May 11th, 2010
Fashion Bombshell of the Day, Plus Sized
Fashion Bombshell of the Day : Alissa from Brooklyn

Hey Guys!
Kicking off this week’s Bombshell goodness is Alissa from Brooklyn, NY!

She says, “When it comes to my style, there are two things I embrace everyday: my curvy plus size body and my dark skinned complexion. I love taking conservative pieces and mixing them with funky pieces. I live for big gaudy earrings and necklaces and I love mixing colors.”

“…I almost never leave home without a belt around my waist and you can catch me in 3 inch heels or higher. As a plus size curvy girl I think it’s important to know your body type and to appreciate it.”

“… When shopping, I try everything on even if it is not my size. I am in tune with my body and I know what will fit and what won’t. My favorite stores are Michael Kors, Donna Karan, ASOS, Banana Republic, Dorothy Perkins, Ann Taylor Loft, Evans, Faith 21, Torrid, and Fashion To Figure.”

“… Some people may say my style is a bit conservative, but, I like to say it’s classic chic. I am all for edgy looks, but, to me nothing beats classic style.”
I love your classic style and your adept use of colors! Turns out Alissa also writes a blog for plus size curvy girls called Stylish Curves at www.stylishcurves.blogspot.com. Check her out! Until then, what do you think of her style?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature that showcases the singular style and flair of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and your Fashion Bombshell of the Day Picture to thefashionbomb@gmail.com.

23 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day : Alissa from Brooklyn”

1. AD says:

Beautiful girl with great style!!! :)

2. Shanitahz says:

A-lista (Alissa..LOL) I LOVE your style!!!! I really do. I’m a size 12, 5’8″ so I’m a tall curvy girl myself and I love every bit of me! Your combo of conservative w/ funky is right up my alley…so thanks for the inspiration mama! PS…you betta WERQ!!!!!

3. TiP says:

Love the blue and black dress! Checked out her blog and I love it too! This curvy girl will be making it a regular on my daily blog rounds!

4. I love this girls style! All her outfits are fierce!

I love her style. She knows how to mix & match & I like that you see her versatility between work & weekend attire. I can’t even pick a fave look b/c they are all a thumbs up for me. This is definitely what I call a Fashion Bombshell! Work it girl!

6. Love it. Alissa is super F-L-Y

7. Ambrose says:

LOVES IT!!!

8. Dobe says:

Nice!

9. SimplyMe says:

*two thumbs up* Such a cutie, my inspiration for the week!!! I’ll be belting my dress tomorrow. lol

10. asha says:

i’m really happy that alissa was today’s bombshell. i started following her blog a little while ago and i love her style. my favorite look is the one with the white blazer and the animal print leggings.

11. Avid Accents says:

very nice dress. i like your style girl.

check out my DIY fashion on my blog when you get a chance

HOT!

13. Alissa says:

Thanks everyone for all your nice comments and remember to always embrace your curves.

14. Was reading your post and had to tell you how awesome you look! Love your outfits!

15. LoudPen says:

Alissa, girl you’ve got some serious style! And I love the reference to classic chic b/c my style is exactly the same. Sometimes, you have to keep it simple instead of chasing the latest trends.

16. Kee-nah-ree says:

Alissa you are FAB! And it’s time for the WORLD to see it. Work it Girl! All your styles are to die for, It’s time for us to go shopping.

17. Fashionably Late says:

Amazing style! She looks great.

18. Dee says:

HOTTTTTT, looking good girl!

19. esme says:

not my cup of tea. nice shoes in the first pic though.

20. Treasure says:

Haute!

21. EclecticJam says:

I LOVE it. inspires me!! and she reminds me of a friend im surely checkin out the clog. great pick!!

22. Anonymous Girl says:

Nice accessories but the belted waist just adds bulk to her hips and midsection.

23. Miss KS says:

Her style is phenomenal. *I hope I spelled that right :) I love reading her blog. It is daily favorite. She puts curvy women with style on the map in a great way.