September 2nd, 2009
Solange Knowles, Trend, What to Wear
Fall Fashion Preview: 5 Trends to Wear this Season

Hey!

So believe it or not lovelies, summer is over:( Pretty soon we’ll be trading in our sundresses and sunnies for blazers and boots. To make the transition easy for you, we’ve compiled the 5 hottest fall trends you’ll need to be fashionable this season.

1. Peplum Dresses

Peplum Dress Rihanna Estelle Nia Long

This skirted look mixes flirt with femininity, flattering most shapes in strapless or asymmetric styles. Rock a peplum piece in blue like Rihanna or Estelle, or go for a more subdued look a la Nia Long in black:

2. Extended Shoulders

Extended Shoulders Kim Kardashian Tracee Ross Kerry Washington

Whether it’s the 80′s effect or Balmain, shoulder pads have made a resurgence in a real way both on runways and real women. The power shoulder dominates this season, so update your blazers and dresses with these cute options:

3. Platform Heels

Platform Heels Lala Cassie Solange

This season we’re adding even more height to your traditional shoes in platform styles that sculpt the legs while making you look long and lean:

4. Layered Necklaces

Chunky-Necklaces

This falls calls for chunky neck pieces, brimming over with pearls, balls, and chains. Keep it funky like Adrienne Bailon, or go for more of a classic style like Sanaa:

5. Thigh High Boots

Thigh-High-Boots

Thigh High boots guarantee adequate protection against a fall chill, and are an unquestionably hot look. For this transitional time, wear your pair with a chic mini dress like Melody Thornton or Kim Kardashian, then move on to jeans and a cute top like Golden Brooks for cooler temps:

What trend are you looking forward to the most?

Source

11 Responses to “Fall Fashion Preview: 5 Trends to Wear this Season”

1. Jadakiss says:

THE EXTENDED SHOULDER!!! im saving dinero for the a blazer and a dress with the extended shoulder! so sexy and futuristic!!!

2. I am excited about the layered necklaces and high boots!!

3. Rick says:

Claire-
    Great entry! All the ladies look great in their different styles.

4. CeceSoChic says:

SO excited for big 80′s shoulders!! I thought they’d never come back in style…

5. Sincerely Me says:

Omg, the extended shoulder, platforms, and knee highs are a must have this fall for me!!

6. StarBaby says:

I’m short so platforms are a definate choice for me. Just got a new pair, peep toe suede in royal blue!!! Although some styles probably wont work for me. I have larger calves, so I dont think I can find any Thigh Highs.

7. beautifuldaidreamer says:

Yes @ thigh high boots! Thank you for including them. I’ve been looking for cute, affordable boots.

8. misspetite82 says:

I am lusting for a pair of thigh high boots I have seen so many cute pics for outfits for the fall..I am super ready

9. Kenyatta says:

I’m loving the thigh high boots for the fall. I can’t wait to get a pair!

10. esme says:

when is the 80′s revival in fashion going away? that linebacker shoulder thing is horrible.

11. tcarlton says:

Claire Im just now reading this but I loved this entry. Keep up al the great work.