October 17th, 2012
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Priscilla from Guadeloupe

Today we’re going to the Caribbean with Priscilla from Guadeloupe:

She types, “ I’m working in public relations and I’m from Guadeloupe in the Caribbean.”

“My style is trendy and classy inspired by Caribbean and Europe as I’m French.”

“…I love bright colors and also the chic elegance of European designers.”

” With my blog: indizblog.blogspot.fr I share my fashion ideas and favorite trends.”

“I really hope to be a Fashion Bombshell of the day!!!! ”

Cute! I like most of your looks. They’re simple and polished.
What do you think?

Posted In
99 comments

99 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Priscilla from Guadeloupe”

1. Kish says:

Cute…but nothing special

2. manya says:

YES! FASHION BOMBSHELL OF THE DAY
    ohhhhh, elle vient de chez moi , c’est géniaaallll
    She comes from my little island.
    Magnifique!!!! Je saute sur ton blog tout de suite ;-)

3. Sarah says:

She is very pretty…First dress & last dress even the outfit with the gold skirt very cute… The Peplum skirt paired with the necklace which you added a pop of color very nice!!

4. Sarah says:

Very pretty girl…. I love the first and the last pic the most!!!
    The peplum dress is really nice right on the money with that dress and
    clever to add a pop of color with the necklace. Yes i give you Fashion bomb and the reason why is because you look beautifully relaxed without overdoing! Kudos

5. MsA says:

Nice classic girly style, nothing exceptional. I know I’m not the only one who wants to tell this “French” woman to WAKE UP a la Lawrence Fishburne in “School Daze”. Those who feel me know why. If I missed somewhere that she was born in France, then I apologize.

6. KBS says:

First barefoot bombshell,no? I love it, good fit, and execution, great hair and skin. The black cut out dress is too cute and looks tailored. I would probably tuck the blue patent belt and shoes in the far back of the closet. Other than that, bombshell!

7. Sandra says:

Bonjour Claire,
    A French bombshell, you just made my day. I don’t like her style but it is nice to see her rep for the French girls out there. Cute girl but her style doesn’t inspire me.

8. Soul Touch says:

Very nice, she looks good. I will give her bomb status because her clothes compliment her figure and she gave each look individuality with pieces ie scarf, bright belt, etc.

9. KBS says:

@ MsA

“My style is trendy and classy inspired by Caribbean and Europe as I’m French.”

10. Just Me says:

I voted pretty but boring. Everything just looks normal and that’s not a criticism. I saw on her blog that she had a photo of you, Claire, while in Paris. Nice :)

11. MsA says:

@KBS I read that. I know ppl from Guadeloupe and a few other islands speak French. But that’s a language.

12. Kitana says:

@ MsA

Maybe she’s from one of those French ‘speaking’ islands, which doesn’t make you French, just as being born in America doesn’t make one English because we speak the language lol. I voted pretty but boring because she is absolutely a cutie pie. The fashion was very lack luster….

13. bebe says:

Thought she was cute and well put together.

14. Just Me says:

To the previous commenter, that questioned the bombshell’s heritage, Guadeloupe is an overseas region of France which is why Priscilla is considered to be French.

15. MsA says:

@Kitana exactly. Because then my Antiguan fam would claim to be English… But yes, she is gorgeous and has a nice girly style.

16. MsA says:

@Just Me ok thanks I’ll make a mental note.

17. QueenSafira says:

Cute, def. a bombshell but I agree with MsA.

18. Suri says:

@MsA you should educate yourself before attacking people for no reason. Guadeloupe, Martinique and French Guyana are called “departements d’Outre-Mer”, which means they are considered the same as Ile de France (Paris), Normandie, Corsica or Cote-d’Azur. French territories just like Hawaii is to the US.
    Guadeloupe is then a part of France.
    Haiti is independant, therefore NOT French . Guadeloupe is not.

19. kay says:

forget the outfit I wish i was there instead of the rotten apple nyc

20. Oookkk says:

Ya’ll reading into where she from instead of judging her fashion, and u petty a$$ females proceed to tell her what nationality she aint! SMDH at the so called classy females on this site. But if u post something dumb ima check u boo! stay on track!

21. KBS says:

Not to beat a dead Caribbean horse, but she said she is from Guad. and she is French. Isn’t French a language and France a country? Can I be Puerto Rican, from (born in) New York and simultaneously speak 4 languages. Anywho, she’s fly.

22. Kitana says:

@Just Me

Love a smart sister. Thanks for clearing that up!

23. Mo_Sheri10 says:

Cute girl, but her style is kinda boring.

24. Pretty and simple. Burn the blue belt, other than that she looks great.

25. Martinique_Fr says:

@ Suri… Well said … Merci pour cette leçon d’histoire et de géographie!
    Educate!!!

