July 16th, 2014
Fashion, Fashion News
By Mikelle

kim-kardashian-look-alike

• In a real life incarnation of “Keeping Up with the Kardashians,” a woman spent around $30,000 to look like Kim Kardashian West. Claire Leeson whitened her teeth, purchased butt pads, and underwent plastic surgery to resemble the sultry Armenian starlet.  Though the looks may have come easily, the cash didn’t–the 33-year-old is now in debt. Hmm… (The Daily Mail)
  • Derek Jeter is the man everyone looks to in the new Re2pect collection from the Nike Jordan brand.  Jay Z, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Carmelo Anthony, Spike Lee, and others all tip their hats to the baseball player as he embarks on his last season. (The Hollywood Reporter)

Anna Wintour, editor-in-chief at American Vogue magazine, le

• In case wearing Armani isn’t enough, the designer is launching his own residences in Miami.  Expected to open in 2016, the designer has tapped the architect of the World Financial Center in New York to design a 60-story oceanfront tower in Sunny Isles Beach. “On a project like this, where we have the benefit of partnering with a talented architect like Cesar Pelli, we get the opportunity to create something really very special — a remarkable living space, imbued with the spirit of modern elegance,”  Armani said of the project. (WWD)

style14u-2-web

• A boutique in Harlem will be the subject of the new “B.O.R.N. to Style” TV show on FYI Network on Tuesday.  The shop, called B.O.RN — which is short for borrowed, old, refurbished, new — is known for transforming the looks of every day people, and will be bringing some of the magic to the 14-episode series. “It’s really transforming people’s lives and their perceptions on what they feel and think about themselves,” said Jonathan Bodrick, the owner of the shop. (NY Daily News)
  • natalie-massenet-glamour-23rd-annual-women-of-the-year-awards
  • Net-A-Porter is being accused of dodging taxes by the British news.  Channel 4 News ran an exposé detailing that though the company made £425 million one year, they posted a loss of £24.7 million.  Through clever maneuvering — in this case it seems that the company employs a practice of paying top executives in shares — the company joins other corporate giants including Dolce & Gabbana who have been accused of tax evasion.  Net-A-Porter’s actions are seemingly legal, however, working through a loophole in the law. (The Daily Mail)

21 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Woman Spends $30,000 To Look Like Kim Kardashian, Jay Z and Michael Jordan Appear In Derek Jeter’s Nike Ad, and Net-A-Porter Accused of Tax Evasion”

1. Angel says:

That’s so freaking sad…and I’m sure she was probably a beautiful before all of her surgery. I understand idolizing whoever you want for whatever reasons but to put yourself in debt because of it? It’s just sad…

2. Jenn says:

This is a reputable FASHION website. Why is this sad person even a story on Fashionbombdaily.com?

3. Taye says:

Wow Unbelievable. SMH

4. CheriV says:

That’s probably about the same amount Kim Kardashian paid to look like Kim Kardashian…

HAHA @CheriV!!

6. MeekaG says:

she looks more like mj from shahs of sunset

hahahahahahah @CheriV

8. S says:

Wow, there are some DEEPLY troubled people in the world. Surgery to look like your favorite celeb?? Girlfriend’s issues run Way deeper than her bank account.

Oh and I’m looking forward to seeing the B.O.R.N. reality show. I’m curious to see the style transformations on the show.

@CheriV, you took the words right out of my mouth. Anyways, FBD please bring back some of your old post types. FBD is starting to read, for me, as a gossip column.

10. jeda says:

woops, lol @CheriV

11. Hater says:

@CheriV – Guuurl, you aint lied! LOL, she’s a sad individual nevertheless!

12. Anna says:

Lol @ CheruB

But as usual, any excuse to post something, anything about Kim Kartrashian. Smh…nothing to do with fashion.

Kim Kardashian doesn’t even look like Kim Kardashian so what is she doing?

14. melissica style says:

She was a pretty girl befor the surgey now you are just stupid to pay all that money to look like kim k she be out there trying make that money back some how it is horrible that her selfsream smh but she debt lol to funny

15. lolani says:

girl this is kardashian bomb daily you aint know? lol….some of the content is still good so I still check it just less often…I dont know why I just notice a shift that has turned me off from blogs before

16. Odelia Johnathan says:

Anonymous: “Kim Kardashian doesn’t even look like Kim Kardashian so what is she doing?”

LOL… I agree with you. What a pathetic person she is now. Pity you girl..

17. binks says:

She could have gave that 30k to me because she do not look at Kim. But I won’t go in on her to hard because clearly she has self-esteem issues, I am pretty sure she looked much better before all of these surgeries…smh

18. Melissa says:

Things like this usually don’t bother me, but I just paid my monthly student loan and lawwwwd I wish I had access to 30k. Sally Mae would have to back all. the. way. up.

Oh how I love B.O.R.N. Can’t wait for the next episode. :)