April 3rd, 2012
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Joy from New York

Today’s Bombshell is a street style blog fixture Joy Adaeze from New York:

She writes, “I am a Nigerian-American style blogger & fashion stylist living in Harlem.”

” I own JoyLovesFashion.com, a fashion blog which showcases my personal style.”

” I most recently ran a daily style blog on Essence.com called “Daily Style Chronicles”.”

“I would describe my style as fun, fearless and innovative.”

” I love color and unique pieces.”

” I love to mix prints.”

” I am a huge fan of vintage clothes & statement jewelry.”

“Fashion is about expressing your personal style. It’s about finding what works for you and going for it.”

” It’s about being inspired and feeling good about yourself all day, everyday!”

“I am a big fan of nail art and I get my nails done by celeb nail artist Naomi Yasuda. She is amazing!”

AfriPop.com is featuring 5 of my outfits for 5 days this week. I would love for you to check it out!”

Love your style Joy! It’s colorful, fun, and funky!
What do you think, are you feeling it?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 2-6 picture(s) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted may be featured on Facebook or Twitter. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game!

Posted In
119 comments

119 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Joy from New York”

1. iQgraphics says:

she’s got a “june” thing happening

2. Cam says:

Love the creativity! While it’s not my style per se, I definitely appreciate the ecclectic look here, there is some inspiration for me. Those pink and gold shoes are HOTT!

3. I love her look.. It is so fresh!

4. aj_wright says:

I believe that this is her personal style so I vote bombshell

5. ChasB says:

I agree, I definitely got a June vibe from her. I guess the turbans are responsible for that. I love her though! She’s got a funky yet fashionable style. She looks fun! Love!

6. Felicia says:

Luv it!!

7. y says:

Im really diggin’ her style, I am getting a June vibe from her for sure but I still like it.

8. Jennelaine says:

She does funky and unique the right way. All of her sunglasses are to die for! I love it!

9. Apple says:

I need that beige shirt that she is wearing with thw denim jacket. I really like her style.

10. mary says:

OOOOK THANK YOU CLAIRE. now this bitch is a bombshell. and i support that by saying i dont even like half of what shes wearing but she is WEARING it. this is what fashion is about i’ll be on her blog to see what she got going on over there. i kinda love her monkey glasses, although i myself wouldnt wear them YAAAS!

11. Eden says:

@iQgraphics. My thoughts exactly. She’s definitely a bombshell

12. mi manning says:

yup!!! (she soes remind me of June though!)

13. Michellekk07 says:

I love it all, and the confidence to go with it.

14. Eb says:

I love that she’s fearless and takes style risks. She seems like she wears her ensembles with confidence. Not my style but she’s a bombshell nonetheless!

15. gina says:

amazing style!!!!! and I’m sorry but her body type in the first photo reminds me of miss jay of ANTM

16. Diamond says:

Gorgeous! While not my style, I am loving this. Her creativity and versatility shines through; she definitely has a voice and a point of view when it comes to fashion. Girl, you’ve got it going on! Certified Bombshell

17. Style4Curves says:

FEARLESS I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE HER!

18. whatevs says:

I luv that you can tell she loves fashion and fearless with out being foolish…she owns every bit of it…

19. Dobe says:

Love Joy! A lot of look going on, but she owns it all!

20. Grace Anne says:

Can I say I LOVE the eyewear, the blue printed pants too! I am dying over it. I love her pieces – she has a great eye for beautiful unique pieces.

Not my style, but I LOVE the self expression. I love her confidence. I love her complexion and the way the color bounces off of her. Beautiful smile, beautiful poses, amazing photography and just an all-around GREAT Bombshell…

My one critique. Her hair. The length works on her, but I would love to see her in a more natural softer look. (sorry I’m a self-proclaimed-hair-guru).

21. Mili says:

omg Joy, your looks just scream fun and well thought out at the same time

well done.

