Are y’all dressing up for the big fete? I think my Halloween celebration will be dull for several reasons: First, I heard from my homies that the Frenchies don’t ‘do’ Halloween. Second, my five (yes FIVE) suitcases were so packed full of shoes and dresses that I had no room at all for a funky, creative costume. I wonder what I can be based off my wardrobe? I guess I can go as a magazine editor…?
However you celebrate Halloween, these Mail Bombs should start your day off with kick…
…let’s not delay!
First, reader Chanel fell in love with yesterday’s Ciara post! She says, “I neeeed these shoes in my life!! LOL!!”
“Can you find out the designer, and maybe some good alternatives??“
Adriana searched and found that Cici is wearing these Balenciaga Patent Escarpin Booties from its Fall 2008 collection:
Here are a few less expensive alternatives:
1. RSVP Macey Boot, $83. 2. Donald J Pliner Chad Bootie, $290. 3. Lotus Zip Front Ankle Bootie, $240.
Next Cherelle says, “I saw this picture of Julissa at a BET premier, and I was wondering where I could find her skirt?“
“… Whether itâ€™s the exact make or a replica, I think it’s hot fall look!”
Pair a black top and tights with these beauts for a similar style:
1. Amuleti J Knee Length Skirt, $238. 2. Forever 21 Mina Slub Textured Skirt, $20. 3. Robert Rodriguez Tweed Tie Front Skirt, $160. 4. Milly Stretch Cotton Bow Pencil Skirt, $130.
Jess from Jersey says, “I’m not exactly sure why Mel B. has been getting so much spotlight these past few months but I AM taking notice of her major style game. Can we please talk about this dress she has on? “
“I love this look for two reasons: 1) She manages to pull off the conservative but sexy look- snaps. 2) This is extremely seasonally appropriate but the pop of color is a nice change from the more typically muted fall colors. I need this look! I love it, from the fishnet stockings down to the bold red pumps. Any suggestions?“
Sure! Achieve Mel B’s chic with these high and low priced items:
1. Diane von Furstenberg Ludlow Dress in Electric Blue, $395. 2. Wolford Twenties Fishnet Stockings, $42. 3. Oh Deer! Praline Red Patent Pumps, $75. 4. Aldo Frosury Pumps, $80.
Next Fashion Bomber Bianca says, “I saw this picture of Kim Kardashian and fell in love with her over the knee boots:“
“…The leather looks like buttah! :)“
If you want a flat black over the knee boot, you can go with any of these winter ready options:
1. Banfi Zambrelli Olive Over the Knee Boot, $855. 2. Calvin Klein Footwear Women’s “Mazzie” Over-The-Knee Leather Flat Boots, $220. 3. Loeffler Randal Riley Over Knee Zip Boots, $825. 4. Steve Madden Overpass Boot, $230.
Ashley from Cali says, “I love voluminous scarves, but have never been able to find a really great one. Can you tell me more about Eve’s scarf...”
“...Or help me find something similar?“
I could be wrong, but I think Eve is wearing a Yarnz Scarf:
Left to Right: Yarz Zebra Scarf, Yarnz Neo Python Scarf, $165.
They specialize in voluminous cashmere scarves in great colors and patterns. I could’ve sworn I saw Eve’s style, but couldn’t find it! If you want an alternative, Adriana found these:
Left to Right: AKA New York Scarf, $139; Asos Oversized Long Check Scarf, $20.
Lastly, a male Mail Bomb! Cheria wanted this look for her boo:
Get your squeeze the essentials of an R Les look with these:
1. Mackage Shane Moto Leather Jacket in Black, $649. 2. Stussy Deluxe Jack Plaid Shirt, $143. 3. Creative Recreation Milano Hi in Oxblood, $200.
If you dress up for Halloween, send me some pix!