• Tuesday challenge…
… identify the flaw in the Obama’s Christmas photo. (Styleite)
• Everyone is wearing their version of nude stocking thanks to Kate Middleton, according to WWD. I guess… ah, maybe they have a bit of a point. (WWD)
• Looks like everything is a-ok between Oscar de la Renta and Cathy Horyn. If you remember, the designer got upset after mistaking the fashion critic’s “hot dog” compliment for shade. It seems all is forgiven. WWD reports that Ms. Horyn (naturally, clad in a frock by the designer) was not only seated in the frow at the Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2013 show, but was “welcomed” backstage, by ODLR CEO Alex Bolen. (WWD)
• Because Hong Kong is just not congested enough, the city’s Fashion Designer Association joined forces with the Danish Fashion Institute to create the longest runway on record. At 3.2 kilometers (that’s about 2 miles or 20 New York City blocks,) there is plenty of space for any vain diva looking to strut her stuff for a reeally long time. (Vogue UK)
• This year’s 14 NEWGEN fashion sponsorship recipients have been announced. Amongst the lucky designers are names like JW Anderson, Simone Rocha, and J JS Lee. Congratulations to all the winners! (Vogue UK)
• Hat loving New Yorkers, rejoice! Milliner Eugenia Kim is having her annual sample sale. Snag luxury berets, fedoras, and more at up to 50% off retail from December 11- 14th, 10 AM – 7 PM at 347 West 36th Street #501.