July 6th, 2012
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bomber of the Day: Tyquan from New Jersey

It is a slow….day here on The Fashion Bomb, but hopefully today’s Bomber Tyquan from New Jersey will help stimulate our stylish senses!

He says, “How do I explain my style?”

” Always changing.”

“I’m a fashion student at the Art Institute of Philadelphia.”

“Clothes play a big part of my life.”

” Getting dressed is the most important & my favorite part of the day.”

” Fashion is my escape from my small, [crime filled] city.”

“I love to play around with colors…”

“…Putting colors that you wouldnt normally see together, together!”

“I get looked at like I have three heads sometimes, but I can care less what people think.”

“… I’m known as the Maniak Manikin, the name says it all.”

Ah! This is the welcome jolt of fashion I needed today! Tyquan, I love your use of color, your singular accessories, and you overall look! Love!
Do you?

Fashion Bomber of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of male Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 2-6 picture(s) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted may be featured on Facebook or Twitter. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game!

51 Responses to “Fashion Bomber of the Day: Tyquan from New Jersey”

1. Ms.Missy says:

I mean his style is his style….however, those socks/tights.. w/those jesus sandals, gave me the beat laugh of the a.m.

2. Camilla says:

Our Father, who art in Heaven….. I refuse…….I cannot….I will not… Jesus be a compass and guide this child to the light.

I am all for being different and personal style…but this right here…..is not Fashion. He looks like he is playing dress up and trying to make some sort of “statement”. I can’t take him serious….at all..

3. Deedee says:

OMG… This is not fashion. Just checked the date, to make sure it wasn’t April fool.

4. jme says:

You have made me smile today, sir! Very nice and fun looks. You are giving major ‘Strangé’ in your blue, hooded jacket (see: Grace Jones in Boomerang. lol)

5. medschool says:

I made the mistake though of recently looking at Dulleh from Hague submission. That man set the bar so high its unfair to other bombers but Tyquan tried. Bless his heart.

6. Nala says:

I voted Bomb!!!!

7. African Mami says:

I like his use of colors!

8. Kimiko says:

He looks great, he has a vast knowledge on color, cute, fit etc! why are we putting him down when he’s just being him? I love it!!

9. Brandon says:

Hmmmm this is tough……….I pretty much dig most of his looks except for the color blocked outfit with the pink shorts and socks. Though I would not wear some of these looks myself. He pulls them off with confidence.

10. OMG!!! Claire I know you got a big ole chuckle from this one. Dude!!! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? The red sock, that some crack head creation. Try again brother…

11. endESQ says:

That Cobalt Blue coat is EVERYTHING.

12. Gray says:

He likes it, I love it. But I will say that Blue Coat is MEAN!

13. Jai says:

I must say that I love his style but the socks and sandals i just can’t get in to. But I will say, I can appreciate the creativity and originality of his style…NICCCCCEEEEE.

14. Ash says:

You better give me Strangé!!! hehe :)
    All of your looks are fun,editorial and gives off majarr personality.I can tell it takes you serious time to put these looks together. Voted bomb.

15. Hello says:

I voted some hits some misses because quite a few of his looks were really cute and showcased his style however there were some definite misses the boots, the fringe jacket and those sandals with the thick a$$ socks smh

16. Reese says:

I love personal style risk takers. Do ur thang boo. You can tell he is still discovering his style. Have fun with it.

17. jeda says:

Lets start with the things I love. I love that blue jacket, so chic. And I also like the first 2 outfits. But never….ever do socks with sandals….that has never, and will never be cute.
    Blessings

18. Elle C says:

I like most of his looks. That blue hooded coat is mean and I really loved the last look with the yellow coat…nice

19. LawyerChic says:

If only the socks and sandals were left out. I’m not fond of the trend when ladies do it either.

20. Nicole says:

That is South Jersey style! Cornfields and dairy farms.

21. Indigo says:

He looks like you can’t tell him a GD thang! LOL

22. Izhause says:

He’s cute I love his style , he’s fun.

23. Lani says:

He’s having fun and embracing who he is and I voted bomb for that reason!

Let me just settle comfortably into this post *grabs popcorn*

25. Ummmm… there were a couple pieces that I enjoyed, but…

26. TeeSoFab says:

Im sure he turn heads, good or bad I like his originality & efforts to try to standout..do u boo-boo

27. MissD says:

I like everything but those colorful socks with the open toe shoes eww!

28. AzizMom says:

Ya’ll see Strange? I saw Morpheus in a royal blue coat. Welcome to the Matrix – red or blue pill eh?

29. Lainea says:

Hits and misses. Those pink socks and sandals though…..

30. D says:

…. got just as much of a chuckle from you bloggers as I did from those da*n pink socks!!

31. Allie says:

It’s different. I like it. And I like that he doesn’t care what folks think.

32. lola says:

imma just comfortably settle into this post because dis gun be guuuuud
    *chews popcorn*

33. Miss Smith says:

I just skipped through all of the comments because I know that they majority of them probably aren’t giving you your due. I adore your style. Please keep expressing your style love.

34. ok says:

i voted bomb!!!

i liked every look except for the pink socks and gladiator sandals, at first i thought that was a shoe that was designed liked that and then i saw the second picture with the sandals again and i realized this ninja is wearing pink socks with gladiator sandals!! i hate the pink socks but i love the idea, i think it worked wonderfully in the second look with the red socks.

you’ve got great individual pieces that work great in sets, you use color/texture very well and you’re confidence level…is through the roof!!!

i love it, you’re like a young andre 3k!!!

keep doing your thing little buddy!!!

35. KayGee Rox says:

Ok this is just too weird…

36. BougieHippie says:

I’m sure the ppl dissing his style wear TJ Maxx, H&M and Forever21 out and wear tights as bottoms.

37. ManiakManikan says:

Follow me on twitter fashion followers & fashionistas !!!! @ManiakManikan

38. mi manning says:

Surprisingly, I think he’s sharp! very different and BOLD as hell!

39. Hits and misses, but he definitely has style. The blue coat and yellow blazer are bomb! This is how you wear a woman’s piece and still look masculine–take note!

40. Shana says:

I totally can appreciate individual style and being true to you. HOWEVER, I can not and will not get down with those Nike gladiator sandals.

41. lola says:

I died at the pink socks and Middle Eastern sandals. *lowers casket* RIP!!!

42. Roman says:

Love the Outfits, shows different looks that you wouldn’t find anywhere else because its original, those who don’t understand simply are the ones who are probably still dressing straight off a mannequin lol. Do you !!! Your one hot commodity ! #ManikinNJ

43. jillibooboo says:

he looks like a character from a scripted life (a comdey) i’d very much like to live.

44. tt says:

medschool said it all. Dulleh from Hague is the truth! future fashion bombers will indeed need to come harder. now, tyquan’s style is just too costumey. i only liked the 2nd look. the rest… :\

45. niecy says:

nice color blocking but why the socks and sandals?! – colored too

46. KBS says:

Is that a Backgammon briefcase????

47. Nakia P says:

I voted bomb because he really looks put together, however he is reminding me soo much of Tommy Davidson. I’m assuming from his comments that he’s from Camden, will be nice to see some fashions from a local guy in the future.

48. Cherrie says:

Why did i bust out laughing when I saw the black sandals with the red socks?! Lol…messy. I honestly do admire him for his style though.

49. CA says:

Lawd have mercy! Kelly Clarkson, Eddie Murphy!

50. stephen dailey says:

hang on, wait a minute! I’m a tailored pattern cutter in women’s wear (pattern maker in US) back home in England, that coat and jacket he’s wearing, aren’t they for women?????