Yesterday, I had the distinct honor of speaking to FIT’s Black Retail Action Group (B.R.A.G for short).
It was a full house!
Aside from recounting my background, I also offered 5 tips:
1. Be persistent and consistent
2. Pay your dues/accumulate great experiences
3. If something doesn’t work, try something new! The definition of insanity is to try the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.
4. Banish fear/follow your heart. Don’t make excuses
5. Watch the company you keep.
Perhaps I’ll write a book one day expounding on each point. But for now, I’m just speaking on it.
For the occasion, I decided to go for a bit of a Clueless vibe in a plaid Dries van Noten jacket over a Robert Rodriguez shirt and Zara pleated faux leather skirt.
Someone asked if I could show how I repurpose items in my closet. I first wore the Dries jacket with black jeans and Louboutin pumps at fashion week.
Which way was better?
At any rate, it’s always fun to share of my time, and I met a lot of students who might be Fashion Bomb interns sooner than later!
Karl Pierre took a bunch more flix. If you want to see ‘em, be sure to check out TheBombLife.com (I’ll try upload them before the end of the day).
Many thanks to the students at BRAG for having me. And be sure to stay in touch (and tag me in all those selfies we took!).
Images: Karl Pierre
10 Responses to “Claire’s Life: Speaking to Fashion Institute of Technology’s Black Retail Action Group”
Leave a Reply
Popular Posts This Week
blog advertising is good for you