It’s almost with sad irony that only a year after we wrote last year’s 10+ Black Owned Businesses You Can Support on #BlackonBlack Friday, shortly after the verdict of Mike Brown, we’re mourning the execution of Laquan McDonald. As always, we support and promote the patronage of black owned businesses as a show of economic force and that we, as People of Color, possess power that can effect change.
If you’ll be participating in #BlackonBlackFriday or #BoyCottBlackFriday again this year, here are ANOTHER 10 black owned businesses (many of which are personal favorites) you can look to instead:
- Naturally Perfect Dolls: It’s a wonderful time for our children to have dolls that reflect their hair textures and melanin. Naturally Perfect Dolls produces realistic dolls for People of Color, with a full head of 18 inch hair that can be washed, manipulate and styled like the hair straight from our roots.
- Lunaversoul Jewelry: One of a kind jewelry decadent in silver and gold, Lunaversoul is an up-and-coming etsy shop with one of a kind accents for every jewelry lover.
- TonyWuu Collection: Handmade accessories that cater to our fashionable men out there.
- Talley & Twine Watch Company: When is it time to make your mark? Talley & Twine Watch Company brings you effortless chic in watches that are one of a kind and unique. Who doesn’t need a good watch?
- Fanm Djanm:
The literal translation means “strong woman”. Cover up those curly coifs with these African inspired head wraps, clothing and jewelry to celebrate strong women everywhere.
- Eden Body Works
Want to accentuate your natural beauty? Try EDEN BodyWorks, made to provide natural products that “integrate wellness and are beauty inspired”.
- Cocotique: Every time you turn around, there’s another beauty box subscription service. Cocotique specializes in products and brands that cater to women of color and diverse ethnicities.
- Legendary Rootz: Legendary Rootz creates clothing for men, women and children to promote Afrocentrism, unity and black pride.
- Zuvaa Marketplace:The premier marketplace for African-inspired fashion and accessories. In need of some beautiful African prints for your next social gathering? Look no further.
- Vinti Couture: As you can see, we are a lover of accessories. Vinti Couture specializes in couture-like accessories. Best part? Now through November 27th, enjoy 45% off the site!
Check out our 10+ Black Owned Businesses Spotlight from last year and leave us a comment down below on some shops we need to know about!