• US Border Patrol intercepted and seized 20,457 pairs of fake Christian Louboutins at the Los Angeles/ Long Beach seaport. The shoes had a retail value of $3/pair, but would have been worth about $18million were they sold here in the States. Border Patrol will likely burn the offending stilettos, to the great dismay of noted knockoff shoe connoisseuse, Rasheeda from Love and Hip Hop Atlanta. Guess she’ll just have to wait for the Loubi sample sale like the rest of us! (ABC News)
• Bethenny Frankel of Real Housewives fame is looking for “real women” (whatever that means) to walk in her Skinnygirl Solutions fashion show at Macy‘s Herald Square this Fashion’s Night Out. Submit a photo of yourself here before Wednesday, August 22nd, and explain how shapewear has helped you for a chance to meet Bethenny and make your runway debut.
• Condé Nast debuted an interactive fashion game for the iPad and iPhone called Fashion Hazard. The game gives a high fashion Temple Run sort of vibe. The player is tasked with sending their model avatar safely down the runway, collecting coins (bling), and avoiding obstacles like fallen models and a snake just asking to be made into a purse. The game is targeted at women, though there is a male avatar plenty of fashionistos will be happy to send down the virtual catwalk. Get it for 99 cents at the Mac App Store. (Fashionista)
• Adorable Vogue booking associate Simone Tetteh shares her 5 favorite outfits to wear with the Fashion Bible. Once again, I warn you: Teeth is super adorable, and you might have a serious girl crush once you’re through looking at her photos. (Fashion Fiend)
• Get ready, ya’ll, Naomi Campbell is headed to New York City in early September to film her upcoming reality show, The Face. Will she make a cameo at New York Fashion Week? Feel free to speculate. (The Cut)