July 3rd, 2014
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: LeDonna from Chicago

Reader LadyWone wrote in on yesterday’s Bombshell post, saying, “I submitted my pictures (a lot of pictures) I am not afraid of these young people. I welcome the challenge I can tell they are young from the rude comments that have been made on past nominations. I think this is almost like amateur night at Showtime at the Apollo.” I wrote her back saying we’d feature her this week. So I present you Ledonna from Chicago:
ledonna from new orleans
She wrote, “ Age:40.”
ledonna from chicago
” Occupation: Network Engineer.”

090  ledonna from chicago
” Passion: helping people choose the clothing that makes them feel special.”

5  ledonna from chicago
“…From the thrift stores.”

3  ledonna from chicago
” Church: yes.”

0 0  ledonna from chicago
” Work: yes.”

2  ledonna from chicago
” Relationship: yes.”

6  ledonna from chicago
More here:
0  ledonna from chicago

0  ledonna from chicago

ledonna from chicago

ledonna from chicago
Work! I applaud your confidence and courage. I tend to go for more simple ensembles, so your more pared down looks are my favorites.
What do you think?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits (no collages) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
57 comments

57 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: LeDonna from Chicago”

1. Adara says:

I don’t really like it but I applaud her individuality. Do your thing!

2. Natasha says:

She’s a happy bunny, isn’t she? Voted hits ‘n misses but really liked her take on the floral pants with camo. Prefer when she shows her hair. Mostly love the fact she’s a fellow nerd #unite

3. lulu says:

no , no , no

4. Fay says:

This is a Shakespearian modern day tragedy. I applaud her confidence, but in no way shape or form is this a bombshell. She’s more than a $1 short.

5. Fashifa says:

It’s good to be confident in yourself, but you also have to be realistic. She should heed Coco Chanel’s advice& take at least one thing off prior to leaving the house.. In her case, several things.

6. JusRai says:

I can tell she is full of personality, but not feeling those outfits at all. When will people realize LESS IS MORE. That is all..

I love her energy!

8. dyshaun says:

That spirit and smile is infectious even if her style is not.

9. POW says:

Good for her for submitting. Not a bombshell though.

10. LeDonna says:

Thanks everyone for your feedback I truly appreciate it and yes I am a nerd at the highest level, loud, boisterous and loving life and this is just a sample and not a sum total of who I am. Clothing is supposed to be fun and fluid which means ever changing and ever evolving which is what and who I am. The good thing about fashion or style is that it is subjective. What feeds my soul might not necessarily feed your soul. I knew this when I submitted my pictures for this site. I always see cookie cutter images and I just wanted to bring a different perspective. I enjoy everything I wear and I wear it with confidence so it is all good. Thank you again I appreciate all who took the time to vote and leave comment good bad and indifferent. At the end of the day I was bold enough to submit and brash enough to submit. Have a great day everyone.

11. Yolanda Mcmillan says:

love it love it love it! I love her confidence, her uniqueness, and her fashion sense. Where most folk live and die by the “latest” fashion, LeDonne lives by what makes her feel good. Most folk are afraid to be their true selves, not LeDonna. I think her style is hip, hot, and happin! You go girl!

12. ladywone says:

AKA LeDonna

13. jeda says:

She predicted this. But its a no for the fashion, but a yes for that confidence.
    Blessings

14. Brittany says:

This is a mess, literally. Normally there is something redeeming about the submission’s attire. A few nice pieces here and there. Maybe they got the fit right, but the shoes were wrong. There is nothing here that’s fashionable. Like I’m surprised she’s been following this site since the beginning and didn’t learn anything along the way.

Love the black tube dress and brown turban combo. So chic

16. Ozell says:

Continue to do you. Enjoy what makes YOU happy. Stand out stand strong

17. ladywone says:

@ Brintany, This is type of criticisms I am talking about if you can’t say anything even constructive criticisms then just don’t say it. Sometimes I just learned how rude people are but, I knew this when I submitted the pictures so bring it on. I challenge each and everyone of you to submit your pictures. I know this is a urban website but I also know you all go in even on Ms. Clair herself so I expected no less for me.

Blessings be unto you. aka Ledonna

18. Brandon says:

Bye auntie!

