• Kim and Kanye‘s wedding is fast approaching, and while most of us won’t be invited, it’s fun to think of what we would give the happy pair on their big day. WWD asked a few designers what they might gift the newlyweds. On the list? A golden statue of the couple to be put on display in Versailles from Stephane Rolland; a collection of summer dresses for little Nori from Alber Elbaz, a vase covered in breasts from Jonathan Adler, and anonymity from the folks at Margiela… although I’m not sure that the most RELEVANT COUPLE OF ALL TIME would want to be anonymous. Being well-known is kind of the point, right? (WWD)
• Joy Bryant is the latest celebrity to launch… you guessed it–a clothing line! She and her husband, stuntman David Pope (no realtion to Olivia, obvs,) have funded Basic Terrain, a range of women’s staples. Actually, the pair convereted their dining room into their design studio–and Pope has real-life sweing skills. Who’d a thunk? The DNA of the line starts with fisherman-inspired wrap pants, which come in six washes and two different styles. The pants come in only two sizes, thanks to the adjustable nature of the piece. “I think that it’s more comfortable and chic than a skinny jean, and to see that someone who is a size 4 and someone who is a size 12 can wear the same pant and both look awesome is great,” Bryant said. They also plan to add skirt and top options to the line, and add fleece, leather, and wool materials to their repetoire. The piece wholesale between $67.50 to $84, and they’ve already shopped the line to Intermix, Curve, Ron Herman, and Neiman Marcus.
• Kate Moss‘s Topshop collaboration is back! 4 years ago, the retailer nixed the project, but now Kate’s coming through with a whole crop of pieces bearing her signature supermodel style, and she’s giving us a first look at the collection in Vogue UK’s May issue. Moss is a contributing editor at the mag, and is featured on the cover (for the 35th time) rocking a beaded fringed jacket form the range. The accompanying spread features model Freja Beha Erichsen, also styled in pieces from the forthcoming collection, which will drop April 30th. What do you think so far of this sneak peek? (Vogue UK
• Nike and A.P.C. are getting together again this spring, with plans to release a navy version of the athletic brand’s Air Max 1 shoe. The kicks will come in mens and women’s sizes, and will be available in stores and online for $120. (Stylefile)
• Nike’s also collaborating with Liberty London once again, and their selection of pretty printed sneakers and will be out April 7th in London, with the global launch coming exactly a month later. (Telegraph)
• Nicki Minaj has added swimwear to her KMart line, so if you’re not into paying Herve Leger prices for something you’re just going to get wet, now you’ve got some similar, more affordable options. Thanks auntie Onika! The five suits are priced at $35, and will be available at KMart and ShopYourWay.com (Fashion Bomb Inbox)