• I can barely type for shaking with excitement: Canadian knitwear designer (and celeb favorite) Mark Fast is collaborating with ALDO on a shoe collection! The designer says: “This collaboration has given me the opportunity to work with new shoe technology and resources. We are having a great time working together and the Aldo team has been quite inspiring in their innovations. We have a great deal of creative synergy. It’s nice to be tied to my roots again with a Canadian enterprise! The collection is about sexy, strong, fierce African fabulousness!” At least he didn’t say “tribal.” Information on when this collection will debut has not been released yet. (Racked)
• Michelle Obama will host the National Design Awards luncheon this year at the White House once again. The problem? The event is slated to happen on September 13– right in the middle of New York Fashion Week. Talk about poor timing! Women’s Wear Daily reports Gilles Mendel, last year’s winner, is changing the date of his runway show to avoid the scheduling conflict, while others like Prabal Gurung simply won’t attend. Way to have a fabulous party no one can go to, Mrs. O! (WWD)
• If you thought last week’s ruling in favor of YSL was the end of the battle between the brand and Christian Louboutin, think again. Louboutin could lose its red sole trademark now that YSL is calling for a summary judgement! Louboutin’s lawyers plan to appeal the case and fight the pending summary. Yikes! This seems to be escalating more than anyone predicted! (Fashionista)
• Here’s a preview of America’s Next Top Model All-Star season. Looks as fiasco-y as expected. (Racked)
• For those who love fashion but don’t live in a fashion center like New York, take advantage of the Gemma Redux Jewelry online sample sale! From 12PM today ’til 6PM Thursday, August 18th, get 30-80% off select jewels! Sounds like some great deals! Click here for the secret sample sale page. Check it out!