By Limsan Boulter (@limo_x) for Fashion Bomb Daily
Arguably one of the most important British fashion nights of the year, the 2018 British Fashion Awards in Partnership with Swarovski was held on Monday night.
The annual star studded event at the Royal Albert Hall in Kensington, London celebrated the biggest names in fashion. Gucci swooped up Brand of the Year, Kaia Gerber won the coveted Model of the Year and Designer of the Year was awarded to Pierpaolo Piccioli for Valentino.
The most talked about moment was a surprise appearance by a glowing Meghan Markle who presented the British Designer of the Year Womenswear to Clare Waight Keller of Givenchy. Clare, of course, famously designed the Duchess of Sussex’s wedding dress that she wore at St George’s Chapel in May earlier this year.
It’s a family affair with British Designer of the Year Womenswear nominee Victoria Beckham and Model of the Year winner Kaia Gerber with their families.
Black was a popular choice for the evening, with Doutzen Kroes, Cindy Bruna and Erin O’Connor all opting for the classic color.
Winners of the British Fashion Awards:
- Model of the Year – Kaia Gerber
- Swarovski Award for Positive Change – Dame Vivienne Westwood
- Brand of the Year – Gucci
- Urban Luxe – Off-White
- Accessories Designer of the Year – Demna Gvasalia for Balenciaga
- Business Leader – Marco Bizzarri for Gucci
- Special Recognition Award for Innovation – Parley for the Oceans
- British Emerging Talent Menswear – Samuel Ross for A-COLD-WALL*
- British Emerging Talent Womenswear – Richard Quinn for Richard Quinn
- British Designer of the Year Menswear – Craig Green for CRAIG GREEN
- British Designer of the Year Womenswear – Clare Waight Keller for Givenchy
- Isabella Blow Award – Mert & Marcus
- Outstanding Achievement Award – Miuccia Prada
- Designer of the Year – Pierpaolo Piccioli for Valentino
- 2018 Trailblazer – Kim Jones
Congratulations to all the winners!
Images courtesy of Getty Images/REX/PA Images
What do you think of the looks from night? Who do you think was best dressed? Let us know in the comments below