July 4th, 2014
Claire's Life, Fashion News, Style Diary

Happy Friday!
So I’m down in New Orleans for the Essence Music Festival with Covergirl!
Essence Music Festival Day 1- #EasyBreezyStyle with Covergirl, Makeup by Sam Fine, and a #GirlsCan Dinner with Janelle Monae and Soledad O'Brian claire sulmers
The beauty brand tapped me and two other digital media mavens to be an Ambassador for the New American Makeup collection! As such, I’m documenting how to create new fabulous makeup looks using iconic Covergirl products.
My EMF adventure began yesterday with a makeup application by beauty Guru Sam Fine. You have no idea how excited I was to have him touch my face!
_-9-Essence-Music-Festival-Day-1--#EasyBreezyStyle-with-Covergirl,-Makeup-by-Sam-Fine,-and-a-#GirlsCan-Dinner-with-Janelle-Monae-and-Soledad-O'Brian
He created a simple smoky look with a nude lip using Queen Collection All-Day Flawless Soft Copper Q830 foundation and highlighting under my eyes with Queen Collection All-Day Flawless Q815. He added a dash of sparkle with TruMagic Luminizer, smoked out my eyes using Eye Enhancers 4-Kit Shadow in Prima Donna 278, and finished with Outlast Lip Color in Twilight Coffee 760 on my lips.
claire sulmers sam fine covergirl easy breezy style
sam fine beauty covergirl new american collection essence music festival claire sulmers
After glam with Sam, I had the chance to chat with CoverGirl Janelle Monae!
_Claire-sulmers-janelle-monae-covergirl-essence-music-festival
In addition to lending her lovely visage to Covergirl ads, she, along with Ellen Degeneres, Queen Latifah, Sofia Vergara, Katy Perry, and many more are participating in a #GirlsCan initiative, focused on Female Empowerment. See a quick video about it below:

At any rate, it’s been a pretty dern fabulous start to my trip!
_essence-music-festival-covergirl-sam-fine-ground-zero-stuart-weitzman-nudist-sandals
I’m rushing to get more Glam from Sam right now, then am gonna snap some Street Style. Be sure to check back in later today for more instances from Essence Music Festival.
Essence Music Festival Day 1- #EasyBreezyStyle with Covergirl, Makeup by Sam Fine, and Talking #GirlsCan with Janelle Monae claire sulmers fashion bomb daily

Smootches!
*I’m wearing a skirt and jacket by Ground Zero and Stuart Weitzman Nudist Sandals.

14 Responses to “Essence Music Festival Day 1: #EasyBreezyStyle with Covergirl, Makeup by Sam Fine, and Talking #GirlsCan with Janelle Monae”

1. tt says:

now thats a bombshell. beautiful. i love that you paired your busy skirt and jacket with simplicity (i.e. the shoes. the black crop and simple makeup) in addition, i’m also digging the new do. I love how you show so many style options for locs. keep it up.

2. Brittany says:

Love the curls and soft makeup!

3. ST says:

So proud of you Claire!! Rock on babygirl!

4. Candi says:

I like the curls on you. You look super cute. Will you cover the places you stay and eat while in New Orleans?

5. Nakia P says:

As usual, beautiful Claire

6. Saliha says:

You look beautiful. You are definitely a fashion bombshell. WORK………

You are werking it Claire! But how the hell did you survive NO dressed like that. I went 2 years ago and was sweating bullets (gross, lol).

8. SonyLoren says:

So happy for you! And truly proud….CoverGirl couldn’t have chosen a better ambassador for their New American Makeup collection! What a huge moment to have Sam Fine as your makeup artist. Well done, Claire!

You look pretty and your legs are great in that skirt! I wish I was there, maybe next year! Sounds like fun.

10. southern says:

That N.O. humidity? how did those curls stay? tell me your secrets?!

11. ShayShay says:

hair and outfit are to die for! love it!

12. dyshaun says:

This is how a top blogger DOES shit. Please own your badazz. THANK YOU.

13. Danielle says:

Hi
    Fab look as always – for a moment i thought you were in Long Street Cape Town South Africa :)

14. adann says:

Elegant Style Pink Green Chiffon Dress With Belt
    Cherry dress featuring concise pieces with feminine shape. Look out for feminine detailing, statement jackets and covetable range of chiffon including cute chiffon shorts.