Lauren London showed off her gorgeous face at the premiere of Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Big Happy Family wearing a makeup look that doesn’t require a ton of product. The only “color” products you need is a matte eyeshadow 2-3 shades darker than your skin tone, a matte shadow about your 1-2 shades lighter, a shimmery gold highlighter or shadow, liner, and nude gloss. Add a coral blush if you have darker skin.
1. Start with properly cleansed, toned, and moisturized skin. Be sure your brows are groomed. Apply a sheer foundation like Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer or if you need a little more coverage and want to control shine, try Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet Mattifying Foundation.
2. Apply an eyeshadow base like MAC Paint or a primer like Urban Decay Primer Potion to ensure shadow stays put.
3. Dust the lighter matte shadow on your brow bone area with an eyeshadow blending brush like MAC #224. Then take the darker matte shade and apply it on the lid and into the crease with a dense blending brush like MAC #217. Line your eyes with a black eye pencil like Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in Mat Black (it’s waterproof so will be virtually smudgeproof). Dot the gold highlighter (can be highlighting powder, luminizer, or a gold shimmery eyeshadow) in the inner corners of the eyes.
Apply 2-3 coats of mascara and optionally a pair of lashes like Ardell Fashion Lashes Demi Wispies. Need help applying fake lashes? See Big, Flirty Lashes.
4. Take the darker matte shadow and sweep it in the hollows of the cheeks with a fan or large fluffy brush. Then take the gold highlighter shade and apply it to the apples of the cheeks with a blush brush. If you have darker skin, use a coral blush like Cargo Blush in Key Largo. Gently blend where the two colors meet being careful not to muddy the colors but also making sure there aren’t obvious lines.
5. Apply a nude gloss (find your nude here). Get your makeup to stay put with a few spritzes of Ben Nye Final Seal Matte Makeup Spray.
Tools of the Trade:
Images via Getty