• It’s a sad, sad, moment in fashion. Nicolas Ghesquière, creative director of Balenciaga, has stepped down from his position after 15 years. WWD reports, “The designer and the fashion house are citing a ‘joint decision to end their working relationship’ effective Nov. 30.” The French designer put his foot into his Spring 2013 collection, it only makes sense to go out with a bang. Grab up those Balenciaga by Ghesquière pieces while you can! It’s the end of a beautiful era. (WWD)
• As it turns out, Lana Del Rey will NOT be the new face of Versace (as previously rumored here). Fashion Bomb Daily reached out to the fashion house for confirmation. A public relations representative said, “As much as we love Ms. Del Rey and appreciate her talent, we do not confirm her to front our upcoming campaigns.” There goes that.
• The solemn news continues. Ralph Lauren will be bidding adieu to its Rugby line. Since its inception in 2004, the Rugby brand has opened 14 stores including a massive outlet in London’s Covent Garden. All will be closing early next year. (Telegraph)
• Karl Lagerfeld is on to another venture. The designer is set to launch his collection of watches come February 28th, conveniently in time for Paris Fashion Week. The line will include stainless steel bracelets, metallic leathers, pyramid-shaped studs and bold chains. Oh, and his ponytailed profile will be embossed on the crown. Of course. Will you be buying? (WWD)
• Hurricane Sandy didn’t discriminate when she attacked the Eastern Seaboard a little over a week ago. Designer Marc Jacobs‘s West Village home endured such severe flooding, he now has to find a new place to live. :( (The Cut)
• Cara Delevingne and Jourdan Dunn will walk in Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show this coming Thursday. It will be the first time the British babes will model for the brand. Delevingne took to Twitter (where else?), to confirm the news, excitedly tweeting, “So excited for the #VSFashionShow!. Had my fitting yesterday and am so happy about my outfit. Be prepared, be very prepared.” Rihanna, Justin Bieber, and Bruno Mars are all set to perform at the event. Sounds fun! (Vogue UK)