• Nyasha Matonhodze, Anais Mali, and Shena Moulton attend the White Fairy Tale Love Ball at Chateau de Wideville in France.
Stunt 101, ladies and gentlemen! (Beauty is Diverse)
• Two people have pre-ordered the crocodile backpack from The Olsen Twins‘s new handbag collection for The Row. How much did they shell out for said backpack? $39,000 each. That’s entry-level salary right there! Barney’s fashion director Amanda Brooks says: “I think if you were ever going to spend $39,000 on a bag, that’s the bag you should buy because I think you’d wear it for a really long time.” How long, 39,000 years? (Fashionista)
• Some kids go to Christian camp (me), other kids go to modeling camp. What do the two have in common? You will inevitably be critiqued on your body. One camper who got the opportunity to meet with a rep from Wilhelmina Models says: “She [the rep] said I had really good facial expressions… I just need to work on my height, because I’m a little short. But I will get there – drink a little milk and I’ll be fine.” Hmm… hope her growth spurt hasn’t already kicked in, because if so, no amount of milk is going to change being 5’6″! Interested in attending? It’s $999 for the four-day workshop. (NYDN)
• The CFDA/ Vogue Fashion Fund finalists have been announced! Amongst the talented crop are Suno, Pamela Love, and Altuzarra. The fund provides financial and business support to up-and-coming designers. Congrats to all the finalists! (Fashionista)
• Beyoncé spent $14,000 at Topshop in London in only an hour. She reportedly did not try anything on. (news.com.au)