If you’re like me, you’ve developed a bad habit of waiting til the last minute to run to Hallmark to get whatever ‘Mahogany’ card is leftover.
After numerous guilt laced phone calls on the day in question, I decided: No More!
There are plenty of cool items you can give to mom without spending a ton. And hey, it’s Wednesday, so if you order today, it should still reach Mom Dukes in time for the holiday.
I decided to help everyone out a bit, and give you 25 ideas for fashionable Mother’s Day Gifts all under $100:
1. Jewelry: Moms wants to feel like sassy vixens, and nothing does that more than modern, funky jewels. Gift her the following affordable picks for a cool look:
1. Sundiata Design Multiple Hoop Earrings, $45, www.oohboutique.com 2. Diamond Pattern Bangle, $75, www.vivre.com 3. Sassy Earrings, $12, www.boutiquefinesse.com 4. Kenneth Jay Lane Giraffe Print Bangle, $99, shopbop.com
5. Fossil Women’s White Strap Bracelet Watch, $75, www.macys.com 6. Milky Way Silver Necklace, $80, www.starletaccessories.com.
7. Large Enamel Flower Ring, $15, www.oohboutique.com. 8. Life Lines Ring, $95, www.ilovesisu.com 9. Enamel Ribbed Bangle, $58, www.activeendeavors.com
2. Cute Bag. Surprise Mom with an eye catching tote, evening clutch, or a weekend bag she can bring when she comes to visit.
1. Blanca Snake Tote, $79, www.bebe.com. 2. Sondra Roberts Metallic Clutch, $75, www.shopkitson.com. 3. Ombre Tote, $78, www.anthropologie.com. 4. Tignanello Tech Tote, $89, www.macys.com. 5. Melie Blanco Graphic Clutch, $68, www.shopkitson.com. 6. Bombe Tote, $99, www.anntaylor.com.
3. Leisure Looks. My mom favors her tennis track suits plus t-shirts to wear when she goes shopping (trust me, I’ve tried to steer her differently!). Give her a friendly nudge by offering her a few options she can wear to the mall, grocery store, or lunch with friends:
1. Pink Pony Hope Tee, $98, www.ralphlauren.com.2. Cotton Argyle Hoodie, $72, www.jcrew.com. 3. Juicy Couture Heather Long Sleeve Track Jacket, $98, shopbop.com
4. Magazine Subscriptions. They’re affordable, and truly, one of the few gifts that keep on giving:
Check www.essence.com, www.elle.com, www.newyorker.com, and www.heartandsoul.com for subscription details.
5. Beautifying Gift Baskets. Shhhh, I’m getting my mom a gift basket from Carol’s Daughter, but there are plenty sultry treatments you can offer for the mom who likes to look (and feel) good:
1. Best Tressed Hair Set, $58, www.carolsdaughter.com. 2. Bliss Vanilla + Bergamot Set, $84, www.blissworld.com. 3. Philosophy Amazing Grace Gift Set, $68, www.sephora.com.
Show your Mom some love!
*Shout out to one of the greatest TV Moms:
…who happens to have one of the best names ever! Ha!
*Um, have y’all seen the pictures of Rihanna in Elle’s June issue?
Homegirl is so frickin fierce! Check out the rest here.
*Log on to enter my girl Meghan’s Sex & the City Shoe Contest. [Miss Meghan]