December 3rd, 2012
Claire's Life, New York, Real Style, Style Diary
Real Style: Daisy Lewellyn’s Brooklyn Brunch Series at Vodou in Bed Stuy

Happy Monday Bombshells!
Yesterday I had the sincere pleasure of attending yet another of Daisy Lewellyn’s fabulous Brooklyn brunches. Every month, Daisy invites a host of her industry insiders and friends to fellowship, eat, and chat at a BK hot spot!

This month’s rendez-vous was at Vodou, a cozy café at 95 Halsey Street in Bed Stuy. Daisy’s friends always show up and show out, so I brought Fashion Bomb photographer Marta McAdams along to capture the moment:

Celebrity hairstylist Nicola Augustine opted for bold red in a Calvin Klein dress and patterned Wolford wilderness tights. She’s actually holding a holiday hair extension and wig trunk show next Sunday; visit her website www.nicolaaugustinehair.com for more details!

Fashion Bomb reader Amber looked comfy in a Forever 21 faux fur vest and Vince Camuto heels.

Publicist Theo Perry looked absolutely dapper in a Burberry button down and bowtie.

Theressa skewed smart in a colorblock sleeveless sheath from New York & Co.

I appreciated George’s velvet blazer and printed tee.

Makeup artist Camara Aunique Helps embraced a rocker chic vibe in a studded Forever 21 jacket and cap toe booties.

Photographer Rayon Richards posed in a pair of Cassius glasses I must have!!

Publicist Tunisia Wilson exuded cool in a leather sleeve jacket, red lips, and Ray Ban sunnies.

I loved this young man’s Comme des Garcons Play emblem button down, playful cardigan, and red sneakers.

Stylist Weyni Elder looked saucy in a Torn by Ronny Kobo Floral Pointelle Dress, a chunky Versace necklace, and Charlotte Olympia Lucinda booties. Not pictured: her fly mirrored gold Proenza Schouler PS11!

I was a fan of this fly guy’s cool glasses and earth tones.

And stylist Lolita bet on all black, incorporating textures like leather along with mongolian fur (I loved her DVF vest!)

After taking pix of the fashionable crowd, I posed with the hostess with the mostess, Daisy herself, who looked vibrant in a Rachel Roy sculpted sheath dress (love!).

As for me, I took inspiration from our What to Wear to Fashion Week post, and rocked an Emma Cook Printed Geogette Blouse I snagged on Cyber Monday, along with a Milly leather skirt (first worn here), and Valentino zebra rockstuds (first worn here).

You might notice my hair is a little brighter! Yes, I went platinum, with the help of Sammy at Noel New York. To bless the season, I applied a bit of dark lipstick. I love Cyber by MAC!

It was a fun time!

What did you think of Real Style at #BKBS?
Photos by Marta McAdams.

58 Responses to “Real Style: Daisy Lewellyn’s Brooklyn Brunch Series at Vodou in Bed Stuy”

1. the platinum looks positively perfect on you! ummm, can i get an invite next time :-)

2. Roni says:

Claire,

You look fab! I love the look from head to toe!

3. Myssdee says:

A touch of class

4. Alex says:

Claire that platinum looks so good on you!! My locs will stay black for now I canNOT decide on a good color.

5. CA says:

WTH Claire?!! No invite again! We are no longer friends!…call me :)

6. yes maam claire darling u look amaze balls whew!!!!! i am loving that jacket on Tunisia Wilson!!!!!!

7. Asia Monet says:

Claire one word.. Fabulousness!!!

8. Everyone looks great! I like your new style, but I prefer the darker blonde on you. Either way, you’re workin’ it.

9. Martinique_Fr says:

Claire, you look great… loving the platinum locs on you.

10. Loni says:

Claire #GETCHOLIFE u look too amazing! I love the platinum and the lashes and the face is beat and you got me gagging honey. Girl gon’ somewhere

11. JParris says:

I love the colors on Rayon Richards!

12. HarlemVanity says:

Great Pics!
    Claire u r Gorg! luv ur look.
    I love networking brunches, I think I should actually start attending some.

13. Pari says:

You look great, Claire! I love everything about this! Your outfit, hair, and makeup are all fabulous.

14. Crystal says:

Claire, the makeup is fabulous! The guy in the specs is giving me a nice vibe.

15. Faith says:

Yes Claire!!! Loving your look. Also digging Tunisia’s leather sleeve coat. hot!

16. Kitty B. says:

Loooooooooooooooooove Vodou, recently celebrated a friends bday there :)

Love the look Claire, your giving me some courage to change my hair color FYI….

17. Miss Fancy says:

Who designs Lolita’s boots. They are definitely the business.

18. Khloe says:

That sure is a Brooklyn hot spot since in the summer it feels like a sauna in there since they have no AC! Everyone looks amazing though

19. Joanne_ says:

love the new color Claire! everyone looked fab!

