• Don’t you want to jump into the Obama‘s family portrait?
The first family sat down in the Oval Office for photographer Pete Souza, and this is the glorious result. Sasha and Malia are growing up so fast, it brings a tear to my eye! (The YBF)
• No common towel from Macy‘s is fit to dry Kanye West. His bathwater is far too rich. But this $395 Versace towel set might do the trick. The rapper tweeted a photo of the luxurious cloths yesterday, saying, “ALL I WANT 4 XMAS.” The man doesn’t ask for much. Someone indulge him. (Upscale Hype)
• PYNK magazine goes inside Emily B‘s expensive shoe closet which consists mostly of… you guessed correctly, Christian Louboutins. I’m thinking of a word. It starts with “b” and ends with “asic.” (Necole Bitchie)
• WWD reports that Jack McCullough and Lazaro Hernandez of Proenza Schouler are in the process of opening a standalone store of their own. No word on where it will be, but the design duo is said to be eyeing a space on Madison Avenue. (WWD)
• Mary Katrantzou, Roksanda Ilincic, and Nicholas Kirkwood are three of the nine designers shortlisted for the BFC/Vogue Fashion Fund! The nominees will compete for a £200,000 prize and a mentorship from a well-established designer. Good luck to all the nominees! (Racked)
• Abercrombie and Fitch is asking the judge to throw out the lawusit Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino filed against them. If you remember, Mr. Sorrentino is suing the retailer for using slogans “The Fitchuation,” and “G.T.L (you know the deal),” on a few t-shirts sold in store. Not only has Mr. Sorrentino only just applied to copyright the phrases, A&F also claims the suit is unfounded as they t-shirts are a parody, which is protected under free speech laws. (TMZ)
• Social Maven Bevy Smith talks about how she made it in this fun series on Styleblazer (Styleblazer)