November 2nd, 2012
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Emilia from the Bronx

You guys were asking for edgier Bombshells. Well, take a look at Emilia from Bronx, New York:

She says, “I am a fashion designer and stylist of my company Eccentric-Love; www.Eccentric-Love.com.”

“I am 23-years-old and I would describe my style as being “Unique and Different”.”

“Its a mix up of Rocker, Bohemian…”

“… Vintage and Sexy.”

“I’m a vintage denim short junkie and my new love for snapbacks is an addiction.”

“Mixing prints, fabrics and colors…”

“… is how I establish my Eccentric look.”

“I dress based on my mood each day, my hairstyles are always a spur of the moment and I always carry my red lipstick!!!”

“I hope you all like my pictures.”

Your style is definitely eccentric! I love your braids, and applaud anyone with the courage to unapologetically march to the beat of their own fashion drum.
What do you think?

Posted In
122 comments

122 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Emilia from the Bronx”

1. Toni-Marie says:

Clearly were bored today!! LOL– No Words for this post

2. Autumn says:

I think it works for her and I admire her swag!

3. Mo_Sheri10 says:

I wonder how long it took to braid her hair….

4. Angela says:

I find her style refreshing.

5. tik says:

boderline tacky…but fashion can be lived on that line for some…

6. tahlyuh says:

Eccentric, but pieces in her outfit don’t complement each other. Eccentricity is not an excuse for not being polished and coherent.

Braids are dope.

7. Tele says:

claire, honey. just NO.

8. Kapri_h says:

I love the braids. If I were bold enough, I would rock them too. More power to her.

Bombshell because of her boldness.

9. GiGiDiva says:

Those braids are the bizness…..That is all…

10. Long red braids–yes! Werk hat—yes. Multiple appearances with camel toe—NO!

11. Shae says:

No, seriously is this a joke Claire??? smh

12. shant'e says:

I understand her obsession with snapbacks I’m obsessed with them too for some odd reason I’m extremely girl btw. but yeah I applaud her for being so confident and submitting her style you ladies are so harsh. lol

13. Nguyen says:

Good or bad, every Fashion Bombshell teaches me something. Thank you Claire for featuring Emilia and all the other bombshells. This is my all time favorite feature of your blog because I always expect the unexpected.

14. Sigh says:

Her style is not really my taste but she is bold and she owns it. I love her million dollar smile.

I like seeing submissions that don’t look like the submissions we see the majority of them time.

15. ashley says:

im feelin those red braids .. they worked for her

16. Nicki says:

I guess she loves her vag and wants us all to see why. I’m sorry, I hate the braids and all incarnations of her “hair”. I got my electricity back after Sandy’s devastation and was so happy! I logged on to my favorite website, and cameltoe and bad hair and wack style show up to greet me. Now I’m sad again.

17. NYKINDALOVE says:

searching……………………………………………..

18. KiKi says:

The red braids are awesome!

19. JNell says:

she is serving banjee girl couture realness.

20. girl says:

I like her braids too. Just not when she puts them in two big plaits. The first pic of her braids hanging down is gorgeous.

21. Mimi says:

A mess!

22. Ngami says:

She’s unique, she really does look happy! I think she’s too much awesomeness for you guys to handle… And don’t forget, you might be anonymous when leaving a horrible comment, but there’s always someone reading…. Je te trouve extraordinaire meuf!!!! Continue comme ça!

23. Just TaytA says:

Very unique! Not my type of style, but I’m happy to see something different.

*Flatline* I literally just choked because I was laughing so hard at all of the comments. I just can’t.

25. I gave her a Fashion Bomb vote because she knows what she’s doing. She could use a tweek here and there, but what’s holding her back is her budget. If she had more loot, she could fine tune. No worries sis, I am an old school B-girl from the Bronx, trust my style has improved and grown with age and larger discretionary income.

26. AmazinRee says:

People play toooooooo much!!!!

27. Lainea says:

Bless her heart……

28. Bre Bre says:

Lmaooooooooooooo. Azelia Banks called… she wants her swag back!

29. Izhause says:

That green hair did everything…my cardiac monitor pinged.

30. Blossom says:

…………….

31. mamareese says:

Ill say this and then Im tapping out on this one….cuz chile whoo. Fashion is a great way to express yourself….people can tell right when you walk up alot about who you are. BUT sometimes these choices are not flattering to your appearance (or anyone’s in this case). Sometimes you have to leave the shock clothing to the celebs who can say screw that Imma do me cuz Im rich B….and sometimes they look a fool too. Riri stay looking like she needs a hot bath….. But you as a young lady need to be mindful that sometimes it’s best to select clothing that is better suited to your body rather than your style. Hell…I’d like to wear lycra and spandex all day but Imma big girl and know Im not built for that….so I opt to go with something that will look stunning on me. Dial this look back sweet heart….wwwaaaayyy back. Kisses!

32. aynai Sy says:

I will give her credit for submitting her photos, which takes a lot courage. With that being said, I see she likes being an individual in her dress choices & I love that kind of personality. She just has to find a way to pull it together & make it work for her. It could be she’s on a budget too, I see some vintage pieces in her look. She is a small size so that should make finding some unique & nice thrift store items that compliment her a good process. My advice, everything is a learning experience learn from it and come back better. Don’t give up on taking chances.

33. mamareese says:

Agreed take all the risk in the world. But be real with yourself if you look crazy…then wear whats flattering to you and makes you look good. But if you like it hontey…..do you.

34. Kikelomo says:

How dreadful…

35. BougieHippie says:

As quirky as it is I love her hair choices.

36. Catelin says:

lol @COCO

37. KamKam says:

very nice smile!

I like that she is trendy in her own right.

38. Really ?????????!!!!!!!!!!

39. Laura says:

Just want to say for all of you non-new yorkers this is not how all people from the BX dress, but even with that being said, I like how she takes chances, that is fashion!

40. Really Really ………………

41. Danielle says:

I actually like the first and third picture. The first style looked like a really complete thought out look IMO. Idk hits but a lot of misses love.

42. ChrissyROC says:

The comments on here just made my day. I see where she’s going with her style. It’s not my style, but hey if she’s comfortable that way then who I’m I to judge ?

I can say that the braid look suits her better & gives her look a more polish look I guess ? I think it’s her hairstyles that make her look hotmess ish …

43. Kay says:

No baby girl why did you post this…? Lawwwwddddd why?!!!!!!

44. Nazsare says:

I love how you are YOU. The style is daring and you look like you enjoy mixing prints and patterns, you really make me miss my turquoise hair lol. Love the feature mama!

45. Nicki says:

One word: RATCHET

46. Nelli says:

braids are nice like everyone elses and she just looks like a typical young adult (20′s) when it comes to the fashion. everybody lookin the same.

and in the pic with the green hair she looks like she has a man face.. sorry but i had to say it

47. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Hmmm…this is definitely not edgy…smh..ON TO THE NEXT ONE >>>

48. Kisha says:

I was tempted to write something nasty and non constructive. But why put that negative energy out there? It’s not my taste and I will leave it at that.

49. Slay says:

lol she used to work at Levis with me!

50. lola says:

DEATH @ these comments. Y’all are too damn messy. I can’t.