• Today is Election Day! To fete the momentous event Beyoncé took to her Tumblr to post a picture of her casting her vote. After penning a letter to President Barack Obama yesterday (see it here), can you guess who’s her choice for Commander in Chief? More importantly, make sure YOU go out and vote! P.S. Why, oh why is her skin so flawless? I’m also digging her choice of mani. (Tumblr)
• Could Alexander Wang be replacing Nicolas Ghesquière at Balenciaga? The designer is just one of the names being thrown around on the “short list” to succeed the beloved Ghesquière. In an article on WWD, chief executive officer Isabelle Guichot revealed the new creative director will be named, “As soon as we’re ready.” She went on to add, “My biggest interest is to focus the organization, accompany the team and develop the brand potential, so it’s in my interest to do it as soon as possible.” Things are about to get real interesting, folks! (WWD)
• Speaking of Alexander Wang, great news my fellow New York fashionistas! The brand is having a sample sale starting today, November 6th, all the way through Saturday, November 10th. Interested? Head over to 131 Greene Street for your share of deeply discounted wares.They’re open for business Tuesday-Thursday from 8AM-8PM, Friday from 9AM- 7PM, and Saturday from 10AM-6PM. I’m gathering my coins, see you there!
• Designer Ralph Lauren has donated $2 million dollars to the relief fund for those who have been affected by Hurricane Sandy. Yes, you read that correctly, $2 million. Of his donation he says, “I’m a born and bred New Yorker. I raised my family here and started my business here. The Tri-State area is home to thousands of our employees and our customers and we have a special and personal relationship with the affected areas. We want to support the selfless work of so many agencies, professionals and volunteers and hope that these donations will make it easier for our cities to rebuild and recover.” I love every bit of this. (Telegraph)
• If, by some chance, you’ve been longing to get your hands on some of Lady Gaga’s elaborate stage costumes, today is your lucky day! That is if you have a couple thousand dollars to spare, of course. A selection of her stage garb are a part of the Icons and Idols 2012: Rock ‘n’ Roll sale, and will include the singer’s, “gold python gown by Greek designer Eddie Gavriilidis, a rubber face mask and embellished headpiece by Franc Fernandez – the designer who created Gaga’s infamous meat dress – and a metal facemask by London-based designer Keko Hainswheeler, worn by the singer in the video for her hit single Bad Romance.” I’ll be passing on this one. (Vogue UK)