October 1st, 2008
Claire's Life, Fashion News
The Fashion Bomb is Moving to Paris!!!!
You live but once, you might as well be amusing…–Coco Chanel

Hey Guys!
So life is all about changes, and mine is about to change in a major way!
After lots of thought and deliberation, I’ve decided to move to Paris!!

claireparis

I know, I know!! Let me explain. I majored in French (and African-American studies) in college, and before that spent almost every high school summer in France, eating baguettes and shopping at Galeries Lafayette. One of my biggest dreams was to move to Paris for an extended period of time, and now seemed just as good a time as any to get a move on!
After my vacation in August, I found myself falling in love with Paris (again)…and though not all is arranged and not everything is absolutely perfect, I reasoned: when will life ever be perfect for an international move???
So after Fashion Week, I put in my notice, began packing up my cute Brooklyn studio, and am scheduled to fly into Charles de Gaulle airport in two weeks. Scream!

But I’m sure all of you are wondering:
How will this affect the Fashion Bomb?
Not much!
What will stay the same:

1. Info on the hottest celebrity trends:
Thanks to the internet, pix of celebrities abound, so I can give you guys a heads up on celeb style from anywhere!
2.Mail Bombs:
I have an eye for fashion! If you guys keep sending me requests, I can still find what you’re looking for with a few clicks of my mouse!
Same goes for Style Files, Designer Spotlights, and the like!

But while most things will stay the same, a few things will change:

1. Shots of Real Style:
Instead of me patrolling the streets of NYC, I’ll be storming Paris, London, Spain, Italy, and more! The Fashion Bomb will have a bit of an international flavor. Not a bad thing! But y’all can always send me your pictures (I already have a bunch which haven’t been posted)!
2. Claire’s Life:
No longer in hot party central NYC, I won’t be hitting up all the celebrity and industry events! Besides y’all don’t log on to see my mug all over the place:)

That’s it!

France is 6 hours ahead, meaning no more waking up mad early to post (for me)! And of course I’ll be updating during the day with all the fashion news you love and crave!

Wish me luck…
Smootches!

*Got any French contacts? Holla at Me.

Posted In
106 comments

106 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb is Moving to Paris!!!!”

1. Nic says:

That is so amazing, you are about to make The Fashion Bomb THAT much greater!!

Wishing you all the success in the world, though we will miss you here in NY!

2. IbisCaraib says:

Congrats Claire! I fell in love with the city as well and would love to move there someday. Until then, I’ll live vicariously through you.

3. Fashion Guru says:

aawww im so happyy for you..im glad you will still keep us entertained and up to date on fashion

4. Love.Life.Live.Laugh.Spend. says:

Claire, I am so unbelievably happy for you. Life is all about going after your dreams, not everything being perfect. I look forward to your parisian posts! I am going to Paris in two years…perhaps we can finally meet over there!

Claire, as a reader of FashionBomb from the beginning days, I want to say that I am sooooo unbelievably happy for you. I love to see anyone go after their dreams! I wish you all the best and I hope all goes well on your journey!

6. Christina says:

Congrats! Best of luck in all of your endeavors. : )

Does that mean going away party in NYC??? Sounds like it to me!

Claire thank you for all the great posts & i wish you all the best in your new venture
    may you be happy in Paris

This seems so bittersweet…I live in Chicago so I always look forward to your NY real style posts and party scene. However, Paris is a beautiful city and I’m sure being the fashionista that you are, the post from abroad will be that much more exciting. I will still be a loyal reader. Congrats Claire. Best Wishes!!

10. Gidan Nodza says:

I’ve been a frequent reader for a long while and never posted a comment till now. Paris…WOW!!! Fashion Bomb will only get better. I wish you all the best in Paris and will look forward to seeing Paris through FB.

YAY!!! :) Happy for you girl! Fashion Bomb to di flippin world! :D

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

13. princessdominique says:

Awesome. I actually plan on visiting to write my next novel there in a few months. I’m definitely going to have to hawk your site to get some tips and possibly heads up on what’s hot!

14. Ms. Lyssa says:

WOW!! I am so excited for you! You can do it! You have really influenced me as a blogger and everyday I log on you make want to step my gme up a lil bit more. You give it to ‘em in Paris.

God Bless,
    Ms. Lyssa

15. My Fashion Frenzy says:

CONGRATS! You are such an inspiration. I wish you success with your move, and will continue to read your Blog to see how you’ve settled in Paris.

Safe travels. =)

Nikki

16. Charlé says:

How remarkable! I’m so excited for you! Even if it’s only at a minimum, Claire’s Life would be interesting just to see what influence French fashion has on your wardrobe! Congratulations, girl!

17. Cheron says:

You go girl!! How exciting!!! You are so brave and adventurous…it’s what life is all about!