22. Loves it! She is wearing every outfit to death. The sunnies are bomb and so is the confidence. Work!

23. whatevs says:

the pink sunglasses and green scarf are making my little AKA heart beat fast…

24. Melissa says:

This works 4 her, not my taste I feel less is more … My only issue is that its not wearable ,june ambrose is fab and her style is more real ,joys style is great if you r going 2 a fashion show

25. whitney says:

this is what she should’ve said , “I would describe my style as fun, fearless and June Ambrose.”

26. Nigel Isaiah says:

Ahhh! I love Joy’s style! It’s so unique and really works on her #BloggerLove

27. Breezy says:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO… Joy and you guys are REACHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG comparing her to June Ambrose. Because that is what she is trying to give and she is NOT SERVING for the fashion Gods. First of all, you cannot mix 5 different PATTERNS & TEXTURES. The difference between STYLE and FASHION is QUALITY. Maybe she’s a “FASHIONISTA” but clearly she lacks true style. Throwing on endless pieces you picked up at the Thrift Sto’ don’t make you a stylist. I’m not saying she can’t dress… but ya’ll are reaching. Don’t compare her to June just because she brown skin and wears turbans. I’m done with ya’ll for the week LMAOOOO

28. The Antifash says:

Pow! Just gave me everything with those frames.

The one thing I will say is being in this industry you hear about the folk at fashion week that pile and pile and pile stuff on to get photographed…Some of her looks scream “Take my picture, I have on everything and the kitchen sink” but I can see past the layers and she seems to have great personal style. We all can be reminded of Gabrielle’s rule to always take off one accessory before leaving the house (some of us can stand a take off a few).

Overall I really dig this bombshell, and would like to see more chica’s with true personal style featured.

29. she is sooooooo extra…i love it.. it works !!!!

30. Dom says:

Really love that denim jacket and peplum skirt look! The rest is a bit much going on, but at least she looks like she’s having fun!

31. Shanise says:

Very fun style!

32. Erica B. says:

I like her looks! The turbans and sunnies remind me of Marian Kihogo.

33. Kitana says:

Yes! A bombshell with range is all we ask!

34. mrzmuck says:

shes a bomb shell!!!

35. E says:

Bomb(.)com Eclectic, experimental but it a great way. Thumbs up!

36. Stylish She says:

I live…. Her style is a-mah-zing! I love that it doesn’t look forced. BOMBSHELL!

37. BlkRose says:

I’ve seen this young lady in person twice, and it’s a big miss or hit for her. Sometimes she walks out the house looking like a crazy bag lady or she’ll rock some pretty interesting pieces. I’M SORRY, SHE’S TOO ALL OVER THE PLACE AT TIMES TO BE A FASHION BOMB. Sometimes she just looks messy.

38. Brittany says:

I like her style. It isn’t my style, but she has great individual pieces that I could see myself in. Although she could have better hair, she is working it otherwise.

39. dyshaun says:

Cute. I’d like to raid her closet.

40. BlkRose says:

and please take off those turbins.They don’t look good on Ms. Ambrose, so imagine how they make you look.

41. WendyB says:

Amazing collection of sunglasses!

42. TrishaRenee says:

Love the creativity and colors but I do believe that less is more and shenis giving me accessory overload especially in thenlast pic.

43. V says:

i think she dresses to be photographed. and that’s fine cause that’s her life.

44. Sandra says:

That is a bombshell. She got it going on.

45. Move over June Bug! lol
    Love her style! Love those pants and shades!

46. cocoa says:

she’s fly. that denim jacket/tutu, j’adore! also a sucker for the polka dot pants. but how is it that so many women are professional style bloggers? she seems legit i guess & i know claire & them are doing it big but is it really a profession for so many? i realize its more likely to come across pro fash stylist/bloggers on a fashion blog lol but still…am i trippin? i don’t think i actually know anyone who does it full-time

47. LA says:

Yep all day

48. ari says:

not my cup of tea but she definitely has swag… I say she’s a bombshell

49. like_really_ray says:

I felt most of her looks, a few didn’t work but overall Bombshell. She made me smile in her retro looks & for that I *heart* her.

50. Justsayin says:

A+++++.No words. love her uniqueness.