• Manolo Blahnik has teamed up with Ghanaian-born designer Mimi Plange to design two pairs of shoes for her Spring 2012 collection. The shoes, said to be inspired by the leather and bead work found in parts of Africa, will be unveiled September 7 at her presentation during New York Fashion Week.
We’ll let you know when the shoes are available! I don’t know about you guys, but I I’m already in love and can’t wait to see the second pair! What do you think, are you feelin’ the shoes? (WWD)
• I still haven’t received my September issue of W, yet here is Canadian glossy FLARE‘s October 2011 cover featuring Frieda Pinto. It seems like homegirl’s been everywhere recently! (Beauty is Diverse)
• Fendi is collaborating with Maserati to build a car fit for any be-grilled rapper in the tradition of Baby. The project is for a new documentary titled The Whispered Italian Grand Tour, featuring the work of various Italian craftspeople. The car will have the obligatory leather interior, and accessories director Silvia Venturini Fendi has designed a new logo for the vehicle, incorporating the emblems of both brands. I’m interested to see what it looks like! Bombers, if you had the money, would you splurge? (Vogue UK)
• It seems everyone is following in coveted cosmetic brand M.A.C.‘s footsteps, releasing foundation lines acknowledging the many different shades in which human beings come. Chanel is the latest arrival to this party, with their Perfection Lumière foundation, a 23-shade collection which will offer its widest range of colors ever. Only 20 of the shades will be sold in the United States (weird). No word yet on when the collection is slated to release, but as details arise, we will certainly keep you posted! (Beauty High)
• In my favorite campaign video of the season, Lanvin recruits models Karen Elson (who’s actually got some rhythm), Raquel Zimmermann, Lowell Tautchin and Milo Spijkers to shake their tail feathers to Pitbull‘s Calle Ocho. Even creative director Alber Elbaz makes an appearance! (Racked)