18. Sharlene says:

OH WOW…Congrats…very brave of u to move to a new country..Kudos!! Cant wait to see real style in Paris..I hope to study abroad there one day

19. kayellejaye says:

Best of luck to you! I’ve been thinking about moving to London. Maybe one day…

20. Safera says:

Congratulations Claire. Your blog is so inspiring and to see the way it has grown is very encouraging. I wish you so much success and happiness. Congrats to Adriana who has done a wonderful job too.

Regardless of where you’re based as long as you’re still typing away we couldn’t ask for anything more. Many Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

Best wishes,
    Safera xoxo

21. GET IT GIRL says:

Now that is the BOMB!!! Congrats to you Claire! Life is about change and living your dreams because we do only live once!

I will continue to be an avid reader of your blog.

22. laughing808 says:

Congrats, Good Luck and Best wishes.

paris!!! you are the bomb, claire! i wish you ALL the best

24. Ings says:

Ah c’est branche!
    Tu as de la chance!! Paris me manque aussi! J’ai grandi a Paris et je voudrais retournee ! Bonne chance, bonne sante, et a la prochaine!

25. Southern Girl says:

How absolutely fabulous, romantic and inspiring. Claire, you are definitely a friend in my head, and again inspiration. I love when people follow the dreams, I wish you all the best.

OMG! Claire when I saw the title of the blog, I was in shock! I’m so happy for you. I love when someone does something, not because it’s the most convenient or it’s what somebody else wants them to do, but because it’s what they want to do! Live you life to the fullest. Don’t forget to tell us how the Parisian men are!

27. Ings says:

n’oublie pas d’ecrire quelques notes en francais !

28. Yannize says:

That is amazing news! So Carrie Bradshaw!
    Best of luck in France, my dear.

29. A Black Girl says:

Do it big! You deserve every second of this excitement and suspense as you transition to a new phase in your life! This is an huge inspiration and I’m wishing you all of the very best! Fashion Bomb going Global! Now, that’s FIERCE!

30. topseekrit says:

Wow! That’s awesome, all the best to you Claire. I’m really excited for you. Vote before you leave ;-)

31. Diva says:

Claire I am soooo happy for you. What a bold and exciting move. I know great things await in Paris and I can’t wait to see how the fashionbomb will continue to evolve. Please post tons of videos in Paris .
    best of luck
    smooches

32. mississippi chic' says:

congrats on your decision to move. its so funny so many times as sistas when our Father is trying to elevate us we resist. Thanks because you are definitely an inspiration to me. Once you get settled and everything maybe you can plan trip for fashion bombers to come visit and show us paris (said with an accent). so so happy for you!!!!!

33. mississippi chic' says:

34. mississippi chic' says:

35. HOW UR DURIN!?!?!? says:

amazing. good job

36. Black girl with long hair says:

oh gosh that is too exciting!!!

37. Sonia says:

It’s great that you are living out your dreams. Congrats!

You are quite an inspiration!

Remember to vote absentee…WE still NEED your vote for Obama!!!!

What will you do there? Will you be working in fashion?

38. briana says:

What a perspective a worldly person has to offer. And good for you! Always a gutsy thing to do and I applaud anyone who ventures out into the greater world. Also, it can’t hurt for a fashion writer to live in a fashion capitol, of course!

Congratulations Claire! May God bless you on your new journey.

40. Tarshel says:

Hi Claire,
    I’ve been a silent reader of your blog, which I love and I’m so happy your moving to Paris. I’m heading to Paree in November with 9 friends, i’d love to meet you! and get help with shopping.

–tb

Congratulations Claire, I am very happy for you. I enjoy your blog on a weekly and almost daily basis. Change is great and with that comes such great opportunities. Enjoy and I am looking forward to an international flair of the fashion bomb!

This is my first time posting here, but I love this site! Congratualtions! Good Luck God Bless! Wishing you nothing but success!

43. lori says:

Claire I am so excited for you that is amazing and so inspiring! I moved from Chicago to LA recently(luckily we had a chance to meet at an event before your move!) and although it wasn’t an international move for me, it was a big step and one I’m so proud to have taken. I’ve always wanted to live in another country as well and appreciate that you didn’t talk about it, you are doing it! Many blessings and I look forward to a new international Fashion Bomb! Congrats!

~Lori
    lipsticklacebrassknuckles.wordpress.com

Congrats on making this change. I’m glad that you showed me a whole other side to my hometown and hopefully you will do the same for the Parisians.

45. Trendy Gourmandise says:

welcome to Parisssssssssssssssssssss !!! We love you so much here !!!!!!

46. The World's Dresser says:

Living abroad was the best experience of my life. Congrats on this awesome change and I hope you run with it, living each day to the fullest. Rock on girl!

47. The World's Dresser says:

48. The World's Dresser says:

49. Aïssata says:

Welcome To Paris Claire!

Aissata

50. Ashqelynn says:

This is my first time posting…but I’m so excited for you!!! I’m an avid reader, and I have recommended some of my aspiring fashionista friends to your website. I wish you the best of luck and God bless!!!