The “Hard” pop singer went super soft and bright for a recent shoot for Seventeen magazine. Pairing lime green eyes and peach lips, Rihanna looks summer ready and hot. If you want to steal her look, I’ve got a break down that will take you less than 10 minutes. This look also works on our range of skin tones so even if you’re more Kelly than Beyonce, you can work it on out.
1. Start with freshly cleansed, toned, moisturized skin as well as properly groomed brows. I can’t stress enough how much beautiful skin (and eyebrows) make for even more beautiful makeup.
2. If you’re pressed for time, skip foundation and just apply concealer where you need it and set with loose powder. Try Becca Compact Concealer and Fine Loose Finishing Powder. 2 mins.
3. To really get the lime green color to pop, apply a greenish-gold base like Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in #11 Gold. Not up for the bold color? Use a neutral base like Urban Decay Primer Potion.
Using an eyeshadow brush like MAC #224, apply a sheer wash of a lime green eyeshadow like MAC Eyeshadow in Bitter on the bottom lid. If you want the hint of orange Rihanna has in her eyeshadow, first apply a light dusting of an orange shadow like MAC Eyeshadow in Orange in the crease then add the lime green shadow on the lid. Blend where the two colors meet in quick circular motions being careful not to “muddy” the two colors. If you’re fine with just the lime green, you’re good to go. Apply a matte highlight shade on your brow bone about 1-2 shades lighter than your skin tone. Then apply 2-3 coats of mascara (try Rimmel Glam’Eyes Lash Flirt Mascara) 5 mins.
4. Apply an orange blush to the cheeks like Korres #44 Orange Blush. Don’t be afraid of an orange blush like this one—our range of tones can carry the pigment quite beautifully. Less than 1 min.
5. Last a creamy coral-peach lipstick like Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté in #15 Extreme Coral. Less than 1 minute.
And you’re done!
Tools of the Trade:
What do you think of Rihanna’s look? Have questions? Drop them in the comments or contact me.
Pssst, if you like her dress, we found Rihanna’s wearing this $358 BCBG MAXAZRIA Spring Runway Dress:
Get it here.