Hey, Bombers and Bombshells! Jihan is currently away, but will be back soon to grace you all with her hilarious banter. In the meantime, Cliché here with the news breakdown. Let’s get to it!
• Mother Oprah (as I like to refer to her), was just named the most powerful celebrity by Forbes. On a list that also features Beyoncé, and fashion elites Anna Wintour, and Diane von Furstenberg, Winfrey reigned supreme. They cite her as being the “queen of media” , and says that although her OWN network has struggled in the past, “this year it secured a deal with Comcast to earn subscriber fees and increase the number of households that carry it to $83 million”. Her interviews with big name celebs like Lady Gaga, and Rihanna certainly didn’t harm her cause either. So in case you were wondering, yes, she’s STILL #winning. (Forbes)
• While collective cinephiles (myself included) are still coping with the disappointment of “The Great Gatsby” release date being pushed back to Summer 2013, fashion lovers (again, myself included), can rejoice at the news that Miuccia Prada will be designing the costumes for the Baz Luhrmann directed film. Get ready for glamour galore! (Telegraph)
• The famously wholesome Nicole Kidman lets her cake, cake, cake, cakes, hang out for the latest issue of V Magazine. Who knew the actress had this sexpot hidden within? Peep the full spread here. (The Cut)
• D’Angelo covers the August/September 2012 issue of UPTOWN Magazine. Ladies, let’s gather hands and swoon. (The YBF)
• Giles Deacon has collaborated with Sky Ride to create this limited edition bag. The snakeskin purse is now available in pink and turquoise. Of his latest creation he says, “I really liked the idea of doing a super-cool, functional bag for ladies on their bikes.” Thanks, Giles! Perhaps now I should purchase a bike. If you’re interested, grab ’em while they’re hot. (Grazia)
• Last but certainly not least, Tyra Banks gives Jimmy Fallon a lesson on how to properly execute the “Booty Tooch”. Do you all have your notebooks handy? (Hulu)