April 8th, 2009
Beyonce, Celebrity Style, Style Verdict
Style Verdict: Suspenders? + Beyonce’s Dsquared2 Plaid Shirt

Leave it to Beyonce to kick off a trend!

When the songstress chose to wear a pair of suspenders to Pastis the other day, I got to thinking about the menswear inspired accessory:

beyonce-suspenders

Though she’s not the first Fashion Bombshell to rock the look:

suspenders-d-woods-ciara

alesha-renee-keke

I must say I like her take.
Will you be kicking off this trend in your town?

PS Looks to me like Bey may be wearing this $545 Dsquared2 shirt:

beyonce-dsquared-shirt

Too much? Go here to get her look for less.

9 Responses to “Style Verdict: Suspenders? + Beyonce’s Dsquared2 Plaid Shirt”

1. KEE says:

I LOVE THAT IDEA….THAT IS AN AWESOME WAY OF KEEPING YOUR PANTS UP BESIDES WEARING A BULKY BELT ALL OF THE TIME (ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE MORE HIPS AND BOOTY THAN BELLY)

Two words for Beyonce: Camel Toe. The jeans are too tight for this particular look, but I LOVE the shades! ;-p

3. tannie lee says:

Beyonce looks great in the outfit….i’m feeling her new casual style…..

but i don’t think she brought the suspender game back for women….i give Janelle Monae that credit….and she’s the one who has really reinvented the look to me….just my opinion.

4. LoudPen says:

I think the look is hot! I was unsure about the suspenders but the more I see this pic the more I love it!

5. Britt says:

It doesn’t look like she has a camel toe or it could be we I first saw the pic I wasn’t looking that hard too see that( come on people must we always say something negative). I agree her outfit is hot!! and I’ve been really loving her casual looks

6. Chaun says:

Yea, its cuet but i was rocking the suspender look like 2 years ago. and is it me or did Bey loose some wait?

7. Chaun says:

i mean weight…lol

If it onks like a pig, is pink like a pig…then it’s a pig. A camel toe is a camel toe. I’m not at all being negative nor am I overly analyzing the picture. It’s where the focal point is & it was what drew my attention. I’m SO terribly sorry that Beyonce has camel toe, LOL!

Oh wow, skinhead look exactly, much? Her outfit looks inspired by the guys in the movie “This Is England.”