Prabal Gurung is all about empowering women through clothes: strength and confidence are two feelings he hopes to evoke with his designs. His Fall 2017 was in line with that courageous and fierce sensibility, even displaying his support of women, the LGBTQ community, and immigrants in the U.S. as he is a native of Nepal himself.
And the hair was as powerful as the looks that glided down the runway: a modern take on the classic ponytail. Hair was tousled and textured in the back, while the front was clean in contrast. A perfect blend of femininity and masculinity. Here, the steps to recreate the look by stylist Anthony Turner:
1. Prep your hair with a lift spray, like this product from WELLA. Layer the spray densely all over your tresses and then use a dryer. The Hot Tools Tourmaline Turbo Ionic Dryer is on our radar this season!
2. Once everything is dry, use a paddle brush to smooth your hair out. Then, create a very deep side part on the left.
3. Next, rub some texturing paste into your crown for the ultimate in sleekness.
4. Then, you’ll want to push the front, right section of your hair towards your face. That will create a small bump in the front. You’ll then want to break up your hair with your fingers for that “lived-in” texture.
5. Pull your hair back into a tight ponytail in the dead center of the back of your head.
6. Then, wrap strands around a curling iron in different directions. You can then rub the same spray you used before into the ponytail to break it up.
7. Last, spray some hairspray all over to finish that sleek look. Let it sit for a few minutes, then blow dry it to make sure it holds.
Thoughts on the beauty look for the show?