19. Jessy says:

Not my cup of tea, BUT you are confident, bold and you look comfortable in your skin, which makes you awesome

20. melissa says:

I’m sorry there is nothing bombshell or inspiritaional about this post. To me a true bombshell makes me want to go out and buy whatever they’re wearing.even if its not my style because they look that amazing. This is just wrong both the clothes and the shoes.

21. Sharon says:

I give this the bomb for fashion and originality. In a world where the select few attempt to set the standard for beauty and acceptability, these pictures say that the wearer will define for herself what the standard of beauty is for herself. I hope these styles give others the courage to do the same.

Wow! Someone really allowed their mother to submit her pictures. Her kids are DEAD WRONG!

23. Brittany says:

Lol. The bombshell of the day is coming for me while half these comments are backhanded; i.e. insults in disguise. Telling someone you “applaud their confidence” is not a positive comment. They are basically saying you are brave for wearing that. It’s the same thing with telling a plus size woman that she has a pretty face or great smile.

I try to leave positive comments when I can and have offered constructive criticism before. I just couldn’t find it in this submission today. Eh, it happens.

24. Hi says:

I laughed for a full ten minutes. Listen I am there with you…39 and proud…and I applaud you for submitting. All that being said I wasn’t feeling it…at all.

25. just came for the laughs says:

lolllllllllllllllllllll

26. Lady,wone says:

@ Clair, thank you for indulging this old lady. I appreciate the work that you and your staff churn out on a daily bases. I am just going to say one last thing for all of you. This was a fashion goal for me something new to try and I did it. Now for those who believe the rude comments will stop me from enjoying what I choose to wear think again. I choose to let my light shine and because I choose to let it shine it just might give others courage to shine as well.

Peace and Blessings be to each and everyone of you.
    AKA Ledonna.

27. Excellent Taste on a Budget!

28. anonymous says:

Ooooweee!!!LaDonna you better get ready cause you gonna be diced, chopped, sliced, purreed etc..today. I’m gonna go on head and give you an A for being brave and submitting but honey these aint it..Xo

29. breana adams says:

I love everything about your unique style! And I can’t wait for you to design me an outfit! You don’t have to have a $1,000,000 to look like it! At the end of the day you got recognition that was awesome enough to make it in fashion bomb daily! They thought you were fabulous enough to be published and you got it! Good job and Congrats!!!! love you!

30. Cynt says:

I love her energy and orginality! She looks happy and full of energy and confidence. I say if it makes you feel good – wear it!

31. Lady,wone says:

@ Clair, thank you for indulging this old lady. I appreciate the work that you and your staff churn out on a daily bases. I am just going to say one last thing for all of you. This was a fashion goal for me something new to try and I did it. Now for those who believe the rude comments will stop me from enjoying what I choose to wear think again. I choose to let my light shine and because I choose to let it shine it just might give others courage to shine as.

Peace and Blessings be to each and everyone of you.
    AKA Ledonna.

32. Blossom says:

Some outfits looked a bit worn and outdated. I love thrift shopping as well, but you must know how to pair it up. That head wrap doesn’t flatter you and jumping may not be a good idea when displaying your outfit. I am so sorry but this isn’t inspiring at all. Also, maybe take off a few layers. Be blessed!

33. Hey yall says:

1st let me start by saying she’s ANNOYING.. Her fashion style is Childish (funny she’s calling other ppl childish) Her Hair is awful and did I say her clothing is childish.. She seems like she the one that needs to grow up and plz dear stop running up and down the post commenting on what other ppl say..

34. DivaFabulosa says:

LaDonna, I love your frohawk(is that a word?) Anyway, love your hair. I do love a lot of the pieces your wearing. For instance, the blue sweater, the black and white striped blazer, and that red clutch! I have nothing negative to say miss Network Engineer. I bet you make more money then most of the people making negative comments. I can tell your fun to be around, your personality shines through the pictures!

Oh no just no !!

36. Tahlyuh says:

You can say what you want about her looks, but it’d be remiss of anyone to say something about her confidence and energy! She’s a standout off of that alone. If you like it LeDonna, I love it.

37. Shani says:

Um…ok, sure.

38. taylor says:

For those who voted bombshell…..really, are we looking at the same pictures. That last picture is a Fashion Bombshell??… We must have different a defenition of the word.

39. Janine says:

I love her spirit!

40. TMK says:

OOOH YOU TRIED IT CLAIRE!!! lol

41. Larose says:

Ooooooooooooooooo noooooooooooooooo!

42. Sarah says:

Love her confidence and energy

43. yes/no says:

Listen hot happening mama,when you drop your pictures here,outside your phone and home you are showing the world who you are,is left for them to say what they THINK NOT WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO THINK OR SAY !
    IF YOU POST YOUR PICS,GO AHEAD AND PUT ON YOUR ELEPHANT SKIN OR DON’T POST AT ALL.YOUR QUESTION AND ANSWER HERE MADE ME FEEL LIKE TRASHING MY DEVICE & NEVER SEE YOUR FACE.VERY VERY CHILDISH IF YOU ASK ME.

Now back to your submission,l can relate to 2 outfit you showed,I love your hair style even though I wished not to but I do.you pictures are super fun when your lips are not voicing your annoying words or should I call it stage one intimidation for some not all which made it possible for everybody to pay extra attention to what you are presenting and picking fault immediately even with the wind direction !

Finally,I vote just FASHION WITHOUT D BOMB.you tried,some of your outfit were really put together perfectly.bye !

44. Bada**dimples says:

1st u do NOT know how to dress , am talking basic dressing … So no u are not a fashion bombshell .. And your rants & replies to other peoples opioion comes across as rather childish & insecure .. If you submitted these pics knowing that you would be criticized why be so resentful … Sorry but not sorry, the crowd maybe young but so are your clothing choices & your tact

45. La Donna you are a beautiful spirit, your energy is jumping off the screen. I am thinking to myself, I want to be her friend. Regarding your style, La Donna I am sorry I got to give it to you raw. You are a hot mess, LOL… please don’t take my words harshly, women like you hire me. I teach you guys how to work with color and silhouette within the first year, you are sailing on your own. Regarding comments, hmmm. La Donna sometimes I have guilt for being honest. But most of the time the voting is pretty on point here. You have an overwhelming 60% No ma’am, that doesn’t happen often. I don’t want to lecture you La Donna but your appearance is extremely important. A major flaw are those cheap shoes. Honey a shoe can make or break and outfit. I know shopping for your size is a challenge, but it can be done. La Donna can you please explain the striped and camo pant. Baby what are you thinking? Girl i want to consult you on how to improve but going back and forth looking at your outfit is giving me a headache. Honey your style is horrible, I suspect no one tells you because you are beautiful inside. No one wants to hurt your feeling. I am in La, I would love to help you. I will even offer a 20% discount.

46. toots says:

I like her confidence but her style less is more the black dress was nice and i would like to see a variety of shoes. She should def stay away from capris because they make her legs looks shorter and the layering makes her look boxy im just being honest she def i a rock star but dark denim and stream lined tops are ur friend

47. LadyLea says:

I get the feeling all the positive comments are from LeDonna herself, this is a tad messy my lady. This doesnt look good at all. confident or Not.

48. Leelee says:

@TheFashionistachic
    Condescending much? I’ve seen you comment on the FBs before, and I must say..it’s hard to believe that you actually have a blog where you conduct business, or whatever it is that you do. If your goal is truly to help (and that’s a big “if”) and not throw shade for a cheap laugh, tact and professionalism can go a long way. I mean, it’s laughable that anyone would read your comments, then visit your site and be expected to take you seriously. I hate when people present themselves as a “brand”, but don’t have the professionalism to back it up! Amateur mistake. You, my dear need a consult on business etiquette. Your comments,(content and grammatical quality) are annoying. I’m done.

49. SHARONGEE says:

I AM FROM CHICAGO TOO…AND THIS IS HOW THEY REALLY DRESS!!! Loud, bold ill fitting, weird proportions and outdated but their personality ALWAYS matches. I gave a Fashion Bomb becuz she look like her closet exploded all over her – Ledonna come back home honey and try again. (Im wondering is this submission is a joke on us?) lol oh well love your spirit LeD!!