July 7th, 2014
Celebrity Style, Ciara, Hair
Hot! or Hmm…: Ciara’s Dreadlocked Hairstyle

Ciara took to Instagram over the weekend to debut a new ‘do: dreadlocks.
Ciara dreadlocks
Her faux coils are about waist length, and are tressed in blond and brown tones.
4 Ciara dreadlocks

Singers change their looks all the time, but while braids are de rigeur, not too many go the locked route.
3 Ciara dreadlocks

I’m definitely not used to seeing her this way, but think she looks beautiful. One of her followers said she looked like Lisa Bonet. I can see that.
2 Ciara dreadlocks

What do you think of her post baby look?

Ciara dreadlocks

Posted In
39 comments

39 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Ciara’s Dreadlocked Hairstyle”

1. CheriV says:

I love dreads but hers really don’t look good. They’re too big and synthetic looking. I wish they were done better because dreads are a nice, easy post baby hairstyle.

I love locks, but I am not here for the faux lock trend.

3. TomTom says:

Ciara…stop it right now. They look so big and synthetic

4. jeda says:

Rihanna has done a faux locked look before too. I love it, it looks great on Ci and Rih. I would try it myself.
    Blessings

5. Mimi says:

In that setting they look good

6. Anon says:

Def a hmm for me

7. Ashley says:

I agree that if they were smaller they would look better. But she is gorgeous!

8. T says:

Sorry ri-ri did this already …

9. dyshaun says:

I cant even comment after reading sorry Ri-ri did this already…wtf. LOLOLOL

10. Jaleesa says:

Yea I remember when we did it back when she was on Insta..lol gosh I miss my badgalriri..come bAck on Insta Rih

11. Jaleesa says:

I mean * when Rih did it

12. SMV says:

NO… Although i do like pic #3 and thats because she reminds me of lisa bonet in that particular shot

Riri? She started synthetic locs lmaooo Melissa sit down and quit hating

She looks great and turned it per usual

Lady gaga did dreads before rihanna lmaooo

And they’re meant to look synthetic they’re her alternative to braids with newfound motherhood and deciding to do album #6 so she’s not going to the salon biweekly .. She’s not really locing

And I meant Gwen stefani not gaga* I knew some blonde did them in the 2000s

18. lolani says:

I think she looks pretty but it is kinda creepy to me like she is so in love she is trying to become him lol its strange but she looks pretty with the hairstyle

19. binks says:

I think she looks cute. But something is slightly off with Ciara’s loc, I don’t know if they are too big for her or if it is the color. I think I might get faux locs next summer as a protective style. But I look the look on her, she is giving me Lisa Bonet vibes in some of the pictures.

20. Southern says:

Grow your own

21. Shelly says:

I think she looks absolutely beautiful. I’m usually not a fan of these because they are synthetic, and the way they are styled (wrapping around as opposed to braiding or twisting, they give off a super shiny (synthetic) look. Nonetheless, I think they help give her a natural glow, and look WAAAAAAYYYYYYY better than the lacefronts.

22. Abbey says:

Hmm…she looks lovely, but I do take a little bit of an exception to the concept of synthetic locks! The history of locks and dreadlocks is so rich that it does bother me a little to see false dreads. She’s beautiful as always though!

23. Lanatria says:

who cares if Rih had them ?! WHOOPI BEEN HAD EM !! Its a beautiful style that pays homage to the natural loc style .i have them …and i love them !! and i had real locs as well .support our black sisters n brothers dont tear them down !! #sssshhhthenaysayers

24. Frost says:

Faux dreadlocks just seems so….odd to me. I’m not an expert or anything, but I always knew dreadlocks as one of the most well known natural hairstyles for black women, and for Ciara to have fake ones is just… :\ It’s like she’s saying, I’m too lazy and rich to have natural ones so I’ll just plop fake ones on my head for hundreds of dollars.

25. Kat says:

Erykah Badu had fake locs back in the day. People were really disappointed. I like this style because it’s not like she is trying to fake like she has been growing them for years- they are *obvious* extensions.

26. Word says:

I’m really surprised. FYI: Dread is negative. They are Locks. Not Dread Locks.

27. Cmbrown827 says:

I completely those she was Lisa Bonet @ first glance!

28. shoni13 says:

Omg….some people take some things wayyy too serious. It’s. Just. A. Hairstyle. There are so many miserable people in this world and it shows in their comments. I think she looks gorgeous.

29. Grace says:

Funny, I grew my own locs fom my scalc #shrugs #ijs

30. Women get a little ding a ling and they lose their entire identity.

31. Melissa P. says:

Anyone knows someone that does these in brooklyn?!??!

32. Trina says:

So royal hair , at Melissa P. Check her instragram.

33. Lola Reggy says:

I LOVE IT!!! But this girl don’t need much, she’s so gorgeous, almost no make-up and too much fuss. She looks like Benet, true! I think it suits her just fine. And I really like that darkgreen Obsession sweater, where is it from!!! Want that!!!

34. Enigma says:

I’m surprise that some people have a problem with fake locs and not fake afros. Also, no one commented on the Fashion Bombshell of the day and her fake locs.
    Ciara looks cute.

35. S says:

I think she looks cute. Fake or not they look good on her. I agree with a previous comment, it’s just a hairstyle it’s not that serious. Also, what if someone wanted to actually do their hair like this for real. Well, here’s a way to get a feel for the look before you commit to it. Personally, I am not a fan of the style, but I do think She looks good with it.

36. Keeks says:

To me the journey of locing your hair should be a natural and spiritual one. Locs have always been a reflection of people’s religious/ spiritual beliefs, then they became trendy and now people are missing the point COMPLETELY by getting fake locs. I think its just as offensive as Pharell wearing a Native American headdress– its using somebody’s cultural/spiritual symbolism for fashion.

37. Inda Cut says:

Them shits look tacky as fuck you can tell whoever put them extensions in were rushing because of the photoshoot…just like Rihanna’s fake dreads

38. Scooby says:

She looks amazing, faux or not… if she went for the European typical straight hair, permed her hair to extinction people probably would applaud. ciara looks amazing, do your thang sister.

She looks ridiculous!
    Faux Locks are a disgrace.
    Pure Trash.