Anyway, this time of year calls for a little something extra with your makeup, but if you already have your faves there are a few small things you can do to add a little bling to your look.
1. Shimmery Gloss. Add dimension and glimmer to your pucker by applying a sheer shimmery gloss to the center of your lips. You can add this special touch to just about any of your existing lip colors. Two to try? Fashion Fair Lip Teaser in Liquid Silver ($18.00) and MAC Dazzleglass in Spanking Rich ($19.50).
2. Chunky Glitter Nail Polish Top Coats. If you already have a collection of red, berry, and navy lacquer, just add a coat of a polish like Sephora by OPI Top Coat in Flurry Up ($9) or Milani Jewel Fix Nail Lacquer in Gems ($4.99). Glitter top coats are also great to hide chips from days-old manicures.
3. Golden Highlights. Dust bronzer or highlighting powder on the tops of your cheeks, the inner corners of the eyes, the bridge of your nose, the bow of your lip, or your décolletage for a gorgeous subtle glow. Get the look with Urban Decay Baked Bronzer ($26), Black Radiance Artisan Color Baked Bronzer in Gingersnap ($4.99), or try a loose powder like Make Up For Ever Diamond Powder ($24).
4. Get Glowing Skin. Since colder and drier temps can slow down the skin’s natural renewal process, dead skin cells don’t get shed as quickly as they normally would causing the skin to look dull and lifeless. Boost radiance with an antioxidant rich scrub like The Body Shop Vitamin C Facial Cleansing Polish ($16) or try a chemical exfoliant like Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Visible Skin Renewer ($42.50)
5. Bling Out Your Hair. You can totally have a Beyoncé moment by tossing a little shimmer powder like LUSH Lustre Dusting Powder ($14.95; it’s jasmine scented, can also be used as eyeshadow, and it’s Vegan) into the air and then gliding through it. It’s a nice way to add some vintage glamour to your ‘do no matter the length or texture.
Where to Buy:
Which looks will you be trying this holiday season?