• Here’s the schedule for today’s shows at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week:
Emerson 9AM, Electric Feathers 9:30AM, Project Runway Finals 9:30AM, Luca Luca 11AM (Streaming) General Idea 1PM, Rebecca Taylor 2PM (Streaming), Mara Hoffman 2:30PM Helen Yarmak 5PM, Tommy Hilfiger Men’s 5:30PM, Nicole Miller 6PM (Streaming), Joy Cioci 6:30PM, Concept Korea 6:30PM, Cynthia Rowley 7PM (Streaming), Academy of Art University 8PM, Falguni & Shane Peacock 9PM. As always, you can catch live streams of the noted shows at the LiveRunway Youtube channel.
• If you’re in Paris with Euros to spare (and a man in your life to boot), Christian Louboutin has opened a men’s boutique which is doing rather well, selling an average of 25 pairs of shoes a day. He will soon add a “tattoo room” to the standalone, where fashionistos can get their shoes customized with whatever symbols they please. The tattooing process takes about three months, so don’t hold your breath waiting– you’ll just die. (Racked)
• Never one to be behind trends, Anna Dello Russo discusses the growing influence of bloggers: “I’m one of the editors that has also turned blogger. I’ve been part of the web evolution, connecting people to the younger generation on the web. And because I’m photographed all the time on blogs and with bloggers I became a reference to the new generation. It’s good because it’s changed the rules in fashion. It’s not just about newspapers anymore. The web is really more relevant.” (Fashionista)
• In a verdict that, based on the overwhelming evidence comes as no surprise to anyone, John Galliano has been found guilty of making anti-Semitic slurs. In true celebrity fashion, Mr. Galliano will be fined… only if he doesn’t make any more anti-Semitic slurs in public. How anticlimactic. (Fashionista)
• Nicola Formichetti‘s pop-up store opened last night for Fashion’s Night Out, and it’s brilliant. Fashionologie posted photos of the concept shop, and it is delightfully conceptual indeed. The pieces look so stunning, it is probably necessary to see them in person. Check it out at 80 Walker Street off Canal. (Fashionologie)