July 1st, 2014
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Shanika from Bridgeport

Today’s Bombshell is Shanika from Bridgeport, Connecticut:
shanika from connecticut
She says, “I go by Shoegurlnik on Instagram because I lovee shoes & absolutely love fashion.”
shanika from connecticut
” I’ve always had a driven passion for fashion. Growing up people would always tell me (even today) I should model or style other people just by how I come up with great ideas putting my clothes together.”

shanika from ct 9
” There is no price on style.”

shanika from ct 1
” My style is edgy, creative but also girly with a twist of class at the end.”

shanika from ct 5
” Developing your personal fashion style is a way to express your individuality. Instead of blending in you want people to know who you are and what you stand for.”

shanika from connecticut 3

“I’ve never been big on following crowds I’m not afraid to be myself and go out the box and show people what I’m all about and still stay classy. It’s the best feeling expressing yourself through clothes and whichever Mood I may be in.”

2 shanika from connecticut
” It’s like building your own brand. The clothes you wear say a lot about your personality and lifestyle – and you want to express yourself in a way that is true about you.”

shanika from ct 3
” I would love to be featured on the Fashion Bomb Daily page, thank you guys so much for always keeping me updated in the fashion world. Xxo Shanika.”

shanika from ct 2

You’re very welcome! You’ve got some hot shots. Jazzy and fabulous!
See more on Instagram @Shoegurlnik.
What do you think?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits (no collages) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
35 comments

35 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Shanika from Bridgeport”

1. Choco aka Hippie says:

I think she contradicts herself. Her style is typical.

2. cheeky says:

I agree with Choco and another poster who said that we should remove the option of having a “narrative” with the submissions. Just show the pics because a lot of the time, what they think they are showing, doesn’t match in the slightest with what they say.

3. tahlyuh says:

Reminds me of Instagram.

Beautiful girl.

I agree, the blurbs are superfluous. Let the pictures speak for themselves.

4. Stephane says:

Typical and trendy. Blah. The only picture I was remotely interested in was the red leather jacket, but looks like she was showing off her shoes instead.

5. Jessy says:

Not too bad. I like your use of color!

6. Anon says:

Im sorry, but nothing special.

7. Porsche says:

Not bad. But yet nothing special.

8. jeda says:

Not really here for it. But, I love the glasses in the last shot and I’m feeling that black leather boustier top.
    Blessings

9. Curves says:

I wanted to love her style i mean she’s a beautiful girl and dresses nice but she dresses like every other “high fashion” & her shoe game wasn’t the best

10. anon. says:

found her ig, I see she is a bit flashy about her luxury purchases, it takes away from her fashion. the shoes would be the first thing I see in some pictures. Overall, if they weren’t the focal point, I would give her a thumbs up.

11. Sasha says:

I did not see her as being flashy on ig at all! She is beautiful, body is on point, and her style is cute. As the others say it is very trendy but still clean and dope.

12. Lola Reggy says:

Well I do not see any great ideas. Just old ideas :-(

13. anika says:

i have to agree with most.It’s the same body con crop top wearing trend.Can i see what you wear to church,to your job(corporate)wear..not before and after the club pictures.They say the same thing”i don’t follow trendy’s” but then the outfit is body con dress or crop top outfit.Then to top it off they say they are a avid reader of this blog so you know what the trendy’s are and when you see these post don’t you see the same trendy just in another color.

14. Dreadful Beauty says:

If you don’t like the commentary people add to their pics… scroll past it. Nobody is making you read it, just look at the pics like a preschooler and vote.

15. Bree says:

What has happened to Fashion Bomb? I mean 4 years ago or so none of the girls looked like each other. This is the same thing just a different girl. I think i’m am worn out from the instagram style fashion. What I really hate is when people keep saying “They don’t follow the crowds” yet it looks like the crowds. For once I would like to see someone in a Peter Pan collar or something retro, not retro as 90s inspired retro as 50s or 60s inspired. Can we see some real class, not this definition of class.

16. She is a beautiful girl with a banging body and individually her pieces are great but I am not sure about how she puts things together. something looks off to me but she does rock confidence very well!!!

17. dyshaun says:

Why the repeated insistence on how much class you have? I can always tell who is realllyyyy who by what they get hung up on.

Anyway cute pieces. Love those shades. I literally hate the jumpsuit, white pumps, clutch outfit. And why you such a tease? You love shoes yet only share 3/4 styles with us? LOL Forgive you if you tell me where the high waist floral shorts are from…

But frfr I BOL at “look at the pics like a preschooler..”

18. Jess says:

Where the hell is the touch of “class” she mentioned? Not evident in any of these pics. One dimensional, borderline tacky.

19. Shanika says:

I appreciate you all .. Good or bad. Thank youuuuuu

20. southern says:

maybe tomorrow

21. Kandi says:

Pretty lady. Very trendy style. I did like the printed skirt and bustier.

22. missy says:

This is more “Ratchet” than fashionable.
    Her nails are horrid.
    and just because you have loubs. does not mean you’re an icon? OKAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY! #thatisall

All I see is a clown in cheap clothes. Girrrrl go get yo life and try again. Just a tacky ass little girl, nothing to see here. Goodnight

25. Bre Bre says:

Shanika, I need the details on the last sweater… it reminds me of the expensive ass “Parental Advisory” sweater. But, it’s more eclectic, which I like. That outfit was really cute!

26. A says:

Pretty girl but her style is very hoodrat/instagram chic.

She has good taste in shoes though!

27. Larose says:

She’s not a bad dresser. She seems polished and well put together. Now am I sold on her personal sense of style,not really, but it’s not terrible or horrid like so many of these fashion bombs. Is is Instagram trendy, of course it is. Most young women her age are. Not terrible, just trendy.

28. Nikki says:

I love the green hair on her…that’s really the only thing that stood out as bombshell to me except for the cute floral high waisted shorts.

She’s basic

30. Morgan says:

Hmm

31. NellyV85 says:

She’s really pretty! The down side is that she is giving me thotish-chic .

32. Catie d. says:

Typical Instagram hoochie style.

Tacky, predictable hood style. Aside from the hair (which I like), there is no fashion in this post

34. FLEE says:

absolutely NOT! she tried it with that floral dress.. just tacky. Pretty girl, bad style.