• Nicki Minaj goes Smurfette blue for a profile in Vogue.
The “Stupid Hoe” rapper sat down with the Fashion Bible to talk her sartorial proclivities (she wears “costumes, not outfits,”) and her future plans to start “an enormous foundation to nurture girls.” (hopefully not by calling them nappy headed hoes). What do you think of a blue Nicki? (Vogue)
• Kate Moss has been diagnosed with a nerve disorder (ulnar nerve entrapment,) that has left her temporarily paralyzed in her right arm. She is expected to make a full recovery over the next few months, though the model is currently having difficulty performing everyday tasks (like taking a lid off a jar.) A friend close to Moss says “her hand is not paralysed or injured in any permanent way.” Get well soon, Kate! (Daily Mail)
• Because the theme hasn’t at all been overdone, M.A.C cosmetics is launching a Marilyn Monroe inspired collection. The 30-piece line is set to drop in October, just in time for you to get your Marilyn Monroe Halloween costume together. (WWD)
• Ever wanted to know what goes on behind the scenes at Prada‘s workshop? For the first time ever, the famed Italian design house is opening its doors to La Reppublica, a mere 24 hours before the collection hits the runway. (La Reppublica)
• And just for fun, here’s President Barack Obama singing with B.B. King and Mick Jagger at the White House. He sounds great! If this re-election thing doesn’t work out, he can always record an album! (HuffPost)