacherie says:

lovely and simple:)

21. Karen says:

I love her confidence! She has def come in to her own.

22. debs says:

LOVE LOVE!!!!

23. Jei says:

5’10″ & here to stand tall!! Love it! She’s a beauty & I like here style and expression of it. I will def be purchasing a shirt from here line. I love being tall & will rock a mean 6 inch heel without a second thought. All hail tall beauties!

tall woman in high heels? LOVE THAT

25. JT says:

Love the fact that she is not shy or embarrassed to be fashionable because of her height! Just Beautiful Style! Love the Swag & Confidence! I’m a 6’2 Male, but I’ll still DUNK ON HER! LOL!

26. Lady Bay says:

Bay Area standup! She’s gorgeous with great style! I’m 5′ 10 and I thought it was hard for me to find clothes!

27. K.R says:

Love her style and her confidence I’m 5’11 and have finally become comfortable with my high heels and I love it

28. KBS says:

She wears 6’6″ well.

29. 1tallchick says:

I LOVE HER!!! I’m 6’2 so I understand where she is coming from. Well done!!!

30. Hayyyy! Oakland Girls do it better! lol

31. ojo says:

This should be the poster child for fashion bombshells.

32. Hehe says:

With her height and looks she’s is quiet striking. I like her fashion. It must be incredibly hard to find attractive clothing at that height. Bombshell!

33. EatStylePlay says:

Ummm. The fact that she is able to find clothes at 6’6 is a amazing …that alone makes her a bombshell the fact that she is able to still find her own style. When i first saw the picture I was like Good Lord that girl is tall! Go girl! She has a new fan in me!

34. LC says:

She is amazing!

35. Nicki says:

I JUST HAD A MINI HEART ATTACK BEFORE I EVEN KNEW SHE WAS 6’6!!!!! BEAUTIFUL WOMAN…IM 5’10 AND I PROMISED MYSELF THAT THIS SPRING/SUMMER I WILL WEAR HEELS EVERY CHANCE I GET!!!!

36. Ebonylove says:

Amazing post! Going to check out her site. I’m 5’10 and loving the fact that she reps tall women well! <3

37. hahahaha says:

I LOVEEE.

38. FabEllis says:

Girl… You better go! Absolutely gorgeous. I love that you embrace who God created you to be.

39. Wow she is so tall, work it girl. Lovely pictures.

40. DIVA says:

FABULOUS !

41. lmonroedivine says:

LA face…..love her. And i totally know how to wear my navy blue and tan stripped skirt now.

42. Gorgeous woman, ok style. Should definitely look into modeling if she doesn’t already.

43. Empress says:

I’m 5’6″ and when I wear heels I feel tall. :(

I must say she is Fabulous and I loveeeeee her confidence!!!

44. TheMrs says:

I absolutely love her style, she should think about writing a book, I’m sure she has some very interesting insight and stories to tell about her journey. I’m only 5’2 and she’s inspired me, I’d definitely buy it! :-)

45. karma says:

I dont normally comment on the fashionbombers since I believe to each his own. However in your case I will, your style is just my cup of tea and its also a huge plus that you are a tall girl like myself. Off to check out your bloog. Tall girls represent!….lol

46. maureen says:

she is tall alright.i love her confidence and style