July 27th, 2010
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day : Reiko from Houston

Today’s Bombshell is Reiko from Houston:

She says, “I have a style blog, God’s Favorite Shoes, that allows me to share with others what works for me. I’ve picked up the thrifting bug over the years and find it more rewarding than going to the mall.”

“…I’m an English Teacher and my single goal in life is to not be that teacher who rocks sweaters with apples on them or Crocs. Can’t do it. Not me. Never! I am that teacher who rocks heels to work everyday and kimonos as jackets. It gives my students something to talk about!”

“I can’t really say my style can be described in one term. Since I’m a teacher, I’ll use adjectives: funky, bold, vintage, fun and changing. I don’t always get it right, but it will never be from the lack of trying. Every girl needs a great shoe, large clutch and at least a pair of hoop earrings.”

What a cute style, and a great attitude! I totally cosign the anti-Croc policy.

What do you guys think of Reiko’s style?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature that showcases the singular style and flair of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and your Fashion Bombshell of the Day Picture(s) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com.

Posted In
45 comments

45 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day : Reiko from Houston”

1. lola says:

Love that kimono dress.. love all the color!
    One critique: I know where you’re going w the look I’m not loving the nova-check bc the print is too big and a little too masculine for her. But the blue does look fab on you

2. Crystal says:

i think shes adorable

3. jessica bats says:

love it love it love it ….her style is the breath of fresh air I needed…..this proves u dont have to be a size 2 to have style!

4. Sharian R Jones says:

Love her style!!!!

5. Tommorrow says:

I love her style. I read her blog as well. I am glad you featured her. She is great :)

6. lovesfashion says:

loves her!!!

7. The dresses are too cute. And I love that she’s in to thrifting, my find of girl!

8. ijb says:

i’m a follower of her blog and love her style…i consider myself an avid thrifter, but reiko has me beat!

9. She has a great sense of style, love the colors and she knows how to compliment her frame, very good choice Claire!

10. sun.kissed says:

She definitely has style. Cute dresses.

11. HeyGirlHey says:

I too am an English teacher in Houston. I am impressed with Reiko’s ability to display her personal style at work , especially with those heels! My “weekend clothes” have been blessed by the fashion gods, but my fashion while teaching consists of Pumas and college t-shirt. Reiko you’re a style inspiration to all English teachers in Houston. I know when I go to a professional development I better show up on point!

12. Ari says:

I’m not a fan………….

13. Kapri_H says:

I like everything except the kimono! :o)

14. Ambrose says:

LOVES it!!!

15. Dinka Don says:

Her style really works on her!!

16. Tamika says:

LOVE IT!!!
    Very fashionable and i love that she finds the right fit for her size!

17. CoCo says:

I’m feeling her SWAG —

18. mikele says:

I think she looks great and exudes confidence. That’s the most stylish thing you can wear! #shoutout Reiko for being a teacher! (love that!)

19. Dee O. says:

I love her orange & blue dress (the last look in the picture grid thing), the print reminds me of the ankara prints I rock to my naija events and just out & about lol. Overall very nice sense of style & very nice blog!

20. esme says:

i’ve been a follower of her blog and i think she has a fascinating way of putting clothes together. and she really understands the concept of wearing clothing that compliments her body. and i absolutely love the “tribal” dress she’s wearing in the right hand corner.

21. Kimmoy says:

YESSS!!!! Love every single outfit and all the bright colors and prints. She looks fabulous, so inspiring. I’ll definitely be checking out her blog…

22. kee says:

She just inspired me to hit the thrift stores as soon as I get off.

23. Moni says:

That’s my girl Reiko from GFS! She is fierce! If you haven’t read her blog, you should have it bookmarked. She’s funny and has great style.

Go Reiko! : ) Happy to see you on Fashion Bomb!

24. Tifani says:

Great style!!!!!

25. Velvet says:

I am lovin and feelin it. Go’on den, witcho curvy self! :)

26. juanette says:

I adore her style, she is awesome!

27. Miss Moon says:

Wow I really am diggin’ her style!!! I don’t thrift shop often.. I have a feeling I’m going to have to hit Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn this weekend!! LOL

28. stefanie says:

I love her kimono and her shoes. I’ll call her intellectual chic (because she is an English teacher). It sounded good in my head!!!

29. Brittany says:

Reiko is awesome!

She stays in her lane. There is not much here. Is there a lower bar for “thicker” girls?

31. I love her style. She is not afraid to go outside the box. A black woman in a kimono! That is cool. She’s not just representing Afro-centric style but all ethnic styles that she likes. Way to go!

32. Thank you for all the kind words.

I love that style is about one’s personality. Everyone has their own.

It was a blast being featured! Thank you again Claire for the shout out!

33. Jen says:

FINALLY!!!! NOw this is a lady that has STYLE, GRACE and Panache… love every outfit… great choice

34. TAKARA says:

I LOVE HER SHE IS SO CUTE…..

35. javal says:

she wouldnt know a real kimono if Yao Ming himself sent it to her……great look sis I guess ……..

36. Mrs Coleman says:

Hello, I have enjoyed reading the literature on today’s fashions on your blog page very nice and the blog postings are wonderful and Interesting vary sound Information on fashions. I did enjoy the other wonderful topics and comments of others as well I will be returning soon to read more of your interesting new post soon to come I hope, Just what I like in a blog “GREAT WORK” and Thanks.

37. selective words says:

I love the way you put all the pics on the front page!! thanks

38. just askin says:

LOVE your style. and I love the fact that you arent affraid to fail!

a+ for you!

39. Alissa says:

Yes, Reiko is super fly and so is her blog.

40. Joy says:

I love this entry! Very diverse sense of style!

41. Brooklyn lady says:

5 Stars Reiko! This is a CLEAR example of a woman that isn’t your “small, dainty girl” and PULLS IT OFF! So fullfigured wannabe bombs stop complaining about the commentors getting on you because you are not a thin/small female. No, you just had NO FLAIR! SHe looks fabulous! *round of applause*

42. Daisy says:

She pulls her looks off very well. You deserve an A!

43. hellifiknow says:

you are the only one i’ve seen on this site yet with a sense of personal style. kudos to you, and I absolutely agree with brooklyn lady above! @javal: guess you wouldn’t know a kimono if yao ming sent you one – because he would not. kimonos are a japanese garment. yao ming is chinese. (love when folks try to snap and have their info wrong)

44. Tracey says:

“guess you wouldn’t know a kimono if yao ming sent you one – because he would not. kimonos are a japanese garment. yao ming is chinese. ”
    haha! Love it and I’m loving this style!