26. Amiata says:

I feel you Ms. A… I lived in France and grew up speaking French, but I knew I was Sierra Leonian. People kill me trying so desperately to deny their true African American roots. Slaves were taken from Africa and dropped off in the Caribbean and US… my grandmother told me “You can’t love the tree, but hate the root”. Embrace Africa, the motherland. I wonder if the french claim you?

27. tasha says:

Very pretty girl and I love the last look. Very chic

28. Check Please says:

@Amiata AMEN! I doubt that the French claim them LMAO To @okkkk, @Suri and everybody else flying off the handle, calm down its not that deep. I didn’t see where MsA or anyone attacked the young lady. Speaking for myself, I have never in my life heard of no damn Guadelope and I’m sure I’m not the only one. Thats no reason to cuss everyone out have some class. As for this young ladys fashion I’m not impressed. Pretty and boring. Bonne journée!

29. Loni says:

Are these comments serious?

She’s adorable with beautiful skin.

30. Just Me says:

@Kitana I hope I didn’t come across as a smarty pants :) Thanks girl!

31. TicaPica says:

errrm, the French Republic (what we commonly know as France) is made up of numerous territories, in Europe, the Americas, Africa etc (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:France-Constituent-Lands.png) Also, the Netherlands has the same situation of being made up of different territories in Europe and the Americas. So Guadaloupe IS France, obviously not part of the contiguous European territory of France, but you’re born in Guadaloupe, you ARE French, a citizen of France, you are an EU citizen…I mean, Guadaloupe is to France what any other department (sort of like a county) is to the country (along with other overseas departments like Reunion and Mayotte). The same with Tahiti in French Polynesia, which is also part of France, but an overseas region (sort of like a state) If you are born in Tahiti, you are French.

32. Soul Touch says:

Never heard of Guadeloupe???? okay.

@KBS…Well, Guadeloupe is part of France which is different from saying she is from a french speaking colony ie Haiti. So, if you are from France, you are French.

French? oh okay. If you say so.

34. Bajan Candy says:

Everything looks just okay; is okay enough to be considered a bombshell? Cute girl though…

35. TicaPica says:

@ Amiata, Check Please – to a certain degree the French (in Europe) claim the islands/lands and citizens of the overseas territories rather ardently. I know working in a geopolitical sector that in the case of Martinique and Tahiti that there have been strong efforts to gain greater autonomy from continental France to no avail, France doesn’t want to cede these territories or allow their citizens to be less French somehow (education, culture etc). France continues to lobby VERY STRONGLY in the EU so that citizens of these overseas territories are granted the same rights as other EU citizens, and in some cases certain additional concessions (i.e. for economic or development support). But this ‘claiming’ of French citizenship, I get the impression that from a cultural perspective, some of the French population are not even accommodating of French citizens born in continental France who are of North African or Asian ethnicity. (excuse my essay haha)

36. Mamareese says:

Ok are we all done with Social Studies/World History 101 yet……Moving on lovely young lady! Cute!

37. Kris says:

If she were dark skin with type 4z hair, no one would have questioned her “I’m French” statement…most of you would have said, “Oh cool so she was born in France.” LMAO.
    *marinate on that one*

38. Soul Touch says:

Guadeloupe is a part of (overseas) France, unlike places like Sierra Leone and Haiti that are french speaking but are independent of France. People from France are referred as the French. I don’t see how hard that is to understand.

I swear, people kill me. Ignorance is never cute. Stick to fashion.

39. ABUTTA says:

Cute style…just not feeling any her shoe choices.

40. Marsha says:

@ TicaPica Thank you for your response, it is one of my favorites in this thread. When I read Priscilla’s statement about being French I immediately wondered if the average white person in France would happily accept that statement or bristle at it, but technically Guadeloupe is a part of France. And thank you for mentioning that many in France don’t accept non-whites born in continental France as culturally French. Anyway! Priscilla, you are lovely.

It’s kinda pedestrian. I don’t feel like I see any French or Caribbean influences. I like the pop of the neon necklace on top of the grey peplum.

42. JJ says:

Very nice ma…very nice! Wowww she’s boring…? Yep…the fat girls definitely get a pass on this here site….

43. IMO says:

I like most of her looks…very nice, great fit, + beautiful girl. #Bombshell

44. AB983 says:

I love her style. It’s simple yet chic. I don’t know why everyone is making a big deal. If she says she’s French, then she’s French.

45. CA says:

She ain’t no French! she ain’t about that life!

46. s says:

@TicaPica, thank you for your explanation. @Marsha, I agree totally with your assessment. Why does the young lady’s statement that she’s French be put to question? I would assume she ought to know where she is from? LOL!

Boy, if it (whatever “it” may be) can be picked apart, people will find a way to do it I tell you.

Priscilla, I also agree you’re a lovely young lady and I think your outfits are simple yet chic. Really like the blog too!

47. jeda says:

I grew up in Guadeloupe! Claire you are doing it for me today, first a Haitian and Italian designer and now a bombshell from Guadeloupe??? I love!
    Blessings

geesh, yankies! Please do your research b4 u speak!