January 14th, 2013
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Monica from Atlanta

In the midst of all the celebrity style and red carpet glam, I give you today’s Bombshell: Monica from Atlanta.

She writes, “My style is a mix of everything.

“… I treat fashion like art, leave it to my interpretation.”

” I love to mix classic pieces to make them somewhat trendy.”

“… I’m a style and Fashion blogger/artist/mother of 2 (including a 4 month old) and I love, love fashion.”

“… I started my blog in November and I love sharing my fashion tips…”

“… as a new blogger I would totally appreciate a shout out to my blog, Awedbymonica.blogspot.com.”

“Definitely follow my instagram page @awedbymoni

You love a critter sweater, don’t you! They work well for you. I love how you paired it with your metallic pencil skirt and pink pumps!
What do you think?

Posted In
63 comments

63 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Monica from Atlanta”

1. sheree says:

I can tell that she has great style. However, all sweaters with animals on them have to go.

2. The SPS says:

I wish she has showed more looks w/o the animal sweaters but I love her looks. Love her handbag collection and how varied it was, Chanel, LV, Celine & Reed Krakoff etc. And thanks for showing moms can still wear expensive things lol.

3. Samantha says:

She loves motif sweaters. I spied a few from J. Crew. Cool looks.

4. Pinky says:

really cute, altho allll the animal sweaters was a bit overkill for me. the striped sweater && tulle skirt were my fave.

5. chrisyb says:

I loved her overall and the fact that she is a hot mom is a plus! But the animal sweaters made me feel like i was looking at the childrens place ad! But overall work it girl i voted bombshell!!

6. SheSaid says:

Nice! Love her style; it looks effortless.

7. Nice style. Seems like a fab mom. The tulle look is awesome. LOL @ the critter sweaters!

8. Camillia says:

Love the tulle skirt and the pumpkin colored skirt!!

9. Kia says:

Nice looks however, these are two different people. I visited her blog and the young lady in the tulle skirt pic and the pic with the YSL bag isn’t Monica. She’s someone that contributes to her blog…Just an FYI

10. Anna says:

She can obviously afford expensive accessories but still I think her style is all over the place. A mixture of overplayed outfits. I also think she should do something with her hair/weave.

11. Natasha says:

Animal-lover, huh? The Christmas ‘fit is an interesting surprise. If you described it, you’d be like “No ma’am” but to see it is a different story!

12. libby17 says:

automatic win for having my YSL bag.

13. Soul Touch says:

I love the animal sweaters but would love to see more variety.

But hey, this is the first time i’ve felt compelled to respond in WEEKS.

14. Claire says:

@Kia Oops! I absentmindedly plucked pix from her blog without checking the title. They do look alike, no? At any rate, I updated with other pix. Thanks for catching!

15. mi manning says:

ummmm…. nice weave?

16. lmonroedivine says:

i like that coat!

17. Loni says:

18. NicoleS says:

AHAHAHAHA What a funny joke Claire! I Love this new, let me prank my readers thing. Good one!

19. Loni says:

As far as the clothing and fashion…blah . Her risks had no reward or maybe I couldnt get over the hair thing. What happened to bobs, pixie cuts, curly hair, ponytails, buns, etc? Something else but this “Kim K” looking bs!!!!!!!

20. So the tulle skirt wasn’t her? I’m dissapointed!

21. So the tulle skirt wasn’t her? I’m dissapointed! Sad face.

22. jackie says:

love your bag collection

23. nia says:

why do people have such a problem with the way a black woman wants to wear her hair? i don’t think it took away from any of her looks

24. ladyshawann says:

Playful.I like.

25. Annoyingly Right says:

She has some nice handbags…

26. The little boy is super cute…adorable

27. SimplyMe says:

I agree with @Loni. I’m over the Kim K hair!

28. Anna says:

@ Nia: Hair breaks or makes the outfit. Sorry. Here it took away from her looks.

29. KandiSTYLE says:

She looks cute, I like her outfits.

30. yusufswifee says:

HAHAHAHAHAHA @ Loni, how could EVER say curse Brazil?

Just kidding, I know exactly what you mean and I concur…but to each his own. Im sure they love it as much as I love my baldie/natural crop

Im fine with it in this post. Headed to the blog.

31. Shannae Ingleton says:

You look Gorgeous Monica!! Congrats on the post!! :)

32. Mellie-Rae says:

You know the saying if you dont have anything nice to say dont say… mums the word

33. REESHA says:

She’s Dope, and I have never worn a weave but I love hers. I don’t understand why people had to find something negative to say about her hair. If it was real would have taken away from her look? Not at all, every one would be saying her hair is gorgeous.

34. Jamesy says:

She has a 4 month old? She looks great! I like her weave, what’s the problem? It looks great. I have to say hits and misses on the clothes, but she is beautiful and her son is a cutie pie.

35. Kitana says:

I loved every look. I’m natural and dont have a problem with her hair. It might be the best weave I’ve seen on FBD. Outfits are all cute. Don’t get rid of your sweaters due to a few comments, theyre cute and fashion is about self expression not catering to what other folks want to see. If they don’t like animals and animal print they don’t have to wear it. Your shoe and bag is so very grown. You are a beautiful girl I can’t say anything bad about ya!

36. Kapri_H says:

She has great investment pieces; a variety of nice bags and shoes.

She gets bonus points for being a mom of 2!

37. Kitana says:

If black women focused less on critiquing miniscule things like hair, they just might be able to reduce that out of wedlock birthrate smh….

NICE bag collection!!!

39. Lil says:

Love the looks. Hope I look as hot her when I’m a mother.

40. Olwethu says:

That’s a great weave, now leave the girl alone. Loved the sweaters too. This is her interpretation of style, not everyone will be pleased. Loved Monica’s shoe and bag game.

41. Mommy style! I like her sweaters, they’re cute. I wanted to see more, so I’m headed to her blog. Lol at the hair weave comments. I could care less what her hair looks like. I’m looking at the outfits. Her son is so adorable. S/O to all the mommies with individual style.

42. Coco says:

I’m not understanding why people are taking just a huge stand on HER hair? Why is that even an issue when commenting on whether she is bombshell material… It is on point… Period!

Monica you are fabulous darling -> let’s KIm

43. Adejoke says:

Love it Monica! Keep doing you!

44. The Infamous says:

Boring…. Not inspired!

45. Empress says:

I think the 22inch weave trend is better than “natural hair”.

Anyways, nice girl, but not a bombshell. None of outfits “wow” me.

46. Teca says:

Monica, you are gorge! You are a ray of sunshine and you always walk out in style. One hot Mama!!!

47. Liz says:

Ugh I am so sick of this hair thing. Black women are obsessed and its worst than I have ever seen in my 29 years of being on earth. Curse Youtube and Brazil.No one looks different every “bomber” has a loose deep wave or wand curled 22 inch weave. I am done done done.

@Loni…. surely you mean every other bombshell, as there have been many a natural bombshell featured. Black women don’t have a problem, some women just like weaves!!

48. lucy says:

Claire is definately struggling with the fashion bombshell , yes not bad but Claire come on. Its been bad here so far, come on. Have you lost your fashion sense.

49. Yashi says:

Ok the pink pumps were nice…soo cute…I like

50. Just TaytA says:

I like your looks! I will be following your blog:-)