July 7th, 2014
Claire's Life, Fashion News, Shopping, Style Diary

Ready for my final Style Diary from NOLA?
So on Day 3 of the Essence Music Festival, I got rid of the jackets and heels (thank GOD!) and went for cool comfort in a Current Elliott Perfect Denim Shirt and a Milly skater skirt:
claire sulmers current elliott denim shirt milly skirt aminah jillil sandals
I hit Bourbon street for a spell, and stayed comfortable in Aminah Abdul Jillil flats.
2  claire sulmers current elliott denim shirt milly skirt aminah jillil sandals
I stashed my Covergirl gloss in a Chanel bag from A Second Chance, and even tried a fishbowl to quench my thirst!
3  claire sulmers current elliott denim shirt milly skirt aminah jillil sandals
A trip to New Orleans isn’t quite complete without trying some sort of sweet, preferably frozen cocktail as you hit the streets;)
Then I was off to the Covergirl Day party to capture street style (see it here). I didn’t get the all white memo for the party (my bad), but I did pause to snap pix with Lance Gross, Bevy Smith, and Emil Wilbekin before watching Common tear up the stage:
3  claire sulmers current elliott denim shirt milly skirt aminah jillil sandals lance gross
Common essence day party 2014 essence music festival
claire sulmers emilk wilbekin bevy smith essence music festival 2014
After a nap and some blogging, I went out that night to a Grey Goose party, hosted by QTip, and wore the all white outfit I should’ve reserved for earlier that day: a Shop Candy Bomb Iman tee, J Brand Jeans, Versace sandals, and Moschino and Chanel belts:
claire sulmers shop candy bomb t-shirt j brand jeans moschino belt versace sandals givenchy clutch
grey goose party eiffel society new orleans
After snapping pix with Chenoa Maxwell, Common, and QTip, I decided to call it a night!
claire sulmers qtip shop candy bomb
claire sulmers chenoa maxwell 2014 essence music festival
claire and common shop candy bomb tee
The weekend is always super busy, but it’s also a great time.
Hope you enjoyed these instances from my life and the street style we culled from Essence Music Festival!
Images: Karl Pierre
**Just got these pictures! Thanks to @ThaMakeupArtist for beating my face, using Covergirl Products!
8  claire sulmers tha makeup artist covergirl .jpg

claire sulmers tha makeup artist covergirl
Someone asked about my lipstick. She used both a lipstick and gloss, including Covergirl’s Colorlicious 710 in Berrylicious.

26 Responses to “Claire’s Life: The 2014 Essence Festival Day 3; The Covergirl Day Party + Grey Goose with QTip and Common”

Lovely looks claire! Werrrrk!

2. Bada**dimples says:

U look good Claire

3. Shelly says:

I LOVE the first outfit. The simple/casual denim shirt paired with the sexy leather skirt and fun/accented sandals are a perfect combo! And the cut/fit of everything complements your shape. One of the best outfits I’ve seen you in thus far =)

4. bukky says:

This is the best outfit I have seen you in. Not to be mean, your outfits usually look forced and the silhouettes never looks right on you. This a-line leather skirt is working wonders for your proportion, and you look very comfortable too.

5. Ava says:

I’m here for Q-tip and that guy with the beard in the denim jacket! Scrumptious!:) Loved the denim shirt and leather skater skirt on you Claire. Looks like you had a great time! I’ve got to get down to New Orleans soon!

6. k says:

You look cute Claire, especially the first look. Mama getting them coins I see! She draped up and dripped out in the second look. Keep making moves Claire, u are inspiration and motivation.

I see Chenoa

8. googoo says:

Why must people post comments of likeness towards Claire weaved between negative comments? You either like it or you don’t. It sounds fickle and really just translates to “you look good this time but usually you don’t,” and it sounds really ugly. Really would you want anyone saying that to you or anyone you care about? Gosh!

9. Mary says:

What lipstick are u wearing on ur lips in the denim/ leather outfit

10. Brittany says:

That black skirt and flats was the best look of this Essence Fest thus far. Such a great silhouette.

11. toots says:

@googoo u mary mary sis / stylist ne claire u losing weight nolo looks good on u go girl

12. also one of the best outfits I have seen you in as well.Yes,flats are fashionable too. :)

13. Ramona says:

Claire…I need that belt in my life where did you get it from?

14. Bee. says:

Claire, you rocked the whole weekend!! Those AAJ flats are everything!

15. Mrs.L says:

Although this is a fashion site…. I’m here for my husband in my head Yummy… Lance. Claire can you make him a guest blogger, can you stalk him? Lol.

16. Enigma says:

Claire you looked fab in both fits but the denim and leather was a definite hit. Looked like fun times all around.

17. CS says:

This is a fashion blog. It is to be expected that the site visitors will comment either positively or negatively on the clothing posted no matter who is wearing them.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and just because someone honestly dislikes a few items Claire has worn in the past doesn’t mean that person is being “mean,” “ugly,” or “fickle.” What is the issue with saying “hey, you look great in that although I don’t always care for some of your choices.”

Claire is an adult as are many of the women who submit to the fashion bombshell of the day and they know (or at least should know) what is to be expected when putting their photos out into the world ON A FASHION BLOG.

18. The truth says:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, I don’t get why it’s necessary to state that you like a current outfit AND also that you didn’t like a previous outfit. Why not just comment on what’s in front of you? No need to dredge up old news. That said, I like the silhouette of the first outfit. I’d prefer the second outfit with a skater skirt, loose shorts, or a pencil skirt with a slit. The hair and face look absolutely gorgeous in both sets.

19. Choco aka Hippie says:

Cute looks Claire.

20. Deedee says:

Claire you look insanely cute, esp. in 1st outfit. I was wondering about the fit of the sandal. I want to order a pair but my feet run wide. Are they particularly narrow? I was worried about the strap across the toe bed. Any tip from you or others who have worn them would be very helpful. Thanks :)

21. Deedee says:

BTW I’m referring to the Aminah Abdul Jillil flats.

22. Claire says:

@DeeDee I wear a 9 1/2 and have a size 10 (she doesn’t do half sizes). I wouldn’t say they’re narrow, but I’d say they’re a little big on me. I think I might’ve sized down had I known. But aside from that, the width is great. Very comfy and I got lots of compliments! xo

23. SMV says:

Claire looks totally amazing in the black skirt. it accentuates her waist(which is snatched!huhnee) and her legs.. she just looks young, fresh, cute,sexy…the jeans idk if its the cut or what they are not as flattering- at least not in these pictures. and that’s just the truth. but at the end of the day claire is her own person she can wear whatever she wants long as she is happy.

24. fashion is life~ says:

Look your looks Claire! Also your skin is flawless!!

25. YES CLAIRE YOU BETTER WORK!