February 26th, 2010
Bethann Hardison, Fashion News, Vogue
Bethann Hardison Named Editor-at-Large of Vogue Black

So the Vogue Black news keeps on rolling in!

Essence.com reports that Bethann Hardison, leader of the “Absence of Color” talks of yore, will be named Editor-at-Large of new Italian Vogue launch, Vogue Black:

OK, this project is clearly gaining momentum. Ehem, where can I submit my application?!?

Seriously dudes. This is epic, historic, and groundbreaking. Isn’t it?

Read more at Essence.com here.

*Thanks Christina!

Posted In
7 comments

7 Responses to “Bethann Hardison Named Editor-at-Large of Vogue Black”

1. Beelle says:

Honestly when I heard about Vogue black I thought it was just a gimmick but they are dead serious and I’m impressed. This is really monumental and I hope that it continues to develop!!

2. Danielle says:

WOW–this is major! Bethaan Hardison? And our girl Afrobella killing it with the beauty posts?

I can only wish this will soon come in print as well :)

3. Alicia R. says:

I have mixed feelings about this, on the one hand I think it’s FANTASTIC! The fact that such a major magazine is showcasing the many black celebrities, models etc. that are fierce out there along with a few tip here and there. On the other hand, why can’t Vouge Italia just incorporate more blacks, and more articles that foucus on black women in the monthly issues? I feel like this is like a back handed compliment in a way. Almost sounds like they’re saying now that there will be a high fashion magazine for blacks, we can’t complain about the lack of diversity in fashion mags. Why does there always have to be something seperate for blacks? This is just another way of segregating people, we need to include everyone in the mix. Are they going to be launching a Vogue Asian, Hispanic etc.? I don’t wanna sound like I’m dissin Vogue cuz I still read the mag, and while I do appreciate the efforts I can’t help but wonder if this is really as good as it seems?

4. Taylor says:

I have mixed feelings as well. I am happy to have this kind of space in the fashion world. BUT. This reeks of separate-but-equal? What would Thurgood Marshall say….lol

5. [...] (in which she quoted ME! In Rachel Zoe’s words, I die!) And also, the announcement that the legendary Bethann Hardison is now the editor-at-large of Vogue Black quieted some [...]

6. brooks baby says:

CONGRATULATIONS TO BETHANN HARDISON…!!! U ROCK!!!….IT’S ABOUT TIME….!

7. lacbac says:

what’s legendary about this ignorant ugly black bitch?
    tell us.