Bonjour Beauty Bombers!
It’s Eileen here with another Beauty Tuesday!
Today we’re going to talk about how to get bangin’ eye lashes:
Full, gorgeous lashes make your eyes pop and are the cherry on top of a beautiful look.
Getting the long lash look isn’t hard–and thankfully we found ways for you to get fabulashes at every budget!
1. Lash Conditioners: Just like skin, hair and lashes need to be conditioned to grow healthy and long.
Splurge: Use a small amount ofÂ RevitalashÂ® once a day to achieve the natural beauty of longer, thicker, fuller looking eyelashes ($135 at www.skinstore.com):
Save: Give your lashes a boost with Global Goddess Coconut Amla Lash & Brow Conditioner. This can be worn alone or under your favorite mascara, and is fragrance free (perfect for contact lens wearers). ($28 atÂ www.globalgoddessbeauty.com)
2. Luscious Lengthening Mascara: Pump some volume into your natural lashes with thickening mascara.
Splurge: Tarte Mascara Lights is aptly called the ‘push up bra’ for eyelashes thanks to its volumizing properties. The 4-in-1 (lengthening, curling, volumizing and conditioning) mascara is dermatologist recommended and clinically tested to give dramatic, thick, sexy lashes. ($18 at www.drugstore.com)
Save: Get a similar look for less with Maybelline Great Lash Washable Mascara in Blackest Black. Its lash doubling formula glides on smooth to build great-looking lashes, and its brush makes it easy to get a full look. ($5 at www.walgreens.com).
3. Fake Eyelashes: Still can’t get the look you want to achieve? Glue on a pair of fake lashes for an eye popping look.
Splurge: Dress up your eyes in a blink with Trish McEvoy’s new Eye Lashes. Perfectly shaped to create a defined yet natural lash line, they are easy to apply and will instantly glamorize your look. ($16 at Saks Fifth Avenue)
Save: Sephora Brand False Eye Lashes are a great alternative and can still achieve the same look. The collection includes classic black to foil finishes so youâ€™re sure to take your look to the next level. You can get your eyelash fix for as little as $2 at www.sephora.com:
4. Lash Extensions: If youâ€™re a glam girl whoâ€™s not scared to splurge, then Lash Extensions are for you.
Ultimate Splurge: Lash Boutique in NYC is amazing! www.lashboutique.com . Each false lash is applied with adhesive to your natural lashes and lasts for up to 4 weeks when cared for correctly. Get a pro to hook you up for about $300 a set!
Purchase a few items here:
Go forth and get fabulous!
* Loving Janelle Monae’s lashes from Yesterday’s Post?
Get her look with these tips!
1. Use a liquid liner like MAC’s Boot Black to line the upper lid and follow with a pencil liner for the lower lid and corners of the eye.
2. Curl lashes with an eyelash curler like Tweezerman Classic Lash Curler.
3. Finish by applying your favorite mascara that adds volume and length like Maybelline XXL Volume + Length Microfiber Mascara to top and bottom lashes.