20. Brandon says:

You look absolutely FABULOUS Claire!

21. yusufswifee says:

claire the platium is fab – i die. and look at you pulling off that cyber. Yummy!

22. Keesh says:

you look amazing Clarie!

23. Dom says:

Camara takes it from head to toe. I appreciate all the casual dapperness the guys were giving too.

24. SHA says:

Claire you are ubbber fabulously fly! Love your look and would give up a niece or nephew and possibly my cat for your legs. OMG! I have little chicken legs!! LOL!!! Everything was perfection from head to toe.

25. Chaboogie says:

I love George’s shoes!!

26. Brenda says:

Claire, you look amazing.

27. Taj says:

Claire you looked beautiful and I love Tunisia’s look.

28. loverly says:

Small world. Rayon grew his hair out again, I like it. Everyone looks great.

29. bebe says:

I preferred the boys’ looks in this post, very dapper indeed. Claire, the platinum blonde is real cute.

30. Kahalia says:

Claire, you face is beat. How you did that lipstick I do not know, but you did and KILT it. lol Please give a word on how to go that dark.

31. manihatethosekids says:

you looked your best i love the look! best everrr

32. Kris says:

A whole bunch of stylish folks. I love it! And Claire you are stunning!

33. peplum lover says:

You look cute – love the berry lipstick- your hair and the leather skirt :)

34. Nikkibellaray says:

Claire you are beautiful, the hair color looks amazing on you!

35. Jennifer says:

Guy with no name {earth tones & colorblocked kicks} is flyyyy.

36. Marvelous says:

Truly a beautiful thing seeing so many classy, fashionable people in one location! I enjoyed all the pictures especially the men representing!!

37. hotmama says:

Claire, you look a hot mess. You need to start dressing for your body type. Just because you think it’s hot doesn’t mean you should wear it…You need to really be realistic and dress more appropriate for you type or sculpt your body so that it is flattering for the style you like. I’m not trying to be mean but Im not going to sit here and gas your head. You have great thing going and I just want you to look your best.

38. Thoughts says:

@hotmama you sound like such a hater! Jealousy is an ugly thing!

39. Angelica says:

@hotmama: Woah!!!! That was extremely rude. Since you go around telling other people what they should and should not do, I will tell you. Be polite. This is Claire’s blog and not a place where we Fashion Bomb Readers accept and tolerate that kind of extreme rudeness. I am tired of seeing comments from people like you who think we all want to hear your negative and rude two cents. Learn some manners and if you don’t have anything nice to say then at least be polite.

Geeze.

Claire: Here is an opinion, and I’m not just ‘gassing your head’. *rolls eyes* I LOVE your look. I think you were one of the best dressed there! Seriously. You looked fabulous! :-)

40. Jinx Moneypenny says:

@hotmama

Bye girl; don’t nobody have time for your “no disrespect but…” ass comments. HAVE SOME CLASS ABOUT YOURSELF.

Woo Claire that platinum!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Many folks can’t pull it off but you’re working it! And don’t mind the hate, your ensemble fits you just fine!!! I need that blouse. Like now.

41. jbrizzy says:

Claire never disappoints in the “giving me life” department

42. Alicia says:

Claire I love your outfit! You were def the best dressed! An I’m also loving your platinum blonde hair!

43. Lolodoll11 says:

I love Daisy’s look and the stylist minus that wig. Claire – like your look as well although I’m a little on the fence when it comes to the shoes with this outfit. Nevertheless you look great! The new color complements tour skin tone. Can’t wait to move back to NYV next year. Miss these events. The atkna

44. Lolodoll11 says:

Sticky fingers – means to say the atlanta scene is not for me.

45. Minnesota says:

@hotmama is hatin’! I think she should send in pics for bomb of the day. Claire you look gorgeous! The platinum locks are nice, its hard to rock that color and look good.

46. hotmama says:

You guys are simpletons and sad if you choose to lie to this woman. Im sure people are looking at her and laughing at her behind her back. I don’t have to hate on anyone, Im good, all good…trust! I just hate to see people gassing up someones head when they look RIDICULOUS…to each their own which I agree but I have an opinion just like you. Just because someone doesn’t agree with her look and has the guts and chutzpah to tell her doesn’t make them a hater..it makes them honest. I think I will send in pics for bomb of the day to shut your mouths

47. Girl Get a life says:

@hotmama I’m 99% sure you’re a hot mess, so please do send in your photos and be sure to announce yourself.

48. hotmama says:

Girl follow the advice of your siggy and “get a life” you’re probably fat and out of shape that’s why your stanning so hard. Its always the ugly ones that scream the loudest…hit dogs holler

49. Girl Get a life says:

@hotmama you’re such a loser. While everyone else has moved on, you’re…still…here. God don’t like ugly, boo