June 16th, 2014
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Shanté from London

Hey!
I’m headed to London today for a spell, so decided to feature a British Bombshell!
See what Shanté sent over:
shante from london 2
She writes, ” I love dressing unique and having one off pieces.”
2 shante from london
” I just do me, whatever I feel like wearing, I will.”

3 shante from london
” Regardless of what society may say suits me or not. I don’t care.”

4 shante from london
” I believe it is all about having the confidence to rock your outfit.”

5 shante from london
” I am a big lover of vintage, prints and even sometimes do the #allblackeverything style.”

6 shante from london
” I love designing too.”

shante from london
See more here:
89 shante from london

7 shante from london
I love your London look. Jazzy!
Follow Shanté’s style on her blog, www.shantesaysstyle.blogspot.co.uk, and on Instagram @ShannieShimmerz.
What do you think?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits (no collages) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
23 comments

23 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Shanté from London”

nop

2. southern says:

some interesting pieces.

3. tahlyuh says:

Something is off. I can’t put my finger on it, however. I think it’s a combination of the hair and silhouettes. As eclectic/retro/thrifty her style is, the looks can use a little more polishing/refinement/editing. Does that make sense? Idk if I’m using the right jargon.

I think she can dress to better flatter her shape, particularly from the waist down.

4. **sigh… So sexy but so tacky!

5. CrazyM says:

No…sorry.

6. Jen says:

Invest in higher-quality fabrics. Especially as a fuller-figured woman, single-knit stretch cotton poly and its ilk aren’t your friend. Think weightier iterations, such as premium denim (in construction, not necessarily price), tweed, and double-knit ponte.

7. Jessy says:

Looks 1 and 6 are cute, I’d use a black crop top in a less see-through fabric. At least with this feature’s ‘eclectic’ style, we don’t see a ton of random/strange pieces as we saw recently. A few changes to polish the look and you’ll be on your way. I agree with using heavier, more textured fabrics to create interest rather than bodycon/spandex pieces.

8. Brittany says:

She looks messy, but not in a chic way.

9. Fez says:

It’s evident that she doesn’t care. She didn’t have to mention it.

10. Jess from London says:

Ok I don’t get the above comments at all (not just saying that because im a londener) I love her style. The prints aren’t too clashy or over the top and does not appear cheap to me. I love the retro/vintage flavour in some of the pics and the different choice in footwear. I would love to see some versatility in the hairstyles to compliment the outfits but apart from that definite bombshell!!!

11. Tami says:

EVERYTHING is ill-fitting and she needs better shape wear underneath. I’ve noticed that a lot of younger girls feel as though shape wear is for older people but I digress, some also say its constricting and uncomfy but boy does it make a difference in how you look in your clothing! That goes for all sizes too! I do like the pops of color added though and different elements of her style. She has great potential.

12. SMV says:

The coca cola ourfit was my fav. everything else..not so much

13. Nicole says:

She has some interesting pieces and I can see what she is trying to do with several of the looks. HOWEVER, there is much work to be done. She needs to focus on HEAD to TOE presentation/fit. I feel like (I am not saying this to be mean but I mean it constructively), she needs to rethink the hair do and consider other ways to polish her look. Favorite look was the 5th one with the crop top and Coca-Cola skirt – If her hair was in a top knot, I think it would have been perfection.

14. Cynthia says:

Something is definitely off with her overall look and presentation. I believe it’s a combination of her hair and the fact that she’s not dressing for her body-type. She doesn’t have a bad figure, it’s just that some of the pieces don’t look all that flattering for her shape. With a new hair-do (or better weave/wig) and some polishing of her look, she’ll be well on her way.

15. Marthe says:

After voting ‘bombshell’ and seeing those results i was surprised, I love your style Shanté! It’s very london-ish to me (i’m from Belgium myself and have never been to london but yeah lol) and i love how you mix up prints which i mostly hate how other girls do it. I loved the outfit with the red beanie the most, next to your (self designed?) coca-cola skirt, beautiful! You look so confident and still laid back (loved the purple ensemble too). Thumbs up from me and continue to not care cause u know you’re looking fine!

People and wigs…I can’t!

17. :-o says:

I like HER!

I love the Coca-Cola skirt! I want one!

I think a different hairstyle is in order. Also, when you have any blemishes on your legs or knees darker than your legs, it is usually a good idea to wear stockings/pantyhose. I usually wear pantyhose.

Now she is an example of a plus size woman. Some of the other folks that are being passed off as plus size are just obese, but this is an example of a plus size figure.

I have to say though, there is something about her that I really really like. There is something about the way she carries herself and the way she looks–its the “it” thing that can’t be explained/quantified that she has. You can’t buy the “it”. I do think with some tweaking she can be a fashion bomb.

She has wonderful energy. I feel great things for her so if she is reading this, anything I said that sounds like criticism is not intended to be criticism. Keep doing you because you are doing something right if your energy can jump through the webpage like it does.

Just scrolled through your pictures again to see if I was being overly dramatic and I am not–I feel big things for this lady.

18. Sony Loren says:

No, not, nyet!!

19. Peaches says:

The clothes are too TIGHT for her size, does not look very fashionable or stylish.

20. Bre Bre says:

This wig… or weave… it’s dry. I think with your funky-esque, eclectic vibe you got going on a twist out, kinky curly bush would top it off perfectly.

21. Helio says:

She has cute style but something is off and I’m not a fan of the hair

22. ilike2smize says:

A MESS. Derivative, cheap and trying waayyyy too hard.

23. Shanté says:

Hey guys! Cheers for the comments- good or bad, YOU commented! Which means you know about me now! HAHA!! Keep checking my blog for regular updates. :D
    And, commentor ‘:-O’ thanks for your comments. You seem awesome!! I actually sell then skirts- so if you are serious about having one, please send me an email (go on my blog for info) with ‘COCO-COLA SKIRT’ in the subject line.

Cheers guys,