• Here’s the schedule for day 6 of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week: Michael Angel 8:20-10Am, Tory Burch 9AM, J.Crew 9:30-10:30, Badgley Mischka 10AM (streaming), Vera Wang 11AM (Streaming), Diesel Black Gold 1PM, Zang Toi 1PM, Bibhu Mohapatra 1:30-3:30pm, Hervé Léger by Max Azria 2PM (streaming), Argentine designers 3PM, Improvd 6:30-7:30PM, Tibi 7PM (streaming), Narciso Rodriguez 8PM (streaming), Malan Breton 9PM.
• Marc Jacobs is demanding over $10 million to take over for Galliano at Dior. But with the amount of work he’d have to do at Dior, I’d highball them too! WWD says: “Dior, of course, is a much more demanding job than Louis Vuitton, with two couture collections in addition to two ready-to-wear shows and pre-collections. Also, the immense craftsmanship involved in couture means Jacobs would have to spend even more time in Paris working with the atelier on the collection. All of this would come on top of his own women’s and men’s wear lines, as well as Marc by Marc Jacobs, both of which have seen significant growth over the last few years.” What do you think? Is Jacobs asking too much, or is this a reasonable salary requirement? (Racked)
• Watch Tyra Banks smize with her eyes closed in the new promo for America’s Next Top Model All-Star season. Yes, it’s possible. (Racked)
• You know your love for your favorite bag runs deep when you think of it as your friend. According to Mulberry creative director Emma Hill, this is the exact feeling you should have toward your favorite carryall: “I think a bag has to be really functional now. It’s not like clothing. It’s with you everyday. It has to go with lots of outfits. You have to be able to use it. It cannot irritate you. I think your bag should become your best friend.” She would know, she’s the “it” bag lady! (Time NewsFeed)
• Miss Angola Leila Lopes was recently crowned Miss Universe. Big ups